Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools?
Just a curious thought, Could I transfer my sophia credits to two different schools?

For example if I transfer to one school, but didnt like it and wanted to go to another with the same sophia credit, how would that work?

or if I wanted to use the same sophia credit for two different degree's.
Completed:
Physical Science, AAS
 | College Southern Nevada | Graduated Class of 2024  

In Progress:
Project Management & Information Systems, BABA | University of Maine, Presque Isle [Image: logo_main.svg]
Hospitality Management, BS University of Nevada, Las Vegas [Image: O-3ZHTJE7YeV00MZOiLWMw_96x96.png]

On Hold:
Construction Management, BS | Indiana Tech
Hmm, honestly, many people decide to change degrees or institutions over the course of a lifetime, so this is fine and is possible, depending on the institution you're going for. Here's an example, you do 60 credits in college but don't complete an associates, you go to another institution and transfer all 45 and complete 15 credits for the first associates. You then transfer those credits, all to the university of choice to do a Bachelors. Now, you can transfer those same credits towards another university for a second bachelors as long as the second bachelors has another set of credits for the major of your choice. You get to reuse all the credits from the previous two colleges for the general education and electives...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • GoBroncos95
Short answer: Yes. Each school will apply its own criteria in evaluation of the credits that you transfer in from Sophia. Example - credits from Sophia and other ACE providers are accepted for the Pierpont AAS BOG. Those same credits are then applied to the Bachelors at UMPI, TESU, etc.

Schools may also have differing criteria in the case of a second degree - for example, some will waive all gen-eds and electives for a second degree, while others may only waive part of the electives.
In progress: HAU MBA (1 class left) Completed: BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 3 users Like jg_nuy's post:
  • allvia, GoBroncos95, ss20ts
(04-16-2024, 06:00 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, honestly, many people decide to change degrees or institutions over the course of a lifetime, so this is fine and is possible, depending on the institution you're going for.  Here's an example, you do 60 credits in college but don't complete an associates, you go to another institution and transfer all 45 and complete 15 credits for the first associates.  You then transfer those credits, all to the university of choice to do a Bachelors.  Now, you can transfer those same credits towards another university for a second bachelors as long as the second bachelors has another set of credits for the major of your choice.  You get to reuse all the credits from the previous two colleges for the general education and electives...

Both responses answered my questions! Essentially, I am going to Indiana Tech for Construction Management since they are a partner school with Sophia/Study.

I also wanted to get a Project Management degree at UMPI instead of at my local community college since they both offer the same degree but I wanted to also transfer credit to UMPI using the same sophia credit

Both responses hit the the nail on the coffin
Completed:
Physical Science, AAS

In Progress:
Project Management & Information Systems, BABA | University of Maine, Presque Isle [Image: logo_main.svg]
Hospitality Management, BS University of Nevada, Las Vegas [Image: O-3ZHTJE7YeV00MZOiLWMw_96x96.png]

On Hold:
(04-17-2024, 12:43 PM)GoBroncos95 Wrote: Both responses answered my questions! Essentially, I am going to Indiana Tech for Construction Management since they are a partner school with Sophia/Study.

I also wanted to get a Project Management degree at UMPI instead of at my local community college since they both offer the same degree but I wanted to also transfer credit to UMPI using the same sophia credit

Something to be aware about. You can't use financial aid at 2 schools at the same time. Once you complete your first bachelor's degree, Pell Grants are gone forever. 

The PM degree at UMPI will be a bachelor's degree. Community colleges don't typically offer bachelor's degrees.
(04-17-2024, 01:23 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 12:43 PM)GoBroncos95 Wrote: Both responses answered my questions! Essentially, I am going to Indiana Tech for Construction Management since they are a partner school with Sophia/Study.

Something to be aware about. You can't use financial aid at 2 schools at the same time. Once you complete your first bachelor's degree, Pell Grants are gone forever. 

The PM degree at UMPI will be a bachelor's degree. Community colleges don't typically offer bachelor's degrees.

I do not recieve pell grants anyways, everything will be paid for out of pocket. I will be applying for tuition reimbursement through my work upon completion at Indiana Tech. UMPI would just be for personal achievement lol.

Also, suprisingly my community college offers 2 bachelors programs which is Project Management and Nursing. however, the classes get filled up to quick for project management, therefore I have to wait until the following semesters or wait for an opening to take the courses I need. I'd much rather do UMPI since I would be able to knock it out on my own pace.
Completed:
Physical Science, AAS

In Progress:

On Hold:
If you're really looking to get a degree in project management you might want to look into a graduate program instead of another bachelor. For example Amberton has an MBA in PM, and one of the best things about their MBAs (aside from being affordable) is that the courses you take are concentration focused vs being more general business admin heavy. It is also a degree program that is both PMI and ACBSP accredited.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • GoBroncos95, ss20ts
(04-17-2024, 03:44 PM)allvia Wrote: If you're really looking to get a degree in project management you might want to look into a graduate program instead of another bachelor. For example Amberton has an MBA in PM, and one of the best things about their MBAs (aside from being affordable) is that the courses you take are concentration focused vs being more general business admin heavy. It is also a degree program that is both PMI and ACBSP accredited.

Interesting, Wouldn't I need a project management bachelors prior to going for a masters program in project management?
Completed:
Physical Science, AAS

In Progress:

On Hold:
No, not really, most Masters allow a bridge program or just require you to have the prerequisites completed, you don't have to have a specific degree... Basically, you should have some 'basic' business classes completed though and of course, the prerequisites of any Masters done before applying unless you're going the conditional acceptance route.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-17-2024, 04:17 PM)GoBroncos95 Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 03:44 PM)allvia Wrote: If you're really looking to get a degree in project management you might want to look into a graduate program instead of another bachelor. For example Amberton has an MBA in PM, and one of the best things about their MBAs (aside from being affordable) is that the courses you take are concentration focused vs being more general business admin heavy. It is also a degree program that is both PMI and ACBSP accredited.

Interesting, Wouldn't I need a project management bachelors prior to going for a masters program in project management?

No existing PM degree needed, and since your bachelor would be in 'Construction Management' that covers Amberton's preferred 'bachelor in business' for their MBAs.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • GoBroncos95

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English Comp II on Sophia vs at UMPI colonelcamp 11 414 Yesterday, 08:34 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New Sophia course: Criminology Kab 6 312 07-25-2024, 09:33 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Managerial Accounting Sophia faptaincrunch 3 749 07-24-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Kioslap
  Cheap Upper-Level History Credit Miggies 9 562 07-24-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: wow
  Sophia Course Retirement Alert AllThose299s 8 1,252 07-14-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 147 83,088 07-13-2024, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Quatchi
  Spanish I on Sophia DavidGood 10 492 07-11-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU doesn't accept SOPHIA? burbuja0512 11 777 07-07-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 9 1,956 07-03-2024, 08:13 AM
Last Post: DavidGood
  Which UoPeople courses to transfer and where? ecdw94 23 4,513 06-30-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: MrPanda