Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP Foreign Languages
Lightbulb 
Does anyone know how CLEP French & Spanish would transfer to TESU? 
I'm assuming the only degree that would honor full points from both exams would be the BA in Foreign language or BALS? 
Under BALS would the two exams satisfy the "At least 2 or more different areas must be included within the entire concentration..." UL requirements?

Thanks!
(03-17-2018, 05:02 PM)Baloomuka Wrote: Does anyone know how CLEP French & Spanish would transfer to TESU? 
I'm assuming the only degree that would honor full points from both exams would be the BA in Foreign language or BALS? 
Under BALS would the two exams satisfy the "At least 2 or more different areas must be included within the entire concentration..." UL requirements?

Thanks!

TESU has a transfer equivalency chart for the CLEP exams: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/c...rogram.cfm
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • Baloomuka
For each language, they give you either 6 credits or 9 credits depending on your score. I'm not sure what score you need for the higher number. If you're more advanced in the language(s), have you read about the ACTFL credits? I believe you can get a lot that way.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • Baloomuka
(03-17-2018, 05:02 PM)Baloomuka Wrote: Does anyone know how CLEP French & Spanish would transfer to TESU? 

Thanks!

No way, you'll get gen ed credit! You can use them in any degree.
The CLEP is all LL credit. But I second Ideas, take the ACTFL, that's UL & LL, depending on your score. And it doesn't duplicate the CLEP, so you could use both.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Baloomuka
What the flip!

I didn't receive a single notification for these replies; you are all dreamboats, thank you for the assistance!
I will look into ACTFL a bit more as I'm fluent enough in both languages to rock some educational socks.

Unfortunately, this causes conflict towards my degree plan (BSBA), but who says I can't plan for two (BALS 1st, BSBA 2nd... ::plotting:Smile
If you're that fluent, maybe a BA in Foreign Language instead of a straight BALS? I have no idea if you could fully test out of that, however.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Baloomuka
(03-19-2018, 03:14 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you're that fluent, maybe a BA in Foreign Language instead of a straight BALS? I have no idea if you could fully test out of that, however.

I looked into this as well, but that is precisely my worry. I'll do more research on this and post what I find out, though I feel as if it would be easier to plug in CLEP Foreign Languages + ACTFL in a BALS degree.

So far my understanding is that for a BA in Foreign Language (regardless of concentration) you are required to complete some UL courses under Major Writers AND/OR Masterpieces of Lit + non-elementary foreign language courses, which I haven't been able to find any exams to test out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Baloomuka's post:
  • rachel83az
A BA in Foreign Language is definitely not testoutable. BUT, the BALS will let you put a ton of those types of credits in there - I say it's a win-win.

Even if you end up with something other than a BALS, the credits will all count up in the Gen Ed area (Knowledge of Human Cultures, Gen Ed Electives).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
International Studies might be another possibility. It requires 6 credits in a foreign language in the AOS and having them be UL would give a leg up.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Ideas

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blacklisted foreign universities in Nigeria Imbanewbie 1 331 01-13-2024, 03:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 413 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  The most widely spoken languages in the world bjcheung77 10 637 12-08-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Best Foreign Credentials Evaluator Service mariobros1985 10 1,017 11-07-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Chankosumo
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 475 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
  Foreign Credential Evaluators bjcheung77 4 1,257 07-21-2023, 10:10 AM
  Hardest languages to learn - 25 ranked bjcheung77 1 763 11-14-2022, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Johann
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,804 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 831 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  1 More Year to Use Financial Aid for Foreign Online Programs sanantone 1 576 06-15-2022, 08:22 PM
Last Post: sanantone