Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA Finance Confusion
Hi everyone, 

I'm a new member here, but I've been looking through the site for a few months now. As of this year, TESU changed the degree description format. I am interested in obtaining the BSBA in Finance. However, the current Area of Study (AOS) requirements are quite limited for me. I remember in 2021 TESU had more options for the AOS requirements. I was wondering if other finance courses can be transferred in to fulfil these requirements? Personally, there are a few courses on the 2022 AOS requirements that I don't even want to do, and would rather swap for other finance electives. 

Area of Study requirements in 2021 (18 credits):

Financial Institutions and Markets OR Money and Banking
International Finance
Advanced Financial Management/Corporation Finance
Advanced Security Analysis and Portfolio Management OR Investments II
Business Forecasting
Commercial Banking
Capital Budgeting Management
Capital Structure Management
Derivatives
Mathematical Analysis of Financial Decisions
Risk Management
Working Capital Management

Area of Study requirements in 2022 (18 credits):

Small Business Finance
International Finance
Risk Management
Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
Financial Institutions and Markets
Fundraising for Nonprofits

I would appreciate any assistance. For what its worth, I did contact TESU and they said that I should apply before asking such questions  Blush
The current public catalog at TESU only shows the classes that THEY offer. Once you apply and see your degree evaluation, you'll see that the AOS requirements haven't changed at all. The wiki can help you find the classes you need. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

It is also strongly recommended here that you do apply and fully enroll as soon as possible. This locks in the catalog and unlocks unlimited evaluations. Doing so will allow you to transfer in credits on a regular basis, helping to prevent your credits from being rejected.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • lordajax
(11-29-2022, 11:00 PM)lordajax Wrote: I would appreciate any assistance. For what its worth, I did contact TESU and they said that I should apply before asking such questions  Blush

TESU won't answer specific degree plan questions until you sign up with them. After you sign up, typically, they don't like to answer questions for degrees that aren't in your degree plan.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • lordajax
Thank you both for all your help Big Grin It prevented me from making a huge error! Much appreciated.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,577 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,757 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 772 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  BSBA/BS-CIS? Jwheels27 14 1,299 10-23-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Is CIS still a BSBA or it´s now a different degree? MrPanda 28 2,363 10-21-2023, 03:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BSBA Accounting 2nd Degree at TESU. mog538 10 1,144 10-06-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Managerial Accounting for TESU BSBA Entrepreneurship schlocker 3 501 09-21-2023, 03:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BACS/BSBA CIS - Transferring Credits MortySanchez 12 1,312 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM
  Confusion about BALS with concentration transcript Raine 5 414 08-23-2023, 08:13 PM
  TESU Theater Arts/BSBA Entrepreneurship vs UMPI's Accounting or Hist/PoliSci trying2grad 10 724 08-20-2023, 12:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore