Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best place(s) to take these courses
Looks like I have a several left for the BSBA part of my degree.  I have almost the full BALS but that's not the degree I want.

Principles of Managerial Accounting
Principles of Management
Introduction to Marketing
International Management, Business in Society,International Marketing, or International Business.
Managerial Communications

Where would be the best place(s) to take these?  I have a Study.com account so I'm guessing that might be the answer.

I took the Sophia Intro to Business and Project Management courses but it doesn't seem like they fit anywhere into these.  They have those and several other courses that don't seem to fit into the degree plan, they are listed under Other Courses.
Yes, take them all from Study.com
ACC-102 Intro to Managerial Accounting
BUS-101 Principles of Management
BUS-102 Principles of Marketing
BUS-120 International Business
BUS-113 Business Communications

Here's the equivalency link: https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html
For an UL Business, go with InstantCertCredit, take this for UL AOS
Instantcertcredit: UL Managerial Accounting
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Do I actually need a UL in business for a BSBA CIS? I thought all of the UL were for the CIS part.
Davar is also an option for some of those. SDC is probably easier, though.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I'm all for easy. I wish there was something faster than SDC and their 120 quizzes for a lot of their courses.
utility Wrote:Do I actually need a UL in business for a BSBA CIS? I thought all of the UL were for the CIS part.

Your post above didn't mention CIS so I was thinking GM. You don't need that course for UL requirements, it was a recommendation if you were going for the GM... Skip it, otherwise if you want to learn more about Managerial Accounting, then, by all means, go for it... it's cheap/easy/fast enough.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I probably should have mentioned the CIS part at the beginning. Whoops.

Ha ha. I don't want to learn more. I want to get the credits in and call it a day. Easy and fast are my preferences over cheap. I'll stick with SDC unless something easier and faster comes out which I doubt.
Davar is probably faster - one test and you're done.

SDC is easier - not everything rides on a single test.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I took all of the classes you listed at Study.com, except for Managerial Communications, which I took at Davar. The nice thing about SDC is that when you complete a quiz, it fills in some requirements for other classes as well, and the business classes tend to overlap with each other. So when you finish one class, a different class with 120 quizzes works out to only need 105 quizzes, and so on. Those are all business core so you can take the LL versions.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
(10-06-2020, 10:53 PM)Muldoon Wrote: The nice thing about SDC is that when you complete a quiz, it fills in some requirements for other classes as well, and the business classes tend to overlap with each other. So when you finish one class, a different class with 120 quizzes works out to only need 105 quizzes, and so on. 

I didn't know about what you are saying.

On my list to take at SDC at the start was:
Advanced Accounting
Intermediate Accounting I and II
Princ of Managerial Accounting
Cost Accounting

I just completed both Advanced Accounting (wanted to knock out the hardest first) and Managerial Accounting. So then does that mean some of my quizzes for Intermediate Acctg I and II should already be cleared before I start?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 314 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 453 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Taking Math Courses at TESU legenwait4itdary 5 573 02-02-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Courses gams007 38 3,822 05-07-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  Possible to take Graduate Courses while completing a Bachelor's Degree? Ninjadude 6 594 03-16-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU - BACS, where to take courses? mt_1994 11 1,305 02-09-2023, 04:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to withdraw courses under new system? jch 1 603 01-22-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: KsT
  Does TESU ever accept Edx.org courses? Wayne195 1 778 01-06-2023, 09:39 AM
  Tried sending ACE Saylor courses not listed on equivalency lists? spohara 15 1,369 12-19-2022, 05:49 PM
  Top 10 Most Popular TESU Courses LevelUP 2 654 12-12-2022, 01:49 PM
Last Post: LevelUP