Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSU Global SSA (Cost Accounting)
Hi,
I just started CSU Global's SSA on Cost Accounting. I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with this SSA in specific, or other SSA's from CSU in general. If so, I was unsure of what to expect regarding the exam material. How much of it was based on the outlines that CSU Global provides? Did the required textbook readings actually play a role in the exam material? Doe the links to random articles that CSU recommends actually show up on the exam? Finally, how hard is the exam Smile
Alternatively, if anyone has a better idea for classes that could help satisfy four prereq courses that I need for ESU's Masters of Accountancy, that'd be appreciated. I need cost accounting, intermediate accounting 1 &2 and income taxation.
Sorry if this format isn't correct, as its my first post!
(04-19-2020, 02:25 PM)a79 Wrote: Hi,
I just started CSU Global's SSA on Cost Accounting. I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with this SSA in specific, or other SSA's from CSU in general. If so, I was unsure of what to expect regarding the exam material. How much of it was based on the outlines that CSU Global provides? Did the required textbook readings actually play a role in the exam material? Doe the links to random articles that CSU recommends actually show up on the exam? Finally, how hard is the exam Smile
Alternatively, if anyone has a better idea for classes that could help satisfy four prereq courses that I need for ESU's Masters of Accountancy, that'd be appreciated. I need cost accounting, intermediate accounting 1 &2 and income taxation.
Sorry if this format isn't correct, as its my first post!

So, are you enrolled at CSU? We recently found out that you couldn't take the self-study courses if you weren't enrolled in an actual course. I wrote a big nasty email to them, so I wonder if anything has changed.

Not all states accept SSA from CSU for the board of accountancy or degree requirements, etc. You said that you were studying at 'ESU', but did you mean CSU? And if not, what is ESU?

Cost accounting and intermediate accounting I and II can be taken at Study.com, but your state might not recognize ACE credit, especially if your university doesn't show it as being accepted on a transcript.

Federal Income Taxation can be taken at TESU as a TECEP exam for $250. That will show as a traditional course on your transcript.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
Yeah, I recall needing to enroll at CSU before you can take the SSA exams towards their degrees.
Generally people take the exams for the college/university they're going to be attending and not used for transfer.
That's the main purpose for challenge exams, is to get credit for the course at the respective university.
I know Strayer University having challenge exams for $20/exam, but can only be used towards their own degrees.

LOL, I was reading this and thinking the same thing... It could be a few options for ESU...
1) https://www.esu.edu/business_management/...unting.cfm
2) https://online.emporia.edu/programs/macc.aspx
Just wondering, for these courses you need, do they have to be RA credits or can they be from ACE?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-20-2020, 03:29 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yeah, I recall needing to enroll at CSU before you can take the SSA exams towards their degrees.
Generally people take the exams for the college/university they're going to be attending and not used for transfer.
That's the main purpose for challenge exams, is to get credit for the course at the respective university.
I know Strayer University having challenge exams for $20/exam, but can only be used towards their own degrees.

LOL, I was reading this and thinking the same thing... It could be a few options for ESU...
1) https://www.esu.edu/business_management/...unting.cfm
2) https://online.emporia.edu/programs/macc.aspx
Just wondering, for these courses you need, do they have to be RA credits or can they be from ACE?

Hi,
Thanks for the replies. I am looking into ESU- Emporia State University. They allow a non-accounting major entrance into their Masters of Accounting, providing that you complete five accounting prereq's. I had to take a regular course at CSU Global in order to gain entrance to the SSA, but I figured it would financially worth it to take one course at full price and 3-4 SSA's for only $250. I am unsure if the credits ESU accepts are RA or ACE. I have been in touch with the program coordinator, though, and he confirmed that they would accept SSA credits.
I appreciate the heads up about Federal Income Taxation at TESU. I will look into that.
Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - BA Information Technology [Review & Advice] 9yeire 49 7,442 04-04-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  For purdue global whats discrete mathematics like? purduestudent 2 235 02-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 740 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  What are UMass Global MyPath classes like? pluggingalong 14 3,473 12-01-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  umass global b20 9 1,804 10-05-2023, 11:01 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Perdue Global BSIT SD/Web pluggingalong 1 388 09-07-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Purdue Global BS IT Software Development projects pluggingalong 13 1,336 09-07-2023, 06:36 AM
Last Post: pluggingalong
  Purdue University Global - BA IT Bunch of Changes LevelUP 15 1,401 07-16-2023, 02:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Purdue Global Masters in IT -- certification credit walruspanda 3 982 04-18-2023, 12:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does UMass Global accept Sophia and Study? nguyenquocbuu 4 1,804 10-30-2022, 07:42 AM
Last Post: nguyenquocbuu