Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CFP and bachelors degree
Hello,

I found this site through searching on google about my situation.  I was a student at a couple of different well known, albeit mid tier state universities on the west coast between 2001-2005.  I was one of those that kept changing majors— engineering, business, criminal justice and liberal arts.  During that time I was also in the military— reserves, and was pulled in and out of school for deployments and ended up going to war.

After the service, I was fortunate enough to get a career as financial advisor for a major firm.  I’ve been at that same firm for over a decade now, but never did get around to finishing the degree.  However, I did manage to complete series 6,7,63 and 65 registrations, life and health licenses, a CLTC designation, and a ChFC designation split between courses at the American college and Kaplan (Purdue online?). All in, I have a bit over 120 college credits from my state university from 2001-2005 with all the 101’s completed and various classes from lots of different majors lol.
At this point in my career I’d like to finish the bachelors so that I can sit for the CFP.  I honestly don’t have any preference for what bachelors I receive as it’s just so that I can finally have one and sit for the CFP.  

I’ve read here a lot of great advice for people in similar situations and it seems I might be closer than I think to finishing in something, perhaps even finance degree or similar at TESU or otherwise?  Any advice on how to proceed from the gurus here is much appreciated!!

Summary:
Finished 120 credits at university, just not enough in one degree to achieve bachelors.  

6 years of military including combat deployments

Over 10 years as financial advisor 

Completed ChFC:
8 courses through American College and Kaplan on finance

Completed CLTC: 
one course on long term care planning 

FINRA registrations:
Series 6, 7, 63, 65

Presently have a family and practice to run but able to commit reasonable amount of time after hours to finish.
Please follow the template here and list out your credits and the other relevant information:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
W0lf Wrote:I’ve read here a lot of great advice for people in similar situations and it seems I might be closer than I think to finishing in something, perhaps even finance degree or similar at TESU or otherwise?  Any advice on how to proceed from the gurus here is much appreciated!!

Hah! That's exactly what I was going to recommend you do, the TESU BSBA Finance AOS. If you have other courses that can go into another AOS, you can switch to that. I would really apply to TESU and enroll before they switch catalog years in July, you don't really need to take any courses, just a TECEP to get enrolled. You can slowly take courses through ACE/NCCRS providers, while taking courses towards your final degree requirements, or preferably sooner, decide if you're paying the residency waiver fee or taking the 16 residency credits.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
TESU will accept any FINRA licenses and ChFC from American College in the Finance Degree plan. Be sure to include those in your transcripts. I just passed my CFP in March and am working on finishing my bachelors as quickly as possible so I can hang the CFP shingle! You can sit the exam without a degree and you are allowed 5 years to get your bachelors after passing the exam. I did it this way because I knew once I passed the exam I would be hell bent to finish the degree. One more hot tip. Use Brett Danko for CFP exam prep ... he is exceptional.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  134 Credits But No Degree! Please Help Me Make Something Useful Out All These Credits CreativeLearner 8 187 9 hours ago
Last Post: ss20ts
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 187 04-24-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 172 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,877 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 230 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,618 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 231 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 648 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,245 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 266 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az