Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOG done!
My son received word today that he has satisfied degree requirements and should receive his Pierpont BOG diploma by the end of August. The community here has been *so* helpful. Thank you, thank you, thank you! 

In the spirit of paying it forward, here are some notes I made that might be helpful for others: 

Sophia Visual Communications and Communication at Work met the communications gen ed requirements. 

The Sophia Foundations Algebra course did *not* meet any of the math requirement, despite what was posted in one of the BOG threads or one of the wikis. College Algebra and Human Bio did work because you can mix and match for the science/math gen eds.

Sophia US History 1 and 2 took care of social sciences. 

Credly/Acclaim transcripts showed up more quickly when we used eprocessing@pierpont.edu instead of admit@pierpont.edu.

No need to contact admissions after filling out the application to tell them you want to do the BOG. Enter BOG as your degree choice during the application, and set up your student records account (ROAR—just Google it) using the ID # (R########) on the back of the admissions letter you will receive about 10 days after submitting the application. 

Then email Nancy Parks (nparks@pierpont.edu) to introduce yourself and request that she look over your unofficial transcripts (attach them) to see if anything is missing. When she tells you you’ve met the requirements, fill out the graduation application she will give you, and email it to registrar@pierpont.edu. We cc’d Dr. Parks on that for good measure. They will email you back to confirm. That’s it, and hallelujah!
[-] The following 12 users Like BAngieB's post:
  • allvia, clj626, FastTrackDegree, Flelm, iggydawn, jch, LevelUP, nyjosh, ss20ts, SteveFoerster, TenderMoni, Vle045
Congratulations! Where does your son go from here?
(07-19-2021, 08:24 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Congratulations! Where does your son go from here?
To work: he’s now checked the box for the associate’s required for his job applications and has CompTIA certifications that will get him in the door at a few places. He’s done enough self directed learning that I think he would do well to do a bachelor’s through one of the popular options on this board, but my role as educational advisor is at an end after years of homeschooling him. He’s young, has some diagnosed disabilities, and needs more time to bake, I think. I firmly believe full-time work and his own place are best for that.  Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like BAngieB's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, rachel83az, ss20ts, TwinMom
Many of us needed more time to bake after high school. I'm happy to see that he was able to complete a degree and his disabilities didn't stop him! For many of us we ended up in jobs we were less than happy with so we went and got our education MUCH later in life. Smile
That's awesome! Congratulations to your son!

Thanks for the information about the email address and the Foundations of Algebra course at Sophia. I've changed the wiki to reflect this.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Oh wow! Congrats on accomplishing the BOG AAS! I wonder how I missed this post last week... Let the guy take his time with the Bachelors, take one course at a time and slowly go at his own pace. I recommend him taking more CLEP/Sophia.org and maybe take some time to decide his next degree/school.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]