Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC bachelors to WGU MBA
I’m wondering if anyone has done a bachelors at COSC and then applied to wgu for their MBA program? We’re you successful? Did wgu have an issues admitting you into their MBA program?
Pierpont AAS BOG - Graduated 5/7/21
UMPI BAS minor in management- Graduated 6/1/2021
WGU MSML- Starting 7/1/21
Um, yeah,... WGU is NOT competitive at all, they will take COSC bachelors degrees without issue as a requirement for entry to the Masters. But say for instance you get a BSLS with NO business courses as you decide on taking the easy route to get a majority of Liberal Studies courses, then I suggest you to think clearly what you want to do with your undergrad OR to supplement your undergrad.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-13-2020, 03:31 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Um, yeah,... WGU is NOT competitive at all, they will take COSC bachelors degrees without issue as a requirement for entry to the Masters.  But say for instance you get a BSLS with NO business courses as you decide on taking the easy route to get a majority of Liberal Studies courses, then I suggest you to think clearly what you want to do with your undergrad OR to supplement your undergrad.
Thank you! Honestly I have no real direction. I’m interested in so many things and the MBA would work perfect for me.
Pierpont AAS BOG - Graduated 5/7/21
UMPI BAS minor in management- Graduated 6/1/2021
WGU MSML- Starting 7/1/21
(12-13-2020, 03:31 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Um, yeah,... WGU is NOT competitive at all, they will take COSC bachelors degrees without issue as a requirement for entry to the Masters.

I feel the need to qualify that statement a bit. WGU is not a competitive entry university, but they do have entrance requirements for their degrees and they never waive them. They're sticklers about it.

Luckily, the MBA (and MSML) entrance requirements are pretty easy to meet. You just need a bachelor's degree and documentation that shows "at least three years of significant experience in business, industry, or at a nonprofit organization." Some of WGU's other degrees have more challenging entrance requirements.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU to launch new accelerated bachelors to masters degree MNomadic 17 5,220 06-13-2022, 04:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BCIA - Bachelors of Cybersecurity and Information Assurance supremodegato 3 1,384 01-13-2021, 11:12 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Anyone out there ever get their Bachelors from WGU in one semester? mdel210201 5 1,770 05-31-2018, 10:29 AM
Last Post: theonlyski
  WGU second bachelors? Kaskadian 1 3,503 01-29-2017, 10:27 AM
Last Post: jsd