Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
COSC Business Degree planning - Step 1
I do not know the BSBA as well as the Individualized or Liberal Studies majors at COSC but I went ahead put your information into the spreadsheet that I use adjusted it for the BSBA requirements. I may have missed some of your credits or COSC may place them slightly different but this is what I came up with. 

I couldn't find courses that would cover these requirements:
  • Cornerstone
  • Oral Communication
  • Ethical Decision-Making
  • Natural Science Lab
  • Finance Management
  • Capstone
The cornerstone and capstone are taken at COSC and you already said that you are taking Business Ethics for the Ethical Decision-Making. I think you also mentioned a Science Lab. One thing to note is that the lab has to be a lab for one of your natural science credits. So, in this case, it would need to be a Biology Lab or Environmental Science Lab. I got my Oral Communication credit from the Intro to Communication class from StraighterLine. I did not think it was too bad. I am not sure where to find a Finance Management class. 

I assumed the Liberal Arts and Upper-Level status for all of the classes whether you have completed them or not so that we can see where you stand. As a BS degree, COSC requires you have 60 Liberal Arts credits. My estimate has you at around 71 at the end so you are good there I think. If they evaluate the classes like mine were, my estimate has you with 29 Upper-Level credits like before, but we will see when the evaluation comes in, in a few days. Luckily COSC is pretty fast once the transcripts arrive. Personally, it has never taken more than 5 days for my transferred classes to get on my evaluation after the transcript arrived. Lastly, it looks like you will easily be above the 120 credit minimum. I am excited to see your evaluation results.

Attached Files
.xlsx   COSC Spreadsheet BSBA.xlsx (Size: 21.55 KB / Downloads: 50)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ztkerls's post:
  • suzycupcake
(02-24-2019, 09:35 AM)ztkerls Wrote: I do not know the BSBA as well as the Individualized or Liberal Studies majors at COSC but I went ahead put your information into the spreadsheet that I use adjusted it for the BSBA requirements. I may have missed some of your credits or COSC may place them slightly different but this is what I came up with. 

• Cornerstone
  • Oral Communication
  • Natural Science Lab
  • Finance Management
  • Capstone
The cornerstone and capstone are taken at COSC and you already said that you are taking Business Ethics for the Ethical Decision-Making. I think you also mentioned a Science Lab. One thing to note is that the lab has to be a lab for one of your natural science credits. So, in this case, it would need to be a Biology Lab or Environmental Science Lab. I got my Oral Communication credit from the Intro to Communication class from StraighterLine. I did not think it was too bad. I am not sure where to find a Finance Management class. 

I assumed the Liberal Arts and Upper-Level status for all of the classes whether you have completed them or not so that we can see where you stand. As a BS degree, COSC requires you have 60 Liberal Arts credits. My estimate has you at around 71 at the end so you are good there I think. If they evaluate the classes like mine were, my estimate has you with 29 Upper-Level credits like before, but we will see when the evaluation comes in, in a few days. Luckily COSC is pretty fast once the transcripts arrive. Personally, it has never taken more than 5 days for my transferred classes to get on my evaluation after the transcript arrived. Lastly, it looks like you will easily be above the 120 credit minimum. I am excited to see your evaluation results.

Thank you soooo much! Super helpful! 

It's been a week and I'm still waiting on COSC to 'receive' one of my transcripts. I left a voicemail for the gal that called to ask about it, and I told her to disregard it. That was nearly a week ago. I'll post an eval once I get it. It's looking like I'm going with TESU tho-- the dean reached out to me and put me into the capstone course that was closed/full.  Wink
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like scout2family's post:
  • Tedium, ztkerls
(03-04-2019, 09:25 PM)scout2family Wrote:
(02-24-2019, 09:35 AM)ztkerls Wrote: I do not know the BSBA as well as the Individualized or Liberal Studies majors at COSC but I went ahead put your information into the spreadsheet that I use adjusted it for the BSBA requirements. I may have missed some of your credits or COSC may place them slightly different but this is what I came up with. 

• Cornerstone
  • Oral Communication
  • Natural Science Lab
  • Finance Management
  • Capstone

Thank you soooo much! Super helpful! 

It's been a week and I'm still waiting on COSC to 'receive' one of my transcripts. I left a voicemail for the gal that called to ask about it, and I told her to disregard it. That was nearly a week ago. I'll post an eval once I get it. It's looking like I'm going with TESU tho-- the dean reached out to me and put me into the capstone course that was closed/full.  Wink

My son took a science lab in Biology, but never took the course.At first, COSC rejected it.But recently, they changed the evaluation and accepted the Biology lab.In this case, COSC accepted the lab,even though my son never took the course.
[-] The following 2 users Like nosey561's post:
  • hsfamfun, ztkerls
Was wondering if one of you guys could help me with where I might stand with a business degree at COSC also. I tried to take the plans that were made here and put my information in but only managed to confuse myself. My mind isn't exactly what it used to be. Not that I think anyone remembers me but I have been away for a little while. I was going to go to JFKU back late last year but due to some medical issues, I had to stop before I even got started. I am a little slower now, both physically and mentally, but I still need this and can do it.

anyway. here is what I have. I think I am fairly close to COSC requirements.
Ashford University
ENG 125 INTRODUCTION TO LITERATURE
COM 112 UTILIZING INFORMATION IN COLLEGE WRITING

Western International University
COM 110 EFFECTIVE PERSUASIVE WRITING
CRT 201 CRITICAL THINKING
IT 101 SKILLS FOR LEARNING IN AN INFORMATION AGE

Straighterline
Business Ethics
Accounting 2
Business Law
Accounting 1

The Institutes
Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct

TEEX
Information Risk Management (recent)
Cyber Ethics (recent)
Cyber Security for Business Professionals (Early 2018)
Cyber Security for Everyone (Early 2018)
Cyber Security for IT Professionals (Early 2018)

Sophia
Developing Effective Teams
Foundations of College Algebra
Student Success
Foundations of Statistics
The Essentials of Managing Conflict

ALEKS
College Algebra

Shmoop
Introduction to Physics
Pre-Algebra I
Pre-Algebra II
Introduction to Biology
Introduction to Art History
Introduction to Film Studies
History of Technology
Business Communication
Principles of Management
Principles of Finance
Human Sexuality
Economics 101
The Bible as Literature
media literacy
Professional Writing
Introduction to Marketing

Study.com
Finance 102: Personal Finance
Library Science 101: Information Literacy
Political Science 102: American Government
Business 104: Information Systems and Computer Applications
Religion 101: Intro to World Religions
History 108: History of the Vietnam War

I'm sorry to ask for this but I appreciate any help someone could give. Suggestions for the remaining classes would be a great help too. I would prefer to do as much as I can at straighterline, shmoop, and study.com as I can.
(03-08-2019, 09:28 AM)xjarhead1999 Wrote: Was wondering if one of you guys could help me with where I might stand with a business degree at COSC also. I tried to take the plans that were made here and put my information in but only managed to confuse myself. My mind isn't exactly what it used to be. Not that I think anyone remembers me but I have been away for a little while. I was going to go to JFKU back late last year but due to some medical issues, I had to stop before I even got started. I am a little slower now, both physically and mentally, but I still need this and can do it.

anyway. here is what I have. I think I am fairly close to COSC requirements.
Ashford University
ENG 125 INTRODUCTION TO LITERATURE

Western International University
COM 110 EFFECTIVE PERSUASIVE WRITING
CRT 201 CRITICAL THINKING
IT 101 SKILLS FOR LEARNING IN AN INFORMATION AGE

Straighterline
Business Ethics
Accounting 2
Business Law
Accounting 1

The Institutes
Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct

TEEX
Information Risk Management (recent)
Cyber Ethics (recent)
Cyber Security for Business Professionals (Early 2018)
Cyber Security for Everyone (Early 2018)
Cyber Security for IT Professionals (Early 2018)

Sophia
Developing Effective Teams
Foundations of College Algebra
Student Success
Foundations of Statistics
The Essentials of Managing Conflict

ALEKS
College Algebra

Shmoop
Introduction to Physics
Pre-Algebra I
Pre-Algebra II
Introduction to Biology
Introduction to Art History
Introduction to Film Studies
History of Technology
Business Communication
Principles of Management
Principles of Finance
Human Sexuality
Economics 101
The Bible as Literature
media literacy
Professional Writing
Introduction to Marketing

Study.com
Finance 102: Personal Finance
Library Science 101: Information Literacy
Political Science 102: American Government
Business 104: Information Systems and Computer Applications
Religion 101: Intro to World Religions
History 108: History of the Vietnam War

I'm sorry to ask for this but I appreciate any help someone could give. Suggestions for the remaining classes would be a great help too. I would prefer to do as much as I can at straighterline, shmoop, and study.com as I can.

Please be aware that I am out of date and out of practice on this, but this is what I think that you need. I'd be happy to try to answer any questions that you have. You have a fantastic start, and you can do this!

General Education Needed:
English Comp 1
Public Speaking
Science Lab – 1 hour
Science course (You will need another science because Intro to Physics is just a 2 hour course.)

Business needed:
Managerial Accounting
Organizational Behavior
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
Business Statistics
Three Upper Level Business Courses

Courses To Be Taken at COSC:
Cornerstone
Business Capstone

Be sure you have a total of 30 upper level credits (COSC business capstone included).
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 0 12 45 minutes ago
Last Post: nhmimi
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 29 366 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 130 10 hours ago
Last Post: curious
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 7 269 Yesterday, 12:01 AM
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,471 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,849 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 174 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 949 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM
  IT Degree Options Advice theredwallflower 4 560 03-23-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: theredwallflower
  Metropolia for quick bachelor's degree to get in a master's program klicer 5 285 03-21-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: klicer