Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC Global Understanding
My wife just got her evaluation done for a BS in Health Studies. It looks like she needs Global Understanding. She did take World Literature I & II, could that count?

They say she only has 23 UL courses yet I count 29 from traditional but in seat institution. Her Canadian English credits were not accepted as English Comp 1&2 and a CLEP was recommended. Any feedback on those credits or should she just clep English?
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
Also, are Associate degrees transferrable to COSC as a block transfer to satisfy Gen Ed?
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
Any feedback would be great.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
I know next-to-nothing of COSC, nothing about Canadian credits, nothing on whether World Lit will satisfy Global Understanding. Sorry.

Here is the info on what she needs, scroll down to Global Understanding: General Education Requirements - Charter Oak State College Catalog
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
videogamesrock Wrote:My wife just got her evaluation done for a BS in Health Studies. It looks like she needs Global Understanding. She did take World Literature I & II, could that count?

They say she only has 23 UL courses yet I count 29 from traditional but in seat institution. Her Canadian English credits were not accepted as English Comp 1&2 and a CLEP was recommended. Any feedback on those credits or should she just clep English?

Weird, Canadian English I would think would be nearly identical to American English! But then again, i'm not an English Professor.
Her easiest and cheapest way of getting those 6 credits would be to take the CLEP English Composition (Not the Modular one).
This should yield 6 credits. If i'm reading correctly, I think you typed 23 UL courses, do you mean 23 UL credits?
If she is planning to take the BS in Health Studies from COSC. They might have the same courses sorted by type as TESU, etc does.

World Literature I&II may not count as it is more of an Information Literacy course. She requires a Diversity Intercultural Literacy course.
See COSC: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...ements.cfm
If you want to see TESU, it's the same thing: Thomas Edison State University | General Education - 2016 or After

videogamesrock Wrote:Also, are Associate degrees transferrable to COSC as a block transfer to satisfy Gen Ed?

Yes and No, it depends if they have articulation agreements and if they take those courses from her school directly or through evaluations.
If they have articulation agreements, there are "set amount" of course transfers and if you take other approved courses, it may all transfer.
If they don't have articulation agreements, you're subject to what they evaluate internally or through another agency who does the evaluations.
Just wondering, did she get her Canadian Credentials evaluated by any of the listed agencies before transferring them in, like WES, etc?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks for the feedback. We just appealed her credit evaluation from IERF. IERF evaluated as US equivalent English Comp 1&2. If COSC won't accept it she will CLEP it. Ill check SL to see if they have anything that'll satisfy a Global Understanding.

Yes I meant 23 UL credits.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
videogamesrock Wrote:Ill check SL to see if they have anything that'll satisfy a Global Understanding.

SL has Cultural Anthropology & Intro to Religion that will work. Saylor has Comparative Politics.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:SL has Cultural Anthropology & Intro to Religion that will work. Saylor has Comparative Politics.
Great thanks
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
This list of exams: http://www.charteroak.edu/exams/exams-master-list.pdf will show you which exams will qualify for global understanding. The Soviet Union DSST, World Conflicts UExcel, and World Population UExcel are all good choices because they will also qualify for upper level credit.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,671 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,303 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  COSC AA Help CGaboury 9 2,967 08-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Wait, TESU or COSC? I need to commit NOW. Help! kietro 7 2,376 08-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Last Post: kietro
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,794 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,795 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Replacing LL with UL duplicate course question (COSC) ReyMysterioso 6 1,975 07-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC transfer question Paramedic12 8 1,939 06-29-2018, 08:45 AM
  Degree Plan Help - COSC vs TESU regovista 22 4,373 06-27-2018, 05:42 PM
Last Post: davewill