Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BS Tech Studies - courses required
After a year of indolence, I've been able to restart my path. I'm pursuing the BS Tech Studies degree, at TSEU. I've had my evaluation completed and the following courses are required:
1) SOS-110 Critical Information Literacy  (I'm registered at TSEU to start this course on March 1st) 

2) Ethical Leadership - PHI-384 Ethics and Business Professional
3) Civic Engagement (choose one): 
FDR-440: Fundraising for Nonprofits, GLB-301: Global Issues and Society, POS-110: American Government, POS-310: Constitutional Issues, SOC-376: Women and Social Action, SOS-204: Academic Community Impact – Theory, Methods, and Practice, SOS-370: Challenges in U.S. and Global Public Health 

4) STA-201 Principles of Statistics 
5) MAN-435 Project Management 
6) APS-401 Current Trends and Applications 

Last year, I completed Business 108: Business Ethics, at SDC. I'm not sure if TSEU will accept this any longer, for the Ethical Leadership requirement.

How can I continue using SDC or other providers, in lieu of taking classes at TSEU? What is the fastest or most efficient path for me? I understand the residency waiver requirement and am willing to pay it, if necessary.
How many RA credits do you have? Do you have at least 24 RA credits (plus capstone/cornerstone for a total of 30)? If not, answers are going to be a bit different.

If you have at least 24 RA credits:
Ethical leadership: Take Ethics at Sophia. But complete Greek Philosophers first.
Civic Engagement: Take American Government from InstantCert.
Statistics: Statistics at Sophia
Project Management: Sophia has Project Management. It's not UL, so it won't work if you need UL credits here. SDC has Business 311.
Current Trends & Applications: I think you have to take this one at TESU. I don't think there's any way around this.

If you don't have at least 24 RA credits:
Ethical Leadership: Business Ethics UExcel.
Civic Engagement: American Government @ TEL Learning
Statistics: Statistics TECEP. You might want to subscribe to ALEKS @ $20/mo to study for the test.
Project Management: CSU Global Self-Study assessment exam: https://csuglobal.edu/undergraduate/alte...ssessments
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-22-2021, 06:46 PM)rachel83az Wrote: How many RA credits do you have? Do you have at least 24 RA credits (plus capstone/cornerstone for a total of 30)? If not, answers are going to be a bit different.

Ethical leadership: Take Ethics at Sophia. But complete Greek Philosophers first.
Project Management: Sophia has Project Management. It's not UL, so it won't work if you need UL credits here. SDC has Business 311.
Current Trends & Applications: I think you have to take this one at TESU. I don't think there's any way around this.

Statistics: Statistics TECEP. You might want to subscribe to ALEKS @ $20/mo to study for the test.
Project Management: CSU Global Self-Study assessment exam: https://csuglobal.edu/undergraduate/alte...ssessments

I have 102 RA credits that have been evaluated and accepted at TESU. I have 18 credits remaining to complete the degree. So, I should follow the first path you have listed. I was concerned about TESU accepting these alternate credits with all of the changes that have happened, in the recent past.
(02-22-2021, 06:58 PM)khwaja1924 Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 06:46 PM)rachel83az Wrote: How many RA credits do you have? Do you have at least 24 RA credits (plus capstone/cornerstone for a total of 30)? If not, answers are going to be a bit different.

I have 102 RA credits that have been evaluated and accepted at TESU. I have 18 credits remaining to complete the degree. So, I should follow the first path you have listed. I was concerned about TESU accepting these alternate credits with all of the changes that have happened, in the recent past.

In my experience, they will still accept them as long as you don't have OVER 90 credits from ACE recommended providers (combined).  I have 60 RA credits for example and the rest of my credits are ACE, I have about the same amount of credits as you.  

Also, keep in mind that you will have to pay a "residency fee" if you do not take at least 16 credit hours at TESU.  See the links below for more information.

Link to FAQ on the Transfer Policy:  https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/faqs-tra...rs-sources

Link to residency fee requirements and waiver:  https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/fees
(02-22-2021, 06:58 PM)khwaja1924 Wrote: I have 102 RA credits that have been evaluated and accepted at TESU. I have 18 credits remaining to complete the degree. So, I should follow the first path you have listed. I was concerned about TESU accepting these alternate credits with all of the changes that have happened, in the recent past.

In that case, yup, you can take whatever you want as long as it meets the requirements.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Business Ethics will transfer easily. Don't take another ethics course somewhere else.

For ease, you can do these courses a couple of different places, but I'd stick with Study.com if you need PM to be UL (you get 2 courses/exams for that $199/mo fee; you may as well take 2 courses and not just 1 since you're paying for it anyway)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Civic Engagement
American Government - ICC or
POLS 103: Comparative Politics - Study.com

Statistics
STAT 101: Principles of Statistics - Study.com or
Intro to Statistics - Sophia

Project Management
BUS 311: Project Management (UL) Study.com or
Project Management (LL) - Sophia

Current Trends & Applications is the capstone course, and must be taken at TESU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Original Poster - So, OP, are you a service person? Have you taken any courses at TESU yet? You should decide on either taking 16 credits to get rid of the Residency Waiver fee by using Pell Grant. Are you working full time? Got tuition assistance/reimbursement? I highly suggest you take at least two terms of courses, 2/3 each courses to hit 16 credits in two terms.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-22-2021, 07:29 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Business Ethics will transfer easily. Don't take another ethics course somewhere else.

For ease, you can do these courses a couple of different places, but I'd stick with Study.com if you need PM to be UL (you get 2 courses/exams for that $199/mo fee; you may as well take 2 courses and not just 1 since you're paying for it anyway)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Civic Engagement

Statistics

Project Management

Current Trends & Applications is the capstone course, and must be taken at TESU.

Thanks for the advice. This is most likely the path I will be taking, using Study.com

(02-22-2021, 09:04 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Original Poster - So, OP, are you a service person?  Have you taken any courses at TESU yet?  You should decide on either taking 16 credits to get rid of the Residency Waiver fee by using Pell Grant.  Are you working full time? Got tuition assistance/reimbursement?   I highly suggest you take at least two terms of courses, 2/3 each courses to hit 16 credits in two terms.

I am a service person - I've been in the IT field for 25 years.. engineer to engineering manager to IT business owner.

I have not taken any courses at TESU, yet. SOS-110 (Critical Info & Literacy) will be my first class, starting on March 1st.

I am working full time and do not receive any tuition assistance. I am fine with paying for the residency waiver at TESU.

I'm thinking the Study.com is easier than taking the courses at TESU. I could be wrong. That is why I am leaning on taking 4 out of the 6 through Study.com. The cornerstone and capstone courses will be taken at TESU.
(02-22-2021, 10:49 PM)khwaja1924 Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 07:29 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Business Ethics will transfer easily. Don't take another ethics course somewhere else.

Civic Engagement

Statistics

Project Management

Thanks for the advice. This is most likely the path I will be taking, using Study.com

(02-22-2021, 09:04 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Original Poster - So, OP, are you a service person?  Have you taken any courses at TESU yet?  You should decide on either taking 16 credits to get rid of the Residency Waiver fee by using Pell Grant.  Are you working full time? Got tuition assistance/reimbursement?   I highly suggest you take at least two terms of courses, 2/3 each courses to hit 16 credits in two terms.

I am a service person - I've been in the IT field for 25 years.. engineer to engineering manager to IT business owner.

I have not taken any courses at TESU, yet. SOS-110 (Critical Info & Literacy) will be my first class, starting on March 1st.

I am working full time and do not receive any tuition assistance. I am fine with paying for the residency waiver at TESU.

I'm thinking the Study.com is easier than taking the courses at TESU. I could be wrong. That is why I am leaning on taking 4 out of the 6 through Study.com. The cornerstone and capstone courses will be taken at TESU.

I think TESU will give you a discount for being a veteran, at $250/cr?  And they will also let you trade that residency waiver for 24cr of courses/exams at the school.  So, if I were you, I'd go ahead and take the 3 courses you still need, but then make sure TESU has you at the discounted rate, and take 6 LL TECEP exams - the 6 easiest you can do.  COmputers will obviously be one, Applied Math will probably be another, then 4 more.  At that point, you will have paid $900 for TECEP's and $1500 for your cornerstone and capstone, and can then not pay $3192.  Just a thought.

Obviously you can decide to pay the RW, but I'm not sure why you'd trade $900 and a little time to study for $3192?  Yikes!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-23-2021, 02:27 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 10:49 PM)khwaja1924 Wrote:

Civic Engagement

Statistics

Project Management

I think TESU will give you a discount for being a veteran, at $250/cr?  And they will also let you trade that residency waiver for 24cr of courses/exams at the school.  So, if I were you, I'd go ahead and take the 3 courses you still need, but then make sure TESU has you at the discounted rate, and take 6 LL TECEP exams - the 6 easiest you can do.  COmputers will obviously be one, Applied Math will probably be another, then 4 more.  At that point, you will have paid $900 for TECEP's and $1500 for your cornerstone and capstone, and can then not pay $3192.  Just a thought.

Obviously you can decide to pay the RW, but I'm not sure why you'd trade $900 and a little time to study for $3192?  Yikes!

Sounds good, if I can overcome my laziness and study for more classes. Knowing myself over the past few decades, I am confident my laziness will trump these plans. But, I'll try my best.  Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 313 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 450 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Taking Math Courses at TESU legenwait4itdary 5 573 02-02-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BS Technical Studies Engineering AOS Bryant.tj 7 560 12-12-2023, 06:50 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Technical Studies topdog98 11 848 07-22-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  TESU Courses gams007 38 3,818 05-07-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  Possible to take Graduate Courses while completing a Bachelor's Degree? Ninjadude 6 594 03-16-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU - BACS, where to take courses? mt_1994 11 1,305 02-09-2023, 04:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to withdraw courses under new system? jch 1 603 01-22-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: KsT
  Does TESU ever accept Edx.org courses? Wayne195 1 778 01-06-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: rachel83az