Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best ACE option for these courses - if possible!
ENG 250 (102)
Stats (terrible at Math)
COMM 221 (though I'm sure any communication course will work)
Cultural Enrichment 300 level
General 300 level elective
English 321 - Advanced Composition

I'm currently petering my way through Beginner and Intermediate Algebra on ALEKs, it's pretty painful, so not sure I should attempt statistics or not. The state college I am hoping to attend is open to accepting courses from ACE accredidation, so I want to know if there's a preferred site I should present to my advisor before requesting approval.

Thanks for any help!
erinp88 Wrote:ENG 250 (102)
Stats (terrible at Math) - ALEKS , Statistics.com, or Sl if they will take Intro to Stats for what you need.
COMM 221 (though I'm sure any communication course will work) If you need Oral Comm take the DSST or SL Intro to Comm, Study.com's Comm course now works for 3 credits as well. If you need the Business Comm Course - SL or Study.com
Cultural Enrichment 300 level - ?????
General 300 level elective - Any SL or Study.com course that comes in as Upper Level according to ACE Credit Registry
English 321 - Advanced Composition - Maybe Advanced Technical Writing from Study.com

I'm currently petering my way through Beginner and Intermediate Algebra on ALEKs, it's pretty painful, so not sure I should attempt statistics or not. The state college I am hoping to attend is open to accepting courses from ACE accredidation, so I want to know if there's a preferred site I should present to my advisor before requesting approval.

Thanks for any help!

Yes Always get prior approval for any course at a school. My CC claims to be open to ACE credit but every class I purposed to them got shot down. Everything from ALEKS, Study.com, SL all shot down.

I have heard ALEKS Stats is a pain in the butt so I don't know where the best place is. I'd recommend learning how to do the ALEKS calculations in Excel and learning that way. I managed to get through my Stats course at my Local CC that way. Not sure I would have been able to get through it without being able to run the problem in excel then reverse the problem to lean the steps myself.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Erinp, what is English 250? For which school are you hoping to use these? Is your goal still to get a bachelor's in anything, as quickly as possible? Which credits do you already have?
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Moved this one for you since you already had responses and deleted the duplicate.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
KayV Wrote:Erinp, what is English 250? For which school are you hoping to use these? Is your goal still to get a bachelor's in anything, as quickly as possible? Which credits do you already have?

I'm transferring into Ferris State University for an RN to BSN program. Quick would be ideal, but not realistic for my situation with having 3 demanding kids who are young.

English 250 is English 102.
Synicaal Wrote:Yes Always get prior approval for any course at a school. My CC claims to be open to ACE credit but every class I purposed to them got shot down. Everything from ALEKS, Study.com, SL all shot down.

I have heard ALEKS Stats is a pain in the butt so I don't know where the best place is. I'd recommend learning how to do the ALEKS calculations in Excel and learning that way. I managed to get through my Stats course at my Local CC that way. Not sure I would have been able to get through it without being able to run the problem in excel then reverse the problem to lean the steps myself.

Thank you! Straighterline and ALEKS are already accepted without question. Just didn't know if I could find a more affordable option and easier statistics option prior to transferring in.
For English 102, you could try Straighterline if you are looking for an online class. For exams, DSST just came out with Principles of Advanced English Composition which fulfills English Composition II.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
It's hard to say what will work at your school, since we don't know what your school will accept as what.

COMM 221 - what does that mean? You need to put the title of the course in.

Cultural Enrichment - again, your school's idea of what this is may be different than another school. Give examples of what would work here.

General 300 level elective - what will your school accept here? Some examples.

Advanced Composition - is this an UL course? Give some examples of what they will count.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 381 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,692 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,798 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,397 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,811 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 537 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 309 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 672 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat