Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling all Tesc students...
Is there anyone who is attending or planning to attend tesc for a Bachelors in Business? if so, what are you taking to satisfy your upper level requirements? I am still waiting for them to get back to me, but I would like to get a head start in the meantime. Any advice or direction you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance.Wink
Hi there!

I'm on the last leg of my TESC Business degree (BA). You should be aware TESC degrees have a core group of required courses for lower and upper level. I only discovered Instatcert a few months ago, so most of my credits are from Traditional and Non-traditonal schools like TESC. Download the college catalog from their website by clicking on Prospective Students and Publications and select "Program Planning Handbook". The Handbook will list the credits they accept and from which sources.

I can tell you right off the bat that their business degrees requires upperlevel credits in; Precalcus (I'm not a math whiz will take tradition course), Business Policy (TESC Exam), Managerial or Business Communications and Finance (I believe they accept Dantes) (this list may not be complete so check the Handbook).

Hope this helps. Good luck with your studies.
Smile
Hi there!

I'm on the last leg of my TESC Business degree (BA). You should be aware TESC degrees have a core group of required courses for lower and upper level. I only discovered Instatcert a few months ago, so most of my credits are from Traditional and Non-traditonal schools like TESC. Download the college catalog from their website by clicking on Prospective Students and Publications and select "Program Planning Handbook". The Handbook will list the credits they accept and from which sources.

I can tell you right off the bat that their business degrees requires upperlevel credits in; Precalcus (I'm not a math whiz will take tradition course), Business Policy (TESC Exam), Managerial or Business Communications and Finance (I believe they accept Dantes) (this list may not be complete so check the Handbook).

Hope this helps. Good luck with your studies.
Smile
Lynn I sent you a pm
Would someone happen to have a copy of the old Program Planning Handbook saved that they could email me? It's not available on the TESC website due to revisions.

Thanks!
Bachelor of Arts, 2008
87 Traditional Credits
27 Exam Credits
6 FEMA Credits

M.A., 2010  

*Now Homeschooling
You also have to take either Business in Society or an International Business course, Macroeconomics (considered lower level as I recall) and Microeconomics, and Statistics. You also have to take upper level courses in your area of concentration.
[SIZE="6"]Pattie[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]CLEP:
[SIZE="1"]English Comp 101 & 102 - Analysis & Interpretation of Literature 130 & 131 - Intro to Marketing[/SIZE]
TECEP:
[SIZE="1"]Marketing Comm - PR Thought & Practice - Intro to News Reporting - Sales Management - Operations Management - Marketing Research - Business in Society[/SIZE]
DSST:
[SIZE="1"]Intro to Computers[/SIZE]
FEMA:
[SIZE="1"]12 FREE Credits![/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
Associate of Science in Management, TESC - 9/17/04
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, TESC - 6/6/08

Smile
iwannapass,

I am pursuing a BSBA in Marketing at TESC, and the following is my plan.

General Education Requirements-48

English Composition with Essay-6 CLEP

Humanitites-12
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature-6 CLEP
MAN-373 Managerial Communications-3 CLASS
English Literature-3 CLEP

Social Sciences-12

Macroeconomics-3 CLEP
Microeconomics-3 CLEP
Introductory Psychology-3 CLEP
Introductory Sociology-3 CLEP

Natural Sciences and Mathematics-9
MAT-119 Quantitive Business Analysis-3 CLASS
Principles of Statistics-3 DSST
Biology-3 CLEP

General Education Electives-9

U.S. History I-3 CLEP
U.S. History II-3 CLEP
Biology-3 CLEP

Professional Business Requirements-54

Business Core-27
Introductory Business Law-3 CLEP
Information Systems and Computer Applications-3 CLEP
Financial Accounting-3 CLEP
ACC-102 Principles of Managerial Accounting-3 CLASS
Principles of Finance-3 DSST
Principles of Marketing-3 CLEP
MAN-372 International Management-3 CLASS
BUS-421 Business Policy-3 CLASS
Principles of Management-3 CLEP

Marketing-18

Marketing Research-3 TECEP
*Consumer Behavior*-3 UNKNOWN
MAR-306 Creating and Implementing an Electronic Enterprise-3 CLASS
MAR-335 New Product Development and Marketing-3 CLASS
MAR-441 Marketing with Electronic Media-3 CLASS
Advertising-3 TECEP

Business Electives-9

Introduction to Business-3 DSST
Management Information Systems-3 DSST
Principles of Supervision-3 DSST

Free Electives-18

College Math-6 CLEP
College Algebra-3 CLEP
English Literature-3 CLEP
State Disaster Management-1 FEMA
Developing and Managing Volunteers-1 FEMA
Emergency Planning-1 FEMA
Decision Making and Problem Solving-1 FEMA
Effective Communication-1 FEMA
Leadership and Influence-1 FEMA

TOTAL-120

90-CLEP, DSST, TECEP
30-CLASSES or FEMA

66-CLEP
15-DSST
6-TECEP

3-UNKNOWN

24-CLASSES
6-FEMA

Hope this helps. If you have any questions feel free to post or pm me.
[SIZE="2"]BSBA Marketing Thomas Edison State College-63/120[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]College Math-66, College Algebra-64, Analyzing & Interpreting Literature-67, U.S. History I-66, U.S. History II-61, Information Systems & Computer Applications-59, Biology-61, DSST Introduction to Business-61, Introductory Sociology-65, Introductory Psychology-52, Principles of Microeconomics-54, Principles of Macroeconomics-47, Principles of Marketing-68, Financial Accounting-47, Introductory Business Law-62, Principles of Management-70, DSST Principles of Supervision-64, DSST Organizational Behavior-68, English Literature-61[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,589 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Questions about ICCP exams - Calling all IT/MIS Students gus 31 8,888 05-15-2018, 09:21 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BOG Students verbatim21 3 1,366 04-23-2018, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Johmford
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,419 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,160 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Calling TESU Experts :) burbuja0512 2 1,057 01-31-2018, 07:36 AM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,956 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,293 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,744 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,700 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone