Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Brandman Mypath - New Programs
(11-29-2020, 11:47 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 11:12 AM)rachel83az Wrote: When I watch YouTube on my phone, I sometimes see ads for University of the People or for various foreign universities. I should watch while on an American IP and see what ads I get then.

You're not in Arizona?

Nope, I'm currently in Europe. If I were in Arizona still, I'd have been tempted to do WGU instead of TESU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-29-2020, 11:50 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 11:47 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 11:12 AM)rachel83az Wrote: When I watch YouTube on my phone, I sometimes see ads for University of the People or for various foreign universities. I should watch while on an American IP and see what ads I get then.

You're not in Arizona?

Nope, I'm currently in Europe. If I were in Arizona still, I'd have been tempted to do WGU instead of TESU.

Same situation here. 

It's a shame WGU only caters to US residents.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zardoz's post:
  • rachel83az
(12-20-2020, 04:38 PM)Zardoz Wrote: Same situation here. 

It's a shame WGU only caters to US residents.

It's a connectivity issue. They have had international students who could not meet the internet access requirements. There are a few programs open to Canadians.
(12-20-2020, 04:45 PM)ss20ts Wrote: It's a connectivity issue. They have had international students who could not meet the internet access requirements. There are a few programs open to Canadians.

If it's that, they should have some sort of internet connectivity requirements. Not "you must be in this geographic area" because there are a LOT of places in the US still that have very poor internet connections. Being in the US means absolutely nothing.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Agree. Lol. Its very laughable excuse. What system do they have that cant accommodate for people outside USA? Lol.
Thousands of online international student are enrolled in other USA Universities and they r managing with connectivity all over the world. And as said, many places outside USA have better internet connection than inside...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cofffeee's post:
  • rachel83az
LOL, For WGU, it's not really a connectivity issue that they have, it's an accreditation issue they were facing. And at the time, the USDOE was putting pressure on them because of their CBE model. They need to provide results/reports to indicate successful completion of programs to authorities (yes, the regional accreditation agencies). It is the "students" participation (or lack of) and graduation rates that play into this, basically, it was lackluster! So, in short, you have to put the "blame" on a few bad apples that caused this for international students. I mean, they "removed" the option for Business programs to Canadians because of accreditation issues (think RA & ACBSP requirements).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az
(12-20-2020, 04:50 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 04:45 PM)ss20ts Wrote: It's a connectivity issue. They have had international students who could not meet the internet access requirements. There are a few programs open to Canadians.

If it's that, they should have some sort of internet connectivity requirements. Not "you must be in this geographic area" because there are a LOT of places in the US still that have very poor internet connections. Being in the US means absolutely nothing.

They claim that it's from past issues with internet connectivity. Every country has different government regulations so that may be part of it. Might also depend on where the proctors are located. Many online programs are only open to students in that nation so it's pretty common.
Well i am sure they will not tell us that problem is in them or their programs. Its easier to blame the internet. Lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cofffeee's post:
  • rachel83az
Where is the study plan with alternative credits for Brandman University, I see it has a CBE program path but we need a study plan to start with.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(12-22-2020, 07:57 PM)gams007 Wrote: Where is the study plan with alternative credits for Brandman University, I see it has a CBE program path but we need a study plan to start with.

I don't understand what you're asking for.  Are you wanting a degree plan for Brandman?  And for which degree?  If you want a degree plan, you're much better off starting a new thread and asking some questions there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PUG has removed some master's degree programs from ExcelTrack RbxFunRocks 28 1,297 03-09-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: PositiveBelgae
  What are UMass Global MyPath classes like? pluggingalong 14 3,473 12-01-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Free or inexpensive HR Certificate programs learningthehardway 7 1,248 06-02-2022, 05:37 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ECPI programs & videos... bjcheung77 0 562 05-01-2022, 12:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Brandman University leaves Chapman University system and becomes UMass Global Holmes 12 4,908 09-03-2021, 12:17 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Big 3 Costs Comparison: Added Brandman & WGU bjcheung77 4 2,231 11-04-2020, 07:21 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Costs for Competency-Based Bachelor's Programs as of 7/25/2020 dfrecore 36 12,878 10-06-2020, 08:34 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSIT Brandman University gams007 4 2,132 07-23-2020, 07:19 PM
Last Post: utility