Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Big Three" transcript question
What do your transcripts look like when you take an exam for credit through one of the big three?

My college (Peru) accepts 66 credits from 2-year colleges, and 95 credits (including the other 66) from 4-year colleges. CLEP/DSST count towards the 66 credit limit.

So if the exams for credit just appear as the subject name and grade I think I'd be able to transfer those to Peru under the additional 29 credit limit.
[SIZE="1"]CLEP: Sociology - 70, A&I Literature - 64, DSST: CJ - 455
BS Psychology - Peru State College - May 2011
AA - Riverland Community College - May 2009
Computer Network Admin Diploma - Hawkeye Community College
CompTIA A+ Certified[/SIZE]
It does say on the transcript where the credit originated.
[SIZE="6"]~~ Alissa~~[/SIZE]
[size="4"]"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." - - Henry Ford[/size]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="2"]DONE:
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior College May 2009
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Current website favorite:
http://www.careeronestop.org/
Well it may not work then if it says ECE or TECEP. I was hoping it would just say, "PSYX 325 Social Psychology"

It may work. I mean after all, it's credit from that college and they're an RA 4-year school.
You may want to ask your adviser to be sure, especially to see if they will take ECEs, but here's an example of how my transcript looks:

CLEP General Exams
Social Sciences and History (65).....................P

CLEP Subject Exams
U.S. History I (65)........................................P
U.S. History II (67).......................................P

DSST Exams
Physical Geology (54)....................................A

You get the idea. Other people have proposed this sort of thing before, but I haven't seen anyone yet come back and say that their credit laundering was successful. You should check with your school though and see what they say about ECEs and TECEPs. Good luck!
[SIZE="6"]~~ Alissa~~[/SIZE]
[size="4"]"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." - - Henry Ford[/size]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="2"]DONE:
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior College May 2009
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Current website favorite:
http://www.careeronestop.org/
duplicate post
dark_dan Wrote:What do your transcripts look like when you take an exam for credit through one of the big three?

My college (Peru) accepts 66 credits from 2-year colleges, and 95 credits (including the other 66) from 4-year colleges. CLEP/DSST count towards the 66 credit limit.

So if the exams for credit just appear as the subject name and grade I think I'd be able to transfer those to Peru under the additional 29 credit limit.
>>

the big three award CLEP credit, they are not the issuer of it- in other words, your not going to be able to launder it. The fact that TESC is RA 4 year college is irrelevant- your current college will require an official transcript from The College Board if you try and send them a TESC transcript with a CLEP credit on it.
No, I'm not trying to launder CLEP credits.

I mean taking ECE or TECEP credits and then transferring them to my school.
dark_dan Wrote:No, I'm not trying to launder CLEP credits.

I mean taking ECE or TECEP credits and then transferring them to my school.
>>

I don't know about ECE, but TECEP isn't a grade- it says "CR" for credit, and then the course title. I completed BIO210 Nutrition that way. You should just ask your college if they accept it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,391 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,085 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ACE Transcript to TESU zzzz24 10 3,377 08-31-2018, 07:22 PM
Last Post: zzzz24
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,041 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? Kelly Green 8 2,269 08-29-2018, 12:02 AM
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,619 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,717 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,052 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill