Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Between ECE vs WES
I am finding it difficult to decide between Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), Inc and World Education Services (WES) as I do not know which of the two could offer me the most credits in evaluation. Ordinarily, I would have had my university send transcripts to them both but I am trying to cut costs at all cost... Any advice would be appreciated.
Also..
As it seems, if my personal evaluation is anything to go by, my foreign university credits should not be less than 60. Added to the 45 I already have from SL, that is about 105. I still have credits from ALEKS and Penn Foster college which brings me to over 120 already. Of course I have few business and management courses(Marketing HRM, etc) to take but I just would want to have an official evaluation so I could apply to TESC with everything I have and to know where I stand. Thank you once again.
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
I cannot comment on ECE, but I used WES and all of my university credits from Scotland transferred to TESC, as well as 27 credits from my secondary school exams.
BA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics, 2013 - TESC - Arnold Fletcher Award
AAS in Applied Computer Studies, 2013 - TESC
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits
9 ALEKS Credits - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry
9 Straighterline Credits - Business Communication, Microeconomics, English Composition II
6 TESC Credits - Global Environmental Change
3 DSST Credits - Environment and Humanity
Sahara!
Which college are you considering applying too? Excelsior now only allows one evaluation service, WES I think, (I'm too lazy to run upstairs and find out right now) They used to take either but now only take WES you'll have to consult with the college of your choice about what evaluation service they want you to use. Also make sure you order at least 2 evaluations. One sent to you and now Excelsior requires that you have the other sent directly to their transcription service. Before you do this ensure that it shows in you "expected transcipts" section of my details otherwise they may not have the wherewithal to deal with it correctly. The other issues is that some evaluation services want you to send your degree, certificate to them and then they send it back while others want you to photocopy them and have it notarized. Or stamped as a genuine copy by a peace commissioner, JP ect This all costs money depending on how it works in your country. There is also an official translation hurdle which arises depending on what language the certificates are issued. Mine were issued in both Irish and English so the translation was directly on the page of my certificates.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
Thank you all for the suggestions and advice. All suggestions seem to point to WES. I am applying to TESC. My transcripts are in English. I never thought I would have my secondary school results evaluated too. If WES would offer me the best deal, despite the fact they are more expensive, I will go for them. Thank you.
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Award:

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

24 Credits from TECEP
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
I have heard nothing but bad reviews for WES. They are often referred to as the worst company for evaluating foreign credits. Look here for more info:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaint...25038.html

ECE is slightly better than WES in the sense that it will evaluate all your credits but will give you a bad GPA.

If i were you i would choose 2 companies and send documents to both of these for evaluation then select the best one. It will cost you double the amount obviously but it will make sure that if one fucks you up badly there is always going to be the other to fall back on. This is the worst care scenario what 9 out of 10 times is going to happen is that both of the companies evaluate what you expect them to evaluate according to your needs.

I have heard nothing bad about Education Perspective you may want to try them. I will choose ECE as the second option. Good luck!
Thank you for the link. It is painful that a business would not care about its customers this much. Before now (two weeks ago), I had written to Education Perspective, ECE, WES, and AACRO requesting for clarifications about certain documents and whether they'd accept them for evaluation. I got a good response (customer care-wise) from EP and ECE. WES did not reply. AACRO gave me a kind of vague response... Uhh. I would like to send my transcripts to ECE but the fear of bad GPA now scares me. Smile Let's see what my purse says, I might end up using EP, ECE, and WES just to see who gives the best...
- Akintayo

Award:

Graduate School

24 Credits from TECEP
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
You're secondary GPA shouldn't harm you unless they try and attach them to your degree. If you have A levels they may try to do so but as someone says here, A pass is a pass. Other secondary school systems will just transfer as = high school equivalent They won't transfer or I would make it a condition of enrolling that they not use secondary school courses for assessment purposes, particularly if you are a mature student. If you have credit from other institutions then you'll likely have them transcribed. Most of mine met my business electives at Excelsior. Private message me your email address and we can chat about it in more detail than the public forum.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,