Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA in History
(07-29-2020, 01:45 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 07:55 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: This is my degree plan (still in progress). I will update it once I plan a couple of more of UL courses and then I will have a complete picture of where to take the last few courses.

One more course may be from Coopersmith, depending on the answer from academic advising I will receive this week, and Capstone of course is TESU, that would be the third course I take with TESU, making my degree almost completely done with alternative credits.

Ok, I added the final courses, I am awaiting confirmation today and will update with the course number, thanks to all those who suggested BYU Independent Studies, that is a life saver, as the DSST center here won't open until Spring 2021 to take non western history course.

That feeling of accomplishment to be so close to finish the degree, I can taste it Big Grin

So I have about 36 community college credits that I can transfer over.  I was looking at your plan and trying to figure otu what some of the institution abbreviations mean.  Can you help me?  (I am new here.)   I feel like I need 100 spreadsheets to figure out which degree I can complete in the least amount of time and take as much advantage of my gen ed courses as possible.  So is your plan all courses that are required?  Or are you choosing to do certain ones?  I am struggling to figure out what I would need specifically to create a spreadsheet like yours based on the info on the TESU site alone.  The gen ed requirements sound vague.  Thanks!  For reference, I am mostly deciding between Psychology or History.
(11-12-2020, 08:44 PM)elledee2020 Wrote: So I have about 36 community college credits that I can transfer over.  I was looking at your plan and trying to figure otu what some of the institution abbreviations mean.  Can you help me?  (I am new here.)

I'm not the original poster of that plan but wanted to help if I could.

If it helps the abbreviations the person listed on the spreadsheet are:
CC (community college)
SL (straighterline)
Sophia (Sophia)
SDC (study.com)
Institutes (not going to be easy to get this course for credit with some recent changes, but it’s a professional insurance credential)
TESU (Thomas Edison State University)
CLEP (College Level Examination Program, but it’s called CLEP.)
BYU IS (Brigham Young University’s Independent Study)
TEEX: Texas A&M Engineering Extension online courses

Other more skilled forum members may be able to help on degree planning or other parts of your questions.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • elledee2020
Since you're going to TESU and haven't decided on History or Psychology, my recommendation is to, do BOTH! You can double major in both if you like those subjects, in fact, a member here did just that (mysonx3), you can check out the courses he has taken from his signature link. I suggest doing all the Sophia.org courses for now that don't duplicate your current credits, all of them except college readiness and the 3 foundation courses.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • elledee2020, rachel83az
(11-12-2020, 09:05 PM)P226mem Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 08:44 PM)elledee2020 Wrote: So I have about 36 community college credits that I can transfer over.  I was looking at your plan and trying to figure otu what some of the institution abbreviations mean.  Can you help me?  (I am new here.)

I'm not the original poster of that plan but wanted to help if I could.

If it helps the abbreviations the person listed on the spreadsheet are:
CC (community college)
SL (straighterline)
Sophia (Sophia)
SDC (study.com)
Institutes (not going to be easy to get this course for credit with some recent changes, but it’s a professional insurance credential)
TESU (Thomas Edison State University)
CLEP (College Level Examination Program, but it’s called CLEP.)
BYU IS (Brigham Young University’s Independent Study)
TEEX: Texas A&M Engineering Extension online courses

Other more skilled forum members may be able to help on degree planning or other parts of your questions.

Thank you so much!!  That helps immensely!

(11-12-2020, 09:14 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Since you're going to TESU and haven't decided on History or Psychology, my recommendation is to, do BOTH!  You can double major in both if you like those subjects, in fact, a member here did just that (mysonx3), you can check out the courses he has taken from his signature link.  I suggest doing all the Sophia.org courses for now that don't duplicate your current credits, all of them except college readiness and the 3 foundation courses.

Thank you!  I will search for mysonx3 and see what I can figure out.  I had considered doing both, just wasn't sure if much would overlap or if I'd be overloading myself.  I appreciate the info!
So I reworked the spreadsheet to represent my own completed coursework and preferences.  I put a few notes about what the colors and question marks meant.  DCC was my community college.  

I'd love any advice or if you think I missed something or something won't work, let me know.  It is very similar to the one at the beginning of the thread, but I did sort it by sections of coursework, with notation, for my own sake, and the sake of anyone helping me determine if this will work or not.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files
.xls   TESU_BA_History_Plan_InTheWorks.xls (Size: 20 KB / Downloads: 19)
(11-14-2020, 06:29 PM)elledee2020 Wrote: So I reworked the spreadsheet to represent my own completed coursework and preferences.  I put a few notes about what the colors and question marks meant.  DCC was my community college.  

I'd love any advice or if you think I missed something or something won't work, let me know.  It is very similar to the one at the beginning of the thread, but I did sort it by sections of coursework, with notation, for my own sake, and the sake of anyone helping me determine if this will work or not.

Thanks in advance!
Which catalog are you on? I noticed you put the Library Science course from Study.com instead of TESU's SOS-110.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(11-15-2020, 12:05 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 06:29 PM)elledee2020 Wrote: So I reworked the spreadsheet to represent my own completed coursework and preferences.  I put a few notes about what the colors and question marks meant.  DCC was my community college.  

Thanks in advance!
Which catalog are you on? I noticed you put the Library Science course from Study.com instead of TESU's SOS-110.

I started with the spreadsheet at the beginning of this thread by the original poster.  I did download the TESU catalog, but I worked with that SS as my starting point along with the info I got on another thread about what would work for each section of credits needed.  I used the SDC course on the list just because I would rather do everything I can from outside sources unless absolutely required to be done at TESU.  If this happens to be one of those, feel free to correct me.  I just started putting this together for myself a few days ago, so I am still learning how it all works.  I've flipped back and forth between so many schools that I have things mixed up in my head, so I am relying on forum info for the most part to plan this out right now.
(11-15-2020, 09:08 AM)elledee2020 Wrote:

Thanks in advance!

I started with the spreadsheet at the beginning of this thread by the original poster.  I did download the TESU catalog, but I worked with that SS as my starting point along with the info I got on another thread about what would work for each section of credits needed.  I used the SDC course on the list just because I would rather do everything I can from outside sources unless absolutely required to be done at TESU.  If this happens to be one of those, feel free to correct me.  I just started putting this together for myself a few days ago, so I am still learning how it all works.  I've flipped back and forth between so many schools that I have things mixed up in my head, so I am relying on forum info for the most part to plan this out right now.
I asked because if you're on the newer 2020 and later catalogs, the Study.com library science course no longer works. You would have to take TESU's course.

In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(11-15-2020, 10:08 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:

Thanks in advance!

I asked because if you're on the newer 2020 and later catalogs, the Study.com library science course no longer works. You would have to take TESU's course.

Thank you.  I honestly have struggled making those determinations and that's why I am relying so heavily on info here.  I don't have time to sit down right now and go through every course and check.  I work 3 jobs and have 2 special needs kids.  I am stretching to attempt to do this, but I need to...for my kids' sake and mine!  I will have to drop a job to complete the coursework at all, but trying to do as much as I can before I start.  Thanks for your help!
(11-15-2020, 10:24 AM)elledee2020 Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 10:08 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Thank you.  I honestly have struggled making those determinations and that's why I am relying so heavily on info here.  I don't have time to sit down right now and go through every course and check.  I work 3 jobs and have 2 special needs kids.  I am stretching to attempt to do this, but I need to...for my kids' sake and mine!  I will have to drop a job to complete the coursework at all, but trying to do as much as I can before I start.  Thanks for your help!
I'm not as good as others with this, but I can give you a bit if advice. Change the Library Science from Study.com to SOS-110 from TESU. Remove the 1 credit cornerstone( it's no longer available). straighterline has a course that fits the survey of world history ( it's left blank on your spreadsheet).

If you haven't already applied you may want to do so now. It'll also let you really see where the community College credits fit.