Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP® Remote Proctoring Requirements
Hello! As this is my first time taking the CLEP exam, I am planning to switch the exam from the test center to the remote testing. However, when I reviewed the remote proctoring requirements, I was able to understand everything except the bullet point under the camera section: "Camera must be able to be moved to show the proctor a 360-degree view of the room, including your tabletop surface, before the test.". My computer's camera cannot view 360 degrees, so does that mean I need to purchase a 360-degree webcam? Or, does it mean that all I need to do is to rotate my computer 360 degrees to show my proctor the view of my room before the exam begins? 
Rotate your computer.

Honestly - I have a big giant 27" iMac (I know the proctoring doesn't allow the use of Mac computers) - how on earth would I rotate this giant thing? It weighs a ton!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-15-2021, 08:39 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Honestly - I have a big giant 27" iMac (I know the proctoring doesn't allow the use of Mac computers) - how on earth would I rotate this giant thing?  It weighs a ton!

Yeah, you would have to own an external camera with that kind of setup.

(05-15-2021, 08:13 PM)rainbowsome Wrote: Hello! As this is my first time taking the CLEP exam, I am planning to switch the exam from the test center to the remote testing. However, when I reviewed the remote proctoring requirements, I was able to understand everything except the bullet point under the camera section: "Camera must be able to be moved to show the proctor a 360-degree view of the room, including your tabletop surface, before the test.". My computer's camera cannot view 360 degrees, so does that mean I need to purchase a 360-degree webcam? Or, does it mean that all I need to do is to rotate my computer 360 degrees to show my proctor the view of my room before the exam begins? 

I believe they mean you need an external type of webcam that you can pick up and rotate by hand the 360 degrees.

You can buy a cheap webcam off ebay to use for this.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Ideas is right.

I did a test at the start of the month and used my laptop. My internal webcam worked just fine, the proctor was more than happy to let me just turn the whole computer to show the room.

Having said that, make sure your internal camera is good quality. My laptop's internal cam was over their minimum specs, but had a tough time capturing my ID during test day. They'll have you submit your ID on any given test day before they connect you to the test.
I concur with the above.  I had an external webcam (I had to steal our media PC from the living room and set everything up special just to take the CLEP since they don't allow Macs even though their proctoring provider supports Macs)  but could easily have just moved a laptop around.  A 27" iMac? PRobably not... I would have gotten a cheap webcam ($25 or less).

(05-16-2021, 08:31 AM)Swoneus Wrote: Having said that, make sure your internal camera is good quality. My laptop's internal cam was over their minimum specs, but had a tough time capturing my ID during test day.

Lighting will matter a lot. Cameras over their specs should work with very good lighting.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CLEP Scores Change from 20 years to 10 natshar 7 236 9 hours ago
Last Post: MichaelGates
  CLEP transcript question NOX 3 116 04-17-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can CLEP, SDC, Sophia be considered Education Credit Expenses? bruh 1 127 04-13-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  CLEP Economics marinereef 3 271 04-05-2024, 01:46 PM
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 210 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 533 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 899 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 573 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 734 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 467 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill