Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bridging Credits Question
Question 
Is there a regionally accredited 4-year college that will allow a person to have alternative credit sources, transfer them in, and also transfer to a state university?
A state university near to me only allows 90 transfer credits and they have to be from a regionally accredited 4-year college.
(11-28-2019, 04:38 AM)iwantmydegreeplz Wrote: Is there a regionally accredited 4-year college that will allow a person to have alternative credit sources, transfer them in, and also transfer to a state university?
A state university near to me only allows 90 transfer credits and they have to be from a regionally accredited 4-year college.
Both these schools meet your criteria.
Thomas Edison State University - 4 year college, regionally accredited, State University. Its known as TESU. The college, TESU accepts 114 alternative credit sources.
Charter Oak State College - 4 year college, regionally accredited, State University. Its known as COSC. The college, COSC accepts 114 alternative credit sources.
Do you have a list of how many credits per provider? Example: SL 30 SDC 60 OD 12? There are additional limitations.
(11-28-2019, 04:38 AM)iwantmydegreeplz Wrote: Is there a regionally accredited 4-year college that will allow a person to have alternative credit sources, transfer them in, and also transfer to a state university?

No, that's called credit laundering. Whenever you apply to any college, all credits are evaluated from their original source- so for instance, you apply to College A. College A accepts CLEP credits, and they add them to your transcript. If you then decide to apply to College B, your CLEP credits do not flow forward onto your College B transcript. All credits are always evaluated at every transfer.

There are only 4 companies (that I am aware of) that are alternative credits that can appear on a transcript as original credit, but that wasn't your question, your question. As suggested already, if you want more alternative credit to make up your degree, your best bet is using a college that allows that. (Thomas Edison State University, Charter Oak State College, Excelsior College all fit that requirement)
(11-28-2019, 07:39 AM)cookderosa Wrote: There are only 4 companies (that I am aware of) that are alternative credits that can appear on a transcript as original credit

I can only think of 2 what am I missing
Regarding your local University. Do they accept CLEP or DSST? Are they in the ACE database? The NCCRS database?

(11-28-2019, 11:09 AM)graduatesoon Wrote:
(11-28-2019, 07:39 AM)cookderosa Wrote: There are only 4 companies (that I am aware of) that are alternative credits that can appear on a transcript as original credit

I can only think of 2 what am I missing
What are the four companies? I agree I can only think of two.
Off the top of my head, I can think of:

Outlier (via University of Pittsburgh)
Westcott (via Brandman)

And I know cookderosa usually considers ASU's earned admission program in this category, though I'm not sure I agree. Not sure what the fourth is.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(11-28-2019, 02:26 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Off the top of my head, I can think of:

Westcott (via Brandman)

And I know cookderosa usually considers ASU's earned admission program in this category, though I'm not sure I agree. Not sure what the fourth is.

CCC, FCC

Westcott (via Brandman)

For sure ASU would be b/c it generates "original" ASU credit, thus laundered from edX to ASU.

1. TEL = Colorado Christian University (confirmed by me)
2. Outlier.org = University of Pittsburg (confirmed but not by me)
3. edX= Arizona State University (confirmed by me via mysonx3)
4. Lumerit/ Get Unbound = Waldorf (confirmed but they were just sold, so I'm not sure this is still a viable option)

*need to confirm*
5 (?) Westcott/Omega Math =Brandman
6. (?) Veritas Press --> Cairn University
7. (?) Classical Conversations -->Southeastern University / College at Southeastern
(11-28-2019, 07:35 PM)cookderosa Wrote:

Westcott (via Brandman)

For sure ASU would be b/c it generates "original" ASU credit, thus laundered from edX to ASU.

1. TEL = Colorado Christian University (confirmed by me)
2. Outlier.org = University of Pittsburg (confirmed but not by me)
3. edX= Arizona State University (confirmed by me via mysonx3)
4. Lumerit/ Get Unbound = Waldorf (confirmed but they were just sold, so I'm not sure this is still a viable option)

*need to confirm*
5 (?) Westcott/Omega Math =Brandman
6. (?) Veritas Press --> Cairn University
7. (?) Classical Conversations -->Southeastern University / College at Southeastern
I just don't think ASU earned admission counts because it isn't getting "laundered" from edX - it's an actual ASU class, which you sign up for on ASU's website, with ASU professors. With the others you list, the course content isn't provided by the school that grants the credit. The role of edX in these courses is much more akin to the role of Moodle in a TESU course than any of the other options you list.

I guess what I'm saying is that the course doesn't start as edX and then become ASU credit - it's ASU through and through.

But it's not important - merely semantics.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • cookderosa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 587 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,199 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 474 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 3,033 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,789 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
Information 3 credits in quantitative reasoning for $39 (ACE) MNomadic 92 18,543 10-30-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  What if my Degree contains too many Transfered Credits from Sophia etc.? ecdw94 19 2,770 10-17-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 21 1,652 09-26-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77