Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modern States
Hello All,

I just discovered this forum and I think its great info! I started learning through Modern States and took the CLEP for Intro to Business Law. I did the online course in about 5 hours on a Sunday and took their practice test and went to the test center on Wednesday and took the CLEP test. Modern States even covered the CLEP fee and they reimbursed me the testing center fee. Is anyone else doing this?
[-] The following 1 user Likes shelsingh's post:
  • alab21
Yep! I did quite a number of credits through Modern States (and even more via CLEP before I learned about Modern States).

For some people, having it all riding on one test isn't worth it. But for those of us who can stomach it, I would argue it's the #1 best resource in higher education right now.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 3 users Like mysonx3's post:
  • alab21, Clepper43, shelsingh
Did you end up passing the test? I'm curious because I'm planning ok taking businessaw in a few weeks.
(10-08-2019, 10:17 PM)Hey natshar Wrote: Did you end up passing the test? I'm curious because I'm planning ok taking businessaw in a few weeks.
yes I did pass. If you want to discuss you can call me at [phone number removed–use private message to exchange contact info]
  • Clepper43
Modern States is a fantastic resource. I highly recommend them. I used their materials and vouchers to take (and pass) three CLEP tests (Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, Humanities, and Social Sciences and History). Use the heck out of it!
Doctor of Medicine candidate (MD) - anticipated complete '24
(10-09-2019, 10:18 PM)MSK9 Wrote: Modern States is a fantastic resource. I highly recommend them. I used their materials and vouchers to take (and pass) three CLEP tests (Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, Humanities, and Social Sciences and History). Use the heck out of it!

Im going Information Systems now. This is easy with Modern States.
  • MSK9
They are great and some CLEPs are worth 6 credits.

(10-10-2019, 10:39 AM)Ideas Wrote: They are great and some CLEPs are worth 6 credits.

Some are worth 9 (Foreign language)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Clepper43

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 535 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  Modern States voucher not working FloridaCLEPMom 1 396 01-06-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Carnation
  What is Modern States? (AKA How to Take CLEP Tests for FREE) sgloer 1 2,360 12-10-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Dango375
  Modern States Issues GameSlinger 3 565 08-11-2023, 10:05 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a limit to Modern States? jeremyafischer 7 1,854 10-11-2020, 03:56 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Modern States English Comp Modular Excellente 3 1,446 11-01-2019, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Excellente