Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bellevue University?
Hey everyone
I plan on going to Bellevue University for a BS in IT, has anyone gone there? opinions? Ive taken cleps and they are transferring 60 of my CCAF credits in electronics systems. I plan on trying to get a M.S in some sort of IT feild or management. The only other schools I thought about looking into were UMUC and WGU but UMUC said they would only take so many vocational credits. I was worried about going to WGU then trying for a masters since its the competion type of grading and GPA. Any advice? Does it really matter where you get a degree from as long as its regionally acreddited and non profit?
Bellevue has good reviews on this forum and the other one as well. I looked into them a few years ago and they seemed to have peaked my interest then.
Main reasons they appealed to me was that they were one of the first RA's to go online and their credits were "affordable" compared to many for profit schools.
They're pretty well known, I haven't taken any courses from them, but I think their model is pretty good.

In regards to WGU, their programs are competency based, if you go with them, you can continue with them for your Masters as well. I really like their IT programs.
The draw for me is that they provide the costs for professional certification examinations as they are included in the cost of the tuition. This is great stuff!
Since WGU has a free application month, I would just apply to them and see how many credits they provide you for transfer. The fee structure is great at WGU.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77
Thanks for the response! You said compared to many for profit schools they are well know? But they are private non profit? My only problem with WGU is that I wouldn't want to go to them for my M.S. and I really haven't heard of people going to other schools after for their masters, but since the app is free I may as well check it out. Thanks
Hardly anyone here has gone to Bellevue. It's an okay, non-traditional school. They kind of have for-profit-like recruiting tactics, but hardly any employer or faculty at a traditional school will know who they are. Attending Bellevue will be like attending any other unranked school.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Bellevue University is a traditional, campus-based school with a robust distance learning component. It was founded in the 1960s to support the local Air Force base, but has expanded considerably beyond that early mandate.

A degree from Bellevue will be as acceptable as one from any other regionally accredited school no one has heard of.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Louisville - Masters (Active Duty) bjcheung77 0 630 06-16-2023, 12:00 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  National University Alpha 0 1,385 04-29-2021, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Digital University Alpha 0 1,013 03-22-2021, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Norwich University for EOD and Navy Divers ROYISAGIRL 0 1,016 03-02-2021, 09:01 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  Indiana Wesleyan University ROYISAGIRL 0 1,321 08-22-2020, 04:30 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  Commencement speech at the University of Texas is the best one of all time! Life Long Learning 1 1,969 06-28-2017, 12:50 AM
Last Post: originalamyj
  Liberty University: Using Military and Emergency Personnel Discount sanantone 3 2,806 04-04-2017, 05:38 PM
Last Post: icampy
  Colorado Technical University Wounded Warrior Scholarship jmeitrem 0 1,604 04-03-2017, 06:39 PM
Last Post: jmeitrem
  Syracuse University VCTP Application for May 2017 Cohort jmeitrem 0 1,439 01-31-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: jmeitrem
  American Military University popieh 6 5,341 12-02-2016, 03:34 AM
Last Post: Gahanna45