Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Between Straighter Line, Study.com and Sophia which is easiest?
Which one has open book tests or no tests at all? Which one is easiest?
Easiest is always relative, but Sophia has open book/note exams and is unproctored. And it's the cheapest of the three.
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), Georgia Tech, 2021
BS IT Security, Western Governors University, 2018
BA Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, 2016
AA Sociology, Chaffey College, 2015
Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

Pending, Thomas Edison State University, 2023:
(Coursework complete, pending conferral March 2023)

BA Computer Science
AS Business Administration
Certificate in Operations Management
Certificate in Computer Information Systems

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 3 users Like jsd's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, ss20ts, whiverem
Sophia is 100% open book. Some StraighterLine exams are open book (but you sometimes have to fight with the proctors about this). No Study.com exams are open book.

That said, between SDC and SL, SDC is probably easier for MOST courses due to the way the points are allocated.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • whiverem
(08-11-2022, 11:32 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Sophia is 100% open book. Some StraighterLine exams are open book (but you sometimes have to fight with the proctors about this). No Study.com exams are open book.

That said, between SDC and SL, SDC is probably easier for MOST courses due to the way the points are allocated.

Umm how do I find out which SL courses are open book?

(08-11-2022, 11:31 AM)jsd Wrote: Easiest is always relative, but Sophia has open book/note exams and is unproctored. And it's the cheapest of the three.

Sophia seems like the easiest for me too. Thanks so much for this information.
There is a list of which courses are open book and not here: https://www.straighterline.com/how-it-wo...g-details/ As already stated, sometimes the proctors aren't made aware that the exam is open book, so you have to be ready to argue.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • whiverem
(08-11-2022, 12:48 PM)rachel83az Wrote: There is a list of which courses are open book and not here: https://www.straighterline.com/how-it-wo...g-details/ As already stated, sometimes the proctors aren't made aware that the exam is open book, so you have to be ready to argue.

Okay, thank ya. I'm glad you told me this.
For me, it's Sophia > Study.com > StraighterLine. There are a few things you should do, 1) Decide on the degree so you know the requirements, you just mentioned WGU IT and they have several. 2) Create a spreadsheet of the requirements and view National partners.wgu.edu, from there, select Sophia.org, Study.com, StraighterLine, and anything else you are interested in, then input as many courses that go towards that degree 3) On my signature, there is a "plans" link, select the IT plan template and compare with yours 4) Upload your "homework" and we'll see if something is missing.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco, CompTIA, MTA | Coursera & Udacity
(08-11-2022, 12:48 PM)rachel83az Wrote: There is a list of which courses are open book and not here: https://www.straighterline.com/how-it-wo...g-details/ As already stated, sometimes the proctors aren't made aware that the exam is open book, so you have to be ready to argue.

Thanks for sharing that link, that's really useful.

(08-11-2022, 03:03 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For me, it's Sophia > Study.com > StraighterLine.  There are a few things you should do, 1) Decide on the degree so you know the requirements, you just mentioned WGU IT and they have several.  2) Create a spreadsheet of the requirements and view National partners.wgu.edu, from there, select Sophia.org, Study.com, StraighterLine, and anything else you are interested in, then input as many courses that go towards that degree  3) On my signature, there is a "plans" link, select the IT plan template and compare with yours  4) Upload your "homework" and we'll see if something is missing.

For the IT major If I'm going to take as many classes as I can through Sophia, Study.com, StraighterLine, etc. which classes should I take at WGU?

What are the easiest classes to take at WGU to finish up the degree if you're going to try to do the absolute maximum number of classes through Sophia, Study.com, StraighterLine, etc. mentioned here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/WG...egree_Plan

I wanna make this degree the absolute easiest possible. Thank you Shy
(08-12-2022, 09:44 AM)whiverem Wrote: For the IT major If I'm going to take as many classes as I can through Sophia, Study.com, StraighterLine, etc. which classes should I take at WGU?

What are the easiest classes to take at WGU to finish up the degree if you're going to try to do the absolute maximum number of classes through Sophia, Study.com, StraighterLine, etc. mentioned here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/WG...egree_Plan

This question was essentially asked already here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Sophia-etc
If there is anything you're unclear about, you should ask in that thread, to keep the threads separate.

As for the question posed in this thread, most grading is currently much faster at Study.com than at Sophia, and Study.com grading tends to be more consistent and more relaxed anyway, so if the Sophia course includes touchstones, then it's probably better to take at Study.com.
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  With the IT major which classes should I do where (Sophia, etc.)? whiverem 4 725 08-13-2022, 05:07 AM
Last Post: whiverem
  WGU - faster to just do it all there - or - Sophia/Study.com???? esh 19 1,620 08-02-2022, 07:22 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Sophia.org python transfer to wgu (cloud computing) Clepking100 6 941 07-19-2022, 03:19 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  WGU BS Business Administration Management - Transferrable Classes NOT on Study mohelena02 12 1,053 01-28-2022, 07:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Information List of Courses That Transfer from Sophia.org to WGU BitWiseGuy 20 10,955 11-26-2021, 10:55 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Sophia's Visual Communcation and Introduction to Information Technology WGU Transfer? OP88 2 793 06-29-2021, 03:39 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org Transfer Credits? diamonds 10 2,021 11-29-2020, 01:58 PM
Last Post: dbinghamjr
  Sophia to WGU ss20ts 10 3,131 11-05-2020, 04:03 AM
Last Post: dbinghamjr
  Sophia Environmental Science to WGU eminor7 18 3,063 09-23-2020, 12:18 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  WGU Mathematics and Study.com teacher2 4 1,368 03-18-2017, 04:29 PM
Last Post: teacher2