Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big 3 Timeline (EC, TESU, COSC)
Now you got me looking for my "degree plan" from TESU in 2012. Now at this point, I had no college credits and somehow thought I could easily earn my degree by taking all cleps/dssts and no studying (think bain4weeks.) Also, keep mind, other alt. methods didn't exist and also more cleps came in as UL so this was possible.  What I failed to realize is that cleps aren't easy, especially if you no nothing about the subject. Like for instance I know nothing about accounting so I can't go in and just take the accounting clep cold. Also my plan wasn't even accurate because I didn't have this fourm, I just guessed where things might fit. I didn't end up taking my first clep until 2015.  It's 2019 and still no degree, too bad I didn't at least apply and I could have been on a 2012 catalog.

Side note: I just realized why a few weeks ago I posted a thread confused about how the residency wavier works and asking if you had to pay it every year. That's because TESU used to have a fee you had to pay every year before the residency wavier.

I'm looking through my computer to see if I can find it. Although, I did find a printed list of all the TECE's  from 2015(?) idk when but there were a lot more TECEPS offered including the business capstone as a TECEP.

EDIT: I found the old requirements for a BA in communication. It is from 2015, the requirements for the AOS were easier not take not courses at TESU as the major was just interpersonal communication and mass communication and the rest is communication electives. Lots of cheap CC's have courses in IPC and Mass Com, plus there was a UExcel for IPC, plus there were more com related TECEPS back then.

Also did TESU used to require more UL credit or have a different requirement for UL credit? Like it could be in anywhere not just the AOS to count as the requirement? Because that is what it appears to look like to me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • Life Long Learning
A HUGE change at TESU was their reclassification of 200 level credit. It wasn't considered lower level until after 2009 or 10.
(06-09-2019, 11:09 AM)natshar Wrote: Now you got me looking for my "degree plan" from TESU in 2012. Now at this point, I had no college credits and somehow thought I could easily earn my degree by taking all cleps/dssts and no studying (think bain4weeks.) Also, keep mind, other alt. methods didn't exist and also more cleps came in as UL so this was possible.  What I failed to realize is that cleps aren't easy, especially if you no nothing about the subject. Like for instance I know nothing about accounting so I can't go in and just take the accounting clep cold. Also my plan wasn't even accurate because I didn't have this fourm, I just guessed where things might fit. I didn't end up taking my first clep until 2015.  It's 2019 and still no degree, too bad I didn't at least apply and I could have been on a 2012 catalog.

Side note: I just realized why a few weeks ago I posted a thread confused about how the residency wavier works and asking if you had to pay it every year. That's because TESU used to have a fee you had to pay every year before the residency wavier.

I'm looking through my computer to see if I can find it. Although, I did find a printed list of all the TECE's  from 2015(?) idk when but there were a lot more TECEPS offered including the business capstone as a TECEP.

EDIT: I found the old requirements for a BA in communication. It is from 2015, the requirements for the AOS were easier not take not courses at TESU as the major was just interpersonal communication and mass communication and the rest is communication electives. Lots of cheap CC's have courses in IPC and Mass Com, plus there was a UExcel for IPC, plus there were more com related TECEPS back then.

Also did TESU used to require more UL credit or have a different requirement for UL credit? Like it could be in anywhere not just the AOS to count as the requirement? Because that is what it appears to look like to me.
I didn't discover TESU until 2010. The number of required UL credits was the same. It was 18 credits in the AOS.

TESU's psychology and criminal justice degrees used to be more flexible. There were fewer required courses, so you could mostly choose any psychology or CJ course you wanted.

(06-09-2019, 11:57 AM)cookderosa Wrote: A HUGE change at TESU was their reclassification of 200 level credit.  It wasn't considered lower level until after 2009 or 10.

By the time I enrolled in 2011, 200-level courses were LL. However, a CC course could be evaluated as 300 or 400-level. 

Straighterline used to have more science courses. They had physics and chemistry I and II with labs. I missed the gravy train from Mountain State University. They had every introductory science course you could need with labs, and they were a lot cheaper than UNE. Ohio University used to have a lot more credit-by-exam options. I'd rather have those RA options back instead of all the new ACE providers that make you take umpteen million high school-level quizzes for credits that aren't accepted at most colleges.

Before my time, Excelsior had all kinds of ECEs (Excelsior exams now known as Uexcels). I believe they had electronics and all kinds of cool stuff. This probably wasn't a good thing since the failure rates were so high, but medical assistants and EMT-Bs could be admitted to the nursing program. They also accepted certified midwives and respiratory therapists.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • Life Long Learning
(06-09-2019, 12:13 PM)sanantone Wrote: I didn't discover TESU until 2010. The number of required UL credits was the same. It was 18 credits in the AOS.

You are right. It was probably just my poor "planning" (if you could call it that). Back then I remember I spent only 10 minutes making a BAin4weeks all clep/dsst style plan with no research and just plan the UL exams in free gen ed electives thinking they would count as the required UL credit. I didn't know a thing....
(06-09-2019, 12:39 PM)natshar Wrote:
(06-09-2019, 12:13 PM)sanantone Wrote: I didn't discover TESU until 2010. The number of required UL credits was the same. It was 18 credits in the AOS.

You are right. It was probably just my poor "planning" (if you could call it that). Back then I remember I spent only 10 minutes making a BAin4weeks all clep/dsst style plan with no research and just plan the UL exams in free gen ed electives thinking they would count as the required UL credit. I didn't know a thing....

Keep in mind that back in the "BAin4weeks" days, CLEP/DSST exams were not only free for military, but you had unlimited takes (now your first shot is free, but you pay after that).  So military people would go in and just take them all and see what stuck.

Now though, there are SO many more options for credits, it's crazy!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Considering SNHU BSCS, TESU BSIT, or any other BS in tech over UMPI BLS MIS cvieira 24 926 03-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: cvieira
  TESU BA psychology - need help with degree plan amleigh 17 838 12-16-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses from the Big Three: COSC, TESU, & Excelsior jsh1138 25 39,155 10-22-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: jch
Big Grin Degree Plan for SNHU BSCS AND/OR TESU BACS Request suzycupcake 10 1,234 06-24-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  (Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree rachel83az 11 3,066 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Places to park electronics + computer PLA credits (BOG AAS + TESU AAS) xicovu 17 1,520 09-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: xicovu
  COSC - RA credits for general studies degree Antonella 5 928 09-20-2022, 04:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Workload at Excelsior & TESU clarissa23 4 1,083 06-15-2022, 11:48 AM
  TESU BACS v.s. SNHU BSCS npvn2 25 3,870 03-20-2022, 09:44 PM
Last Post: npvn2
  Colleges like TESU which allows enrolment of one year without obligation? FrHaseKopf 9 1,233 02-12-2022, 12:55 AM