Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best ways to FINISH these last 2 classes
Thumbs Up 
Hello folks!  I'm completing my BSBA from TESU and I am TIRED, lol.  Whew!  Been at it since 2015 (and researching since 2013/14), I am exhausted. :-)

Let's get to it then.  I have 4 total classes remaining. 

1.  English Writing/Composition 2

2.  Oral Communication (Public Speaking)

3.  Business Communication

4.  International Business

Oral Communication and Business Communication will be done through Straighterline. (I already purchased the courses, Big Grin)

Thant leaves English Writing/Composition 2, and International Business.

For International Business, I was thinking about DAVAR, but I know that Study.com also has an International Business Course.

For English Writing/Composition 2, there's Ed4Credit, or, Study.com.

I guess what I am asking is, in my very tired state, is what course providers would YOU choose for English Writing/Composition 2, and International Business?

Thanks for your help!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
I feel your pain, it took me forever too!

For English Comp II, I'm going to recommend the TECEP. It was really easy. I took it cold, and got a decent score (79% I think), if I would have actually studied for like 5 minutes, I probably would have done much better.

For International Business, I would also say Davar. I guess from where you're at, an exam sounds so much faster than an actual course. But if you choose to use Study.com, then I would do that and make sure you do the LL course (why take UL if you don't have to??).

Good luck!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Toastmaster
Is DSST an option for you? If so the Advanced composition exam has no writing required, just analysis of essay types. If you study each of the topics on the DSST Fact Sheet using OWL you should do fine. Here is a post about the test:

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid254570

I highly recommend DAVAR's public speaking. Only has 1 speech required and it can be recorded with your phone.

I really like DAVAR but I chose Study.com for International Business because I was not in the mood to study for the 10 essay questions on DAVAR. If you choose DAVAR, I recommend paying attention to the slides that have more than 3 sentences on them, those are possible options for your essay questions. Rewrite each of those slides in your own words (2 sentences is fine) and then memorize all of them and you will be prepared for the essay portion.
[-] The following 2 users Like DIGI-212's post:
  • cookderosa, Toastmaster
Thank you!

For the TECEP, for the life of me, I could not find out what items were required to do well on it. (Last night, lol) all I could find is the items covered for the course.

Thank you so much for the well wishes! I will scratch and crawl my way across this finish line! Lol!

(07-16-2018, 11:02 PM)dfrecore xxdateline='1531800122' Wrote: I feel your pain, it took me forever too!

For English Comp II, I'm going to recommend the TECEP. It was really easy. I took it cold, and got a decent score (79% I think), if I would have actually studied for like 5 minutes, I probably would have done much better.

For International Business, I would also say Davar. I guess from where you're at, an exam sounds so much faster than an actual course. But if you choose to use Study.com, then I would do that and make sure you do the LL course (why take UL if you don't have to??).

Good luck!

Thank you!!!! Yes, there is a place locally where I can take a DSST exam. I will check this out!

(07-17-2018, 09:23 AM)DIGI-212 Wrote: Is DSST an option for you? If so the Advanced composition exam has no writing required, just analysis of essay types. If you study each of the topics on the DSST Fact Sheet using OWL you should do fine. Here is a post about the test:

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid254570

I highly recommend DAVAR's public speaking. Only has 1 speech required and it can be recorded with your phone.

I really like DAVAR but I chose Study.com for International Business because I was not in the mood to study for the 10 essay questions on DAVAR. If you choose DAVAR, I recommend paying attention to the slides that have more than 3 sentences on them, those are possible options for your essay questions. Rewrite each of those slides in your own words (2 sentences is fine) and then memorize all of them and you will be prepared for the essay portion.
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

(07-17-2018, 09:23 AM)DIGI-212 Wrote: Is DSST an option for you? If so the Advanced composition exam has no writing required, just analysis of essay types. If you study each of the topics on the DSST Fact Sheet using OWL you should do fine.

That's my suggestion too. I haven't taken it, however, I did use CLEP for my Eng 1 & 2 at TESU, and had to do the essays. The DSST doesn't have any essays but be sure to check the specific exam feedback section. There is a lot there that is confusing to me (warrants?) Anyway, DSST also running a promo for $70.
I used Study.com for both English Comp II and Oral Communications (Presentation Speaking or whatever). They were both pretty easy. This is coming from someone who is always looking for the easy route.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrBossmanJr's post:
  • Toastmaster
I would recommend sticking with your first choice of Study.com as you're already familiar with the process. You've got 2 SL courses, finish it off with 2 Study.com ones, easy as that, don't waste time second-guessing which is the better option, the option that gets it done is the one!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • badooble, Toastmaster
(07-16-2018, 11:02 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I feel your pain, it took me forever too!

For English Comp II, I'm going to recommend the TECEP.  It was really easy.  I took it cold, and got a decent score (79% I think), if I would have actually studied for like 5 minutes, I probably would have done much better.

For International Business, I would also say Davar.  I guess from where you're at, an exam sounds so much faster than an actual course.  But if you choose to use Study.com, then I would do that and make sure you do the LL course (why take UL if you don't have to??).

Good luck!

Does the English Comp II  TECEP require essay writing?       I see conflicting info on their website
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jimmy999's post:
  • Toastmaster
(07-18-2018, 04:27 PM)Jimmy999 Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 11:02 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I feel your pain, it took me forever too!

For English Comp II, I'm going to recommend the TECEP.  It was really easy.  I took it cold, and got a decent score (79% I think), if I would have actually studied for like 5 minutes, I probably would have done much better.

For International Business, I would also say Davar.  I guess from where you're at, an exam sounds so much faster than an actual course.  But if you choose to use Study.com, then I would do that and make sure you do the LL course (why take UL if you don't have to??).

Good luck!

Does the English Comp II  TECEP require essay writing?       I see conflicting info on their website

Yes, but very short.  If you opt to take it, make sure you copy the "thesis" or whatever they call it from one page, you have to hit next and then you can't go back.  I wish I'd have known, because I had to write it all over again and then flesh it out a bit.  But if I would have copied it, and then pasted when I got to the next section, my life would have been easier.

Anyway, it really is much easier than I thought it would be.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Good point!!!! Really really good point!

(07-18-2018, 11:16 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I would recommend sticking with your first choice of Study.com as you're already familiar with the process. You've got 2 SL courses, finish it off with 2 Study.com ones, easy as that, don't waste time second-guessing which is the better option, the option that gets it done is the one!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb College classes in high school, Transfer Policy? pilot 3 649 02-02-2023, 01:18 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  PowerBi Classes ashkir 0 346 01-25-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: ashkir
Question Ways to Use ChatGPT for Language Learning? LevelUP 1 523 01-24-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  onlinedegree.com free classes? ece2001biz 6 918 01-20-2023, 06:47 AM
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 1,901 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
  Transcript hold at college. How to finish CS degree elsewhere? HawkofDarkness 35 2,766 10-18-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  5 Ways You Can Be Discriminated Against Based on Your College Choices LevelUP 0 724 10-07-2022, 09:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Any cheap of free Physical Education classes out there? mdel210201 4 816 09-12-2022, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  Free Non Credit Italian Classes from Wellesley College lisarox 1 538 09-11-2022, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Saylor Proctoring $5 for all classes now! bjcheung77 18 2,640 03-16-2022, 06:33 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing