Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biology from Spohia to UMPI
nevermind, figured it out.

Sophia's bio transfers in at 103, and I need 105 for the degree.

Attached Files
.png   biotransfer.png (Size: 109.99 KB / Downloads: 20)
That's right, you need a Biology with Lab, so I would select Study.com Bio 101L... make sure to take another course in addition to "max out the 2/month".
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • varJosh
(09-23-2021, 11:16 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's right, you need a Biology with Lab, so I would select Study.com Bio 101L... make sure to take another course in addition to "max out the 2/month".

Would Straighterline's Bio w/ Lab meet the requirement?
Yes, you can but that would be much more expensive/time consuming as you'll have to buy the kit and have it shipped to you... By the time you finish your Study.com, you will have an extra course to "spend" on. I would take it from Study.com as there is a virtual lab for $50 at Labster. Take the easier way with this course...

Study.com = $50 for lab, $200 for 2 courses (Biology 101L for lower level and another lower level or upper level course).
StraighterLine = $99/$59/$49 + $81.61, shipping/handling, the lab kit fee plus the time it takes to arrive.
Link: https://esciencelabs.com/productdisplay/...ku=Kit1585
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • varJosh
(09-26-2021, 03:00 PM)varJosh Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 11:16 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's right, you need a Biology with Lab, so I would select Study.com Bio 101L... make sure to take another course in addition to "max out the 2/month".

Would Straighterline's Bio w/ Lab meet the requirement?

According to https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...uivalency/ yes. But SL's Biology requires a physical lab kit that must be shipped to your home. This lab kit is more expensive than SDC's virtual lab and it's also a.) not always in stock and b.) can take forever to ship out. 

SL: $49 for the course, $99 for a month SL subscription, at least $100 for the lab kit. That's $250 for just a single course.
SDC: $200 for the month. $50 for Labster virtual lab kit. That's $250 for one course, get another one during the same month for FREE.

If you do the SL course, you'll want to purchase the lab kit at least a couple of weeks before you purchase the course in order to be sure that you don't wind up paying for a 2nd subscription month while waiting for the kit to arrive.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • varJosh
Thanks guys
(09-26-2021, 08:37 PM)varJosh Wrote: Thanks guys

I thought doing SL, the lab only component, would be easier/faster than redoing the whole course with virtual lab at SDC so I purchased the kit from SL and tried to get started. It was a pain in the rear and I 500% do not recommend. I just finished the bio w/ lab through SDC in like 2 days and was done. I wasted $85 on the SL kit that ended up in the trash.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
There is a good chance that it would not have been accepted even if you'd made it through. For anyone else tempted to try SL anyway, I think it was mentioned somewhere that UMPI requires lab and class to be done at the same time. COSC doesn't have this restriction, but UMPI seems to be different.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-02-2021, 07:41 PM)Taymass Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 08:37 PM)varJosh Wrote: Thanks guys

I thought doing SL, the lab only component, would be easier/faster than redoing the whole course with virtual lab at SDC so I purchased the kit from SL and tried to get started. It was a pain in the rear and I 500% do not recommend. I just finished the bio w/ lab through SDC in like 2 days and was done. I wasted $85 on the SL kit that ended up in the trash.

You need the lab and class to be taken at the same time from the same place so this wouldn't have worked as transfer credit to UMPI.
I got permission from Jessica to do the SL lab only piece so maybe that’s new? Not sure but she told me I had the option of SL lab only or SDC. Regardless, 0/10 do not recommend that route.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,360 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 430 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 319 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 285 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 413 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 96 62,650 04-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 325 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 307 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Help with UMPI admissions requirement Throwmeaway1590 2 345 03-25-2024, 08:24 PM
  Sophia's Human biology and lab did not meet UMPi's BIO 105 HappyPeanut 9 1,025 03-22-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: lifted567