Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bachelor to Master
Hi guys I read this from TESU's webpage and my question is if you want to get a second degree can you apply for this option and get a Master besides of a Bachelor. Im thinking to go for a Cybersecurity master degree later.
"What is the Bachelor’s to Master’s Program?

The Bachelor’s to Master’s Program at Thomas Edison State University allows you, as an undergraduate student, to earn up to 12 graduate credits (that’s four courses!) that will apply to both your bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree at the University – at the same time. So if you’re serious about earning a master’s degree, the program lets you get a 12-credit head start toward that goal, and at the undergraduate tuition rate."

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
TESU Master's degrees are pretty expensive. If you can find a Master's degree elsewhere that will accept 12 graduate credits in transfer, it could be worth it.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I think you have to be getting the BS in Cybersecurity to qualify to take the MS in Cybersecurity courses for the reduced price. So unless you're willing to WAY overpay for a Cybersec bachelor's degree, you can't really take advantage of this.

Also, per-credit tuition for undergrad is $535/cr, and $576/cr for graduate. So you're only saving $140/cr x 12cr = $1,680.

So, you're paying $20k for a bachelor's degree, and then $18k for a master's degree, to "save" $1,600. Not worth it.

You could get a BS in Cybersec at SNHU for roughly $10k. I'm sure there are other options out there for less than $20k.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • jch
Sad 
Thanks guys now a have a clear view regarding this master degree I was confuse I thought it was take 12 credits for the master degree and it that you get 12 graduate credits at the undergraduate price to be applied to a Master degree later.
Is better to get this degree elsewhere cheaper during the coming year TESU will be more expensive.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
gams007 Wrote:Thanks guys now a have a clear view regarding this master degree I was confuse I thought it was take 12 credits for the master degree and it that you get 12 graduate credits at the undergraduate price to be applied to a Master degree later.
Is better to get this degree elsewhere cheaper during the coming year TESU will be more expensive.

TESU graduate degrees at the Masters level are expensive if you pay 'full or regular' price, it really depends on your degree and number of courses you're going to transfer into the degree program. The Bachelors to Masters program is exactly what you mentioned and quoted above, here's how it would work for those who 'hit' the right spots - resourcefully.

Having said that, it'll still come out 'expensive' to our standards of getting as many alternative credits as possible and graduating with the bare minimum residency requirements. Here's an example: BALS > MALS, 12 at undergrad, 12 transfer with ACE or the freebie ASU Grad cert, 12 at regular 'full tuition'. 411x12=4932 + 675x12=8100, Subtotal $13,032

If you go a different route, say an UMPI BLS, ladder to MAOL, it'll be cheaper, easier, faster. Let's just say you take 3 sessions for each degree (instead of two as you like to pace yourself and go slowly) 3x1400+3x2000=$10,200 ... This is in total cost, whereas for TESU, you'll have additional courses to transfer in that may exceed the cost of transferring into UMPI.

Since you're a native Spanish speaker, you may want to go for one of those degree offerings available in that language from Mexico, Spain or a similar country. Many of these are much more affordable, you can have these evaluated by more favorable FCE instead of Validential, I suggest those NACES or AICE members as the first option, maybe even NARIC.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
My five cents... If you go spanish route use the oficial regulation of each country. Example: titulos oficiales (grado=bachelor, master oficial/universitario), mexico studies that have RVOE and that the number is still valid and has not caducated which can be check in the secretaria de educacion publica). Look each spanish speaking country wich is the equivalent. This way you wil avoid surprises.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 610 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Bachelor to Masters Data Analytics homeschoolmom1 2 355 01-22-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Degree plans - Second bachelor's degree, ASNSM, and certificates carrythenothing 6 1,604 01-06-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Bachelor degree in Computer science fiyajou3 8 936 11-08-2023, 09:43 PM
  TESU Bachelor to Masters Program Plan Cheap and Fast? Sargoththemino 9 920 09-13-2023, 06:52 PM
Last Post: jch
  Does the Professional Scrum Master I, II, or III (PSM I II or III) transfer into TESU CanICode 1 489 08-07-2023, 04:30 AM
  Foreign (canadian) bachelor's degree does not waive GE requirements? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 12 803 06-11-2023, 11:28 AM
  TESU Bachelor’s Canadian equivalency elenlushk 17 2,742 06-11-2023, 01:41 AM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Two questions regarding to 1. TESU second degree and 2. bachelor to master program lylx1981 5 1,612 05-17-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Henry_Patterson
  Possible to take Graduate Courses while completing a Bachelor's Degree? Ninjadude 6 594 03-16-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: dfrecore