Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bachelors degree in accounting from TESU
Hello I am currently thinking about pursuing my college degree in accounting at TESU I have read somewhere on one of these forums that you can basically get all the credits/classes required for this degree from just CLEP test, DSST test, TECEP test, and from straightliner.com than just pay for the enrollment fee, transcript transfer fee, and graduation fee is this true? If so would anybody be able to show me a layout of a degree plan for accounting from TESU? Would also like to ask one more thing, I am not a college student nor have I ever been to college, can I still take CLEP, DSST, and TECEP TEST and still transfer credit earned from these classes towards an accounting degree from TESU?
Anyone can take Clep's and DSST's and any of those other sources of credits
Sammyguy Wrote:Hello I am currently thinking about pursuing my college degree in accounting at TESU I have read somewhere on one of these forums that you can basically get all the credits/classes required for this degree from just CLEP test, DSST test, TECEP test, and from straightliner.com than just pay for the enrollment fee, transcript transfer fee, and graduation fee is this true? If so would anybody be able to show me a layout of a degree plan for accounting from TESU? Would also like to ask one more thing, I am not a college student nor have I ever been to college, can I still take CLEP, DSST, and TECEP TEST and still transfer credit earned from these classes towards an accounting degree from TESU?

Yes, however, soon the capstone TECEP will be gone, so it won't be a "test out" degree anymore.

Synicaal's BSBA - Accounting - 2017 Catalog | Degree Forum Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia

You might need other credits besides CLEP, DSST, TECEP, and Straighterline. You might need ALEKS, Study.com, etc but those are inexpensive and quick.

What do you mean by Capstone TECEP?
Also I was told by TESU they accept CLEP, DSST, and Straightliner classes as credit but only during the ACE credit review period what does that mean if you can help me out on that?.
(Also that link you posted was that a degree plan for accounting at TESU)
Thanks
Sammyguy Wrote:What do you mean by Capstone TECEP?

Bachelor's degrees require a capstone course, except that TESU has allowed people to take a certain TECEP exam instead of the business capstone.

Sammyguy Wrote:Also I was told by TESU they accept CLEP, DSST, and Straightliner classes as credit but only during the ACE credit review period what does that mean if you can help me out on that?.

I'm not sure. Maybe they mean only classes taken during the dates when it had ACE approval.

Sammyguy Wrote:(Also that link you posted was that a degree plan for accounting at TESU)
Thanks

Yes.

You should probably spend some time doing research here to start to understand what this whole things is all about:http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...llege.html

Start at the beginning, read all the way through, and you'll start to get a good idea. Then, start sending time on the forum and read posts every day. In a few weeks/months, you will be well on your way to a degree.

Here are the current fees for a degree at TESU:

120 credits - somewhere around $100/course ($33/credit) so roughly $4000 (could be quite a bit less) for courses/exams

$75 App fee
$1800 Residency Waiver fee
$332 Graduation Fee

So roughly (and very rough): $6400.

BUT, after the June term, the price will go up to around $7900, because the option for the Strategic Management TECEP (business capstone) that's $117 now will go away, and you will have to actually take that course for $1500.

At that point, it may be cheaper to get a degree from EC or COSC. But for the moment, TESU is the cheapest.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Synicaal's BSBA - Accounting - 2017 Catalog | Degree Forum Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia

Love seeing this link tossed around, I am actually planning on updating this wiki again today for some of the changes and add some more links.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,976 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,202 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,102 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,638 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,730 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,342 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,589 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,374 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic