Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BUSINESS IN SOCIETY TECEP
Thumbs Up 
Hi, I've seen that theres barely any recent information on here about studying for the business in society tecep, instead theres just recommendations to take different courses from SDC and Davar. But because of credit transfer policy changes and residency requirements, it can ultimately be more convenient to just take a tecep and that's what I did. I'm sharing what I used to study and pass the business in society tecep so that it may help others looking to take it. I studied for about 5 ish days total, 2-6 hrs per day because I had a free week with no obligations and kind of crammed to get it over with. I personally did not find it too too difficult after studying, but there is a lot of information to memorize and cover. If you've taken intro business & management courses, the concepts for this exam can be easier to fully understand. Even if you haven't, the resources below should be more than enough for you to pass with the right amount of studying. 

- I used the 7th edition of the textbook listed on the exam info sheet (9th edition is recommended, but I found the 7th online completely free)
Business and Society: Ethics and Stakeholder Management, 7th Edition

- I used this set of flashcards posted by another user (cant remember their username) after taking notes on the textbook to test my knowledge (also to fill any gaps between the 7th and 9th edition but they're pretty much the same)
Business in Society TECEP Terms and Topics (From recommended Carroll & Buchholtz 9th Ed. Business in Society book) Ch 1-16

- Here are some youtube videos I found helpful as well on some miscellaneous topics compiled into a playlist: (sustainability, environmental issues, government in biz topics)
biz in society youtube playlist

If you PM me I can send you my personal notes. Definitely focus on the stakeholder and ethics topics because it is the bulk of the exam. 

If anyone has any other tips/experience taking this tecep feel free to add. I really hope this helps somebody!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes snikki01's post:
  • Vin
(10-05-2022, 02:38 PM)snikki01 Wrote: Hi, I've seen that theres barely any recent information on here about studying for the business in society tecep, instead theres just recommendations to take different courses from SDC and Davar. But because of credit transfer policy changes and residency requirements, it can ultimately be more convenient to just take a tecep and that's what I did. I'm sharing what I used to study and pass the business in society tecep so that it may help others looking to take it. I studied for about 5 ish days total, 2-6 hrs per day because I had a free week with no obligations and kind of crammed to get it over with. I personally did not find it too too difficult after studying, but there is a lot of information to memorize and cover. If you've taken intro business & management courses, the concepts for this exam can be easier to fully understand. Even if you haven't, the resources below should be more than enough for you to pass with the right amount of studying. 

- I used the 7th edition of the textbook listed on the exam info sheet (9th edition is recommended, but I found the 7th online completely free)
Business and Society: Ethics and Stakeholder Management, 7th Edition

- I used this set of flashcards posted by another user (cant remember their username) after taking notes on the textbook to test my knowledge (also to fill any gaps between the 7th and 9th edition but they're pretty much the same)
Business in Society TECEP Terms and Topics (From recommended Carroll & Buchholtz 9th Ed. Business in Society book) Ch 1-16

- Here are some youtube videos I found helpful as well on some miscellaneous topics compiled into a playlist: (sustainability, environmental issues, government in biz topics)
biz in society youtube playlist

If you PM me I can send you my personal notes. Definitely focus on the stakeholder and ethics topics because it is the bulk of the exam. 

If anyone has any other tips/experience taking this tecep feel free to add. I really hope this helps somebody!!!!

Thank you for sharing such valuable information. I'm very intimated by the test and you sharing this information and noting how you passed is very reassuring.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Technical Writing TECEP - My Experience PreLawCoastie 2 693 03-14-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  Public Speaking TECEP PreLawCoastie 0 210 02-27-2024, 07:23 AM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  TECEP FIN-3210 Security Analysis & Portfolio Management fmsoa 2 479 01-18-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: CFPhopeful
  TECEP Admissions/Rate my sanity PreLawCoastie 10 989 01-11-2024, 06:05 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Abnormal Psychology TECEP is now available on InstantCert! sgloer 0 290 01-04-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: sgloer
  Managerial Comm TECEP saraholson 7 1,674 12-15-2023, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Dosada
  TECEP Federal Income Taxation Kones 9 903 12-13-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Kones
  Help - how to register for TECEP exam? Carnation 4 363 11-23-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Carnation
  Learning in the Digital Age TECEP Avidreader 0 236 11-22-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP Marketing Communications Avidreader 2 392 11-14-2023, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Avidreader