Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Analyzing and Interpreting Literature transfer in as Eng Comp II?
I'm looking at possibly taking the CLEP for Analyzing and Interpreting Literature. Would this or any other CLEP transfer in as Eng Comp II? Last of my general ed now. The grader I have at Sophia is terrible, and offering no real feedback so I'm considering just doing the CLEP or something else.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • Dorothy44
(10-13-2020, 12:00 AM)ashkir Wrote: I'm looking at possibly taking the CLEP for Analyzing and Interpreting Literature. Would this or any other CLEP transfer in as Eng Comp II? Last of my general ed now. The grader I have at Sophia is terrible, and offering no real feedback so I'm considering just doing the CLEP or something else.

The Sophia course for English was awful.  I so agree with you. Analyzing and Interpreting Lit. will not count for English at all.  You have to take the full English Composition CLEP to get it to count for English.  If you take the Modular it will only count for the first 3 credits, and you need the last 3. 

I had 2 sons take the English CLEP, and I had one daughter attempt the Sophia which she dropped.  She has most of her UL things done, and she is not by any means stupid, but that course bothered her.  She is now ready to take the English CLEP.  It is so much easier as there is little writing involved at all.  Be aware that the English CLEP takes a while to grade the writing part, but they will mail you your grade when they are done.  You probably could find out your grade a little quicker online if you log into your account.  That said, if you do not pass you cannot retake the CLEP exam for 3 months.  It was fairly easy though at least for my 3.
(10-13-2020, 01:40 AM)Dorothy44 Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 12:00 AM)ashkir Wrote: I'm looking at possibly taking the CLEP for Analyzing and Interpreting Literature. Would this or any other CLEP transfer in as Eng Comp II? Last of my general ed now. The grader I have at Sophia is terrible, and offering no real feedback so I'm considering just doing the CLEP or something else.

The Sophia course for English was awful.  I so agree with you. Analyzing and Interpreting Lit. will not count for English at all.  You have to take the full English Composition CLEP to get it to count for English.  If you take the Modular it will only count for the first 3 credits, and you need the last 3. 

I had 2 sons take the English CLEP, and I had one daughter attempt the Sophia which she dropped.  She has most of her UL things done, and she is not by any means stupid, but that course bothered her.  She is now ready to take the English CLEP.  It is so much easier as there is little writing involved at all.  Be aware that the English CLEP takes a while to grade the writing part, but they will mail you your grade when they are done.  You probably could find out your grade a little quicker online if you log into your account.  That said, if you do not pass you cannot retake the CLEP exam for 3 months.  It was fairly easy though at least for my 3.

Hey, thank you! I finished Sophia Eng Comp I. But, Comp II is terrible. The grader is inconsistent, they expect you to resubmit everything multiple times, and keeps marking things 50% barely a Sophia pass, but not enough to pass the class. Her feedback is useless, and their support is defending her.

I am in need of 3 more credits for English.
The English Comp II TECEP is supposedly pretty easy. I have not tried it myself, though I might opt for it depending on how the Sophia course turns out.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
If you can find a DSST testing center that is open, Principles of Advanced English Composition, comes in at TESU as ENC-102 English Composition II. currently through end of Jan 2021. (should be renewed after that, but can't predict that)
https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/dsst

or as Dorothy said, the CLEP is the College Composition (essay required) ENC-101 English Composition I, ENC-102 English Composition II 6 credits through 11/30/23
https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/c...am-program

and if timed essays are ok for you, TECEP there is a TECEP for Eng 102 https://www2.tesu.edu/listalltecep.php
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 163 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 225 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,574 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Lightbulb TESU - Course Transfer Questions mweichert 12 954 02-15-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 470 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 691 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  Troubles with Sophia Transfer (Science & History) poisonedapple 5 603 12-27-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: poisonedapple
  TESU Application and Transcript Transfer? Jwheels27 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AS in electronics. Transfer credits options? shows55 2 433 11-12-2023, 11:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77