Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Three Accreditations
Are these "big three" colleges accredited from the same sources as other universities? I've got big hopes of using my degree to get a job in either the government or military officer ranks, and they require strict accreditation from the schools they accept degrees from. Does anyone know?

Thanks!!

Jeremiah
(newbie)
Yes, all three are regionally accredited, which is the highest you can get, NOT national accreditation. The big three are in the same region as Harvard,Yale, MIT, etc- same regional body. A degree from any of the 3 is just as valid- for ANY purpose.

I hope this helps. Greg
sergeantstokes Wrote:Are these "big three" colleges accredited from the same sources as other universities? I've got big hopes of using my degree to get a job in either the government or military officer ranks, and they require strict accreditation from the schools they accept degrees from. Does anyone know?

Thanks!!

Jeremiah
(newbie)
>>

Yes, and you can always look it up by visiting the us department of education website. They have a search feature that allows you to search for regionally accredited colleges.
I know it seems counter-intuitive, but nationally accredited is the lower accreditation- so you want REGIONAL.
Thanks, exactly what I needed to know, I appreciate the help.
sergeantstokes Wrote:Are these "big three" colleges accredited from the same sources as other universities? I've got big hopes of using my degree to get a job in either the government or military officer ranks, and they require strict accreditation from the schools they accept degrees from. Does anyone know?

Thanks!!

Jeremiah
(newbie)

For your purposes, I believe that either RA or NA will do fine.
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Be careful with National Accreditation for Commissioned officer slots, I know for a fact the Air Force will not take a NA degree for officer candidate. As for working in the federal gov, the NA or RA will suffice.
CCAF-AS Logistics Management
CCAF-AS Bio-Environmental Science
Cerro Coso Community College-AS Administration of Justice
Excelsior College-BS Criminal Justice-2008
TESC-BA Liberal Studies-2009
2 Different Bachelor Degrees completed in under 2 years!
For your purposes you want a regionally accredited school. I know it sounds backwards but nationally accredited schools tend to limit you because their credits don't transfer.

The big three are all regionally accredited.
B Smith

B.S. Business - Excelsior College
B.S. Elect. Engineering Technology - Excelsior College