Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA in History

.xlsx   DegreePlanHistoryBA.xlsx (Size: 12.17 KB / Downloads: 148)
This is my degree plan (still in progress). I will update it once I plan a couple of more of UL courses and then I will have a complete picture of where to take the last few courses.

One more course may be from Coopersmith, depending on the answer from academic advising I will receive this week, and Capstone of course is TESU, that would be the third course I take with TESU, making my degree almost completely done with alternative credits.
[attachment=3198 Wrote:Lacedonia4 pid='314226' dateline='1595854552']
This is my degree plan (still in progress). I will update it once I plan a couple of more of UL courses and then I will have a complete picture of where to take the last few courses.

One more course may be from Coopersmith, depending on the answer from academic advising I will receive this week, and Capstone of course is TESU, that would be the third course I take with TESU, making my degree almost completely done with alternative credits.

Ok, I added the final courses, I am awaiting confirmation today and will update with the course number, thanks to all those who suggested BYU Independent Studies, that is a life saver, as the DSST center here won't open until Spring 2021 to take non western history course.

That feeling of accomplishment to be so close to finish the degree, I can taste it Big Grin

Attached Files
.xlsx   DegreePlanHistoryBA.xlsx (Size: 12.21 KB / Downloads: 82)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lacedonia4's post:
  • rachel83az
(07-29-2020, 01:45 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 07:55 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: This is my degree plan (still in progress). I will update it once I plan a couple of more of UL courses and then I will have a complete picture of where to take the last few courses.

Ok, I added the final courses, I am awaiting confirmation today and will update with the course number, thanks to all those who suggested BYU Independent Studies, that is a life saver, as the DSST center here won't open until Spring 2021 to take non western history course.

That feeling of accomplishment to be so close to finish the degree, I can taste it Big Grin
I changed the degree plan. It now reflects all Upper Level courses through TESU. In the end residency has to be satisfied in one manner or another and it makes more sense to take those courses with an actual college than an alternate course provider. I will post the updated chart soon.
I got a BA in History from TESU last year. At the time I did it, Historical Methods was not offered by Study.com, so I took that and a non-Western history from TESU directly. I took Chinese history, btw, and enjoyed it. I think they offer a couple of other options too.

I will go ahead and tell you that the Vietnam course you have on your plan for Non-Western history will not satisfy the requirement at TESU. Other than that and the capstone you should be able to do the entire degree at Study.com or Sophia though.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(08-21-2020, 08:24 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: I got a BA in History from TESU last year. At the time I did it, Historical Methods was not offered by Study.com, so I took that and a non-Western history from TESU directly. I took Chinese history, btw, and enjoyed it. I think they offer a couple of other options too.

I will go ahead and tell you that the Vietnam course you have on your plan for Non-Western history will not satisfy the requirement at TESU. Other than that and the capstone you should be able to do the entire degree at Study.com or Sophia though.
Thank you so much. Yes an earlier suggestion here on the forum said the Vietnam course was non western but when I verified with Academic advisor I changed it to Tsarist Russia from BYU Independent studies. It shows on my second file I uploaded on this thread.

At the moment I have not completely dismissed SDC yet as it does have all the courses i need to complete my degree. I am, as we speak, halfway through Civil War course and Historical Methods and already completed Library Science. I feel like I rushed through the latter therefore I started panicking but since I can take also LiDA TECEP I am a little more relaxed now. My academic advisor also approved LDR-324 Leaders in History as an UL course.  I really love history and I changed major a few times but then decided why not study what I really enjoy? And it seems the best fit so far. Thank you so much for all the great pointers. I am so stressed this month. Working on all 5 of the courses on SDC and also rented the book for capstone and started writing down a few ideas on the Capstone final project.
the big advantages to Study.com are 1) they have an app, and 2) the material from one course fills in similar material in all other courses.

Those 2 things right there are going to make your completion rate at Study.com be far faster than other places. TECEPs and CLEPs are good too though.

When you do your capstone, just bear in mind that it doesn't have to be anything more than a capstone. It's not some kind of contest to impress the professor. Pick a simple question that you can explore without going crazy and just write to the requirements. Mine got away from me big time and ended up being almost 100 pages, which was ridiculous. I think the requirement is 25.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Thank you so much, I'll keep that in mind, I do too have a tendency to write a lot especially when I really like a particular event in history.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using DegreeForum.net mobile app
Anyone have a more recent (past year or so) degree template for the TESU History major that they can share with me privately? My dd17 wants to major in History and/or Archaeology: those are her passions.
BA, Religion, AMU, 2019, Summa Cum Laude & Class Speaker
AA, General Ed., AMU, 2016

RA: Northern Virginia CC; St. Leo Univ.

Alt Credit:
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
TEEX: Cyber Security for Everyone; Cyber Security for IT Professionals
SL: Intro. to Religion (the class 1 transferred to AMU-wish I had known sooner)

Angel 
Unlisted USArmy and Fed govt prof credentials
The one I listed above is from July 2020. I am pursuing BA in history.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lacedonia4's post:
  • warriortaupou
(09-25-2020, 08:45 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: The one I listed above is from July 2020. I am pursuing BA in history.

Thank you.
BA, Religion, AMU, 2019, Summa Cum Laude & Class Speaker
AA, General Ed., AMU, 2016

RA: Northern Virginia CC; St. Leo Univ.

Alt Credit:
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
TEEX: Cyber Security for Everyone; Cyber Security for IT Professionals
SL: Intro. to Religion (the class 1 transferred to AMU-wish I had known sooner)

Angel 
Unlisted USArmy and Fed govt prof credentials