Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bachelors in Computer Science Degree Plan
(04-20-2020, 07:10 PM)maxxor6868 Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 06:18 PM)cwendy111 Wrote: You said CLEP is free. Why is CLEP free for you since you didn't include them in your Modern States reimbursement figure of $200

You didn't do much research did you. The clep exam is $89 plus the test center fee usually $25-30 Modenr states gives a code that pays for the test up front but you must pay the test center fee. Take a lot of tests you pay $200 like myself but a month later modern states reimburses you the money for the test center fee. So it is free but next time bud do your research.

Your post emphasizes how much money you saved. Since you so extensively detailed everything else regarding cost including the test fees for CLEP and never one time mentioned the free codes that are given up front from Modern States, I did not know that is how you achieved the free CLEPs. I figured you had some other hook up. Shouldn't the cost of the CLEPS you didn't pay for be factored into your list? They aren't actually free, you had a code for them, which is only obtainable through Modern States. It actually makes your savings even more extensive and makes you even more of a $$$$ saving Maverick. 

I have never taken a CLEP exam and know of Modern States, but have never utilized the program. Couldn't pick a CLEP I wanted to take. I def did not know you get a code upfront. I figured it was reimbursed.

I thought asking you a question made more sense as I wanted to know how YOU did it. Anyway Congrats and job well done.

Also, I am not a dude.  Big Grin
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
(04-20-2020, 07:43 PM)cwendy111 Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 06:18 PM)cwendy111 Wrote: You said CLEP is free. Why is CLEP free for you since you didn't include them in your Modern States reimbursement figure of $200

You didn't do much research did you. The clep exam is $89 plus the test center fee usually $25-30 Modenr states gives a code that pays for the test up front but you must pay the test center fee. Take a lot of tests you pay $200 like myself but a month later modern states reimburses you the money for the test center fee. So it is free but next time bud do your research.

Your post emphasizes how much money you saved. Since you so extensively detailed everything else regarding cost including the test fees for CLEP and never one time mentioned the free codes that are given up front from Modern States, I did not know that is how you achieved the free CLEPs. I figured you had some other hook up. Shouldn't the cost of the CLEPS you didn't pay for be factored into your list? They aren't actually free, you had a code for them, which is only obtainable through Modern States. It actually makes your savings even more extensive and makes you even more of a $$$$ saving Maverick. 

I have never taken a CLEP exam and know of Modern States, but have never utilized the program. Couldn't pick a CLEP I wanted to take. I def did not know you get a code upfront. I figured it was reimbursed.

I thought asking you a question made more sense as I wanted to know how YOU did it. Anyway Congrats and job well done.

Bud isn't gender specific. Also I didn't put it as clep through modern states is a well known method and put in the beginner guide to this forum. Also while it did save me money it saves lots of other students and what do you mean not actually free? A code for the test still makes it free there nothing scummy about it. I didn't factor in the cost of the test as thats pointless as each class at every college is different. The only cost I listed are my test costs as thats tailor to me but everyone is different. I hope that helps.
(04-20-2020, 08:41 PM)maxxor6868 Wrote:

Bud isn't gender specific. Also I didn't put it as clep through modern states is a well known method and put in the beginner guide to this forum. Also while it did save me money it saves lots of other students and what do you mean not actually free? A code for the test still makes it free there nothing scummy about it. I didn't factor in the cost of the test as thats pointless as each class at every college is different. The only cost I listed are my test costs as thats tailor to me but everyone is different. I hope that helps.
Yeah, no bud is not gender neutral. Sophia.org courses are free. TEEX is free. Getting a code to pay for something is not free. It is free with a code. ANd usually when people talk about cost, they include cost lowering info. I don't understand why you are giving me such a hard time. I asked you one question and you somehow got offended. I have been on here awhile and I don't remember everything that I have ever read. Nobody does, especially if you don't go that particular route. I don't think there is anything wrong with saving money. That's why we are all here. I think it is great you did what you did so fast and for so little. Factoring in what those CLEPS and why, may help someone who maybe didn't read everything in the Beginner's Guide. OR maybe just forgot. I read that thing 5 years ago. Things change. I just think you not mentioning it doesn't give the full story. But that's my opinion and why I asked the question that seems to have upset you. 

Again congrats and good luck in your future endeavors.
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
(04-20-2020, 08:50 PM)cwendy111 Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 08:41 PM)maxxor6868 Wrote:

Yeah, no bud is not gender neutral. Sophia.org courses are free. TEEX is free. Getting a code to pay for something is not free. It is free with a code. ANd usually when people talk about cost, they include cost lowering info. I don't understand why you are giving me such a hard time. I asked you one question and you somehow got offended. I have been on here awhile and I don't remember everything that I have ever read. Nobody does, especially if you don't go that particular route. I don't think there is anything wrong with saving money. That's why we are all here. I think it is great you did what you did so fast and for so little. Factoring in what those CLEPS and why, may help someone who maybe didn't read everything in the Beginner's Guide. OR maybe just forgot. I read that thing 5 years ago. Things change. I just think you not mentioning it doesn't give the full story. But that's my opinion and why I asked the question that seems to have upset you. 

Again congrats and good luck in your future endeavors.
Bud is shorten for buddy and their nothing male or female about buddy. Also funny you mention them and Sophia as Sophia only free for a couple of months while for the near future modern state handing codes and how is free with a code not free? Your not paying for the test and its free. Yes no one holding a gun to you and saying you have to save money through modern states but at the same time why wouldn't you. If you have cash to burn than go ahead pay for the test. It won't be free to you. Also you said you been here for a while again as I mention this isn't for people like you than. Its a post for high schoolers transitioning to college. What works for you might not work for everyone. Ny suggesting things like but its not really free but free with a code may cause problems with readers. I'm not arguing anymore about this. Its free and I'm not changing the post. There a guide for a reason and the posts are obviously not for you. I hope things go well for you in the future. Good day.
Congrats on doing so much and not even being done with high school!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 7 130 1 hour ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 35 623 2 hours ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  Path/degree recommendation for a 40 yr old man with no degree Freyo27 1 44 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 8 323 7 hours ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Bachelors Psychology to Masters advice Nexum 5 351 Yesterday, 03:47 PM
Last Post: BELEEMA
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 141 Yesterday, 06:39 AM
Last Post: curious
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,483 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
Question 40 something would love some guidance on how/where/what Bachelors to get! joyfulhelper 5 216 03-26-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,859 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 181 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM