Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't Decide Which One
I did 7 FEMA modules for their Professional Development Series certificate. I found them pretty simple, all things considered. You also answer all the questions for the final exam of each module before you submit the answers. So you can always double-check your answers.

I understand your desire to earn an A.A.

Have you determined what Bachelor program you are leaning towards after that?
[SIZE="1"]CLEP exams passed:
Management, Accounting, Marketing, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics

DSST exams passed:
Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior, Statistics, Management Information Systems

Earned:
B.A. in Business Administration: Technology Management from Saint Leo University

M.S. in Leadership: Business Ethics from Duquesne University [/SIZE]
hi sorry i talk to much.

One more question. I am studying for a FEMA test write now. I am only asking this question because there FEMA site didnt really have an answer.

From my understanding i take the FEMA test online. in about 2-3 weeks i get my results. Then if i score a 75% or more i can apply through them to recieve 1 point of college credit. and i can apply this towards my AA degree through tesc. So my question is. What if i fail the test. Is there a time restraint on when I can take it again. and long do people usually study for a test?

thank you Adrian
You take the test online. I remember it saying something about 2 to 3 weeks, but the fact is they are going to have your email address on hand. Make sure that you give them a valid one. In a matter of minutes, you will recieve an email telling you if you passed or failed said exam.

As far as failing, and then retesting I don't have a clue. Double check your answers before submitting them and you should never encounter that problem to begin with though.

DSST exams passed:
Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior, Statistics, Management Information Systems

Earned:
B.A. in Business Administration: Technology Management from Saint Leo University

Don't "study" for any FEMA test. Just have the coursework open on your computer and complete the exam at the same time. Once you get trained at searching the PDF/Docs for keywords, you'll complete each FEMA module within 15-45 minutes.
[COLOR="Blue"]Excelsior College
102 credits complete
20 UL Credits to go (7 tests)
BS Liberal Studies
Area of Focus:Computer Information Science
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Next test:
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (August 6th)[/COLOR]

You could take 25 DSST tests or 27 CLEP tests for the price of 1 UoP class.
I have taken my first FEMA test about an hour ago. know test results back. but once again thank you everyone for your advice and encouragement. I feel really good about myself right now.
Hello again everyone. Currently I passed two FEMA tests. And I have reached a crossroads. I am finally deciding a Major. My two choices are Bachelor of arts in communication or Bachelor of arts in Computer Science. I feel like the one with a concentration in communication sounds like a great skill to have for business employment. I so want to do a Bachelor of arts in Education but i cant find one.

Does anybody know if there is a degree program from any of the big three to be a teacher.
Thank you very much Cinderly for your reply. Yeah I guess it is sort of a pipe dream. I guess a BA would be a start though. One more question. Someone told me that when doing fema I should just go straight to the test. Is this ethically wrong. Or is this the way to handle it. I mean I will still have to go through the materials and look up the answers. thank you. Oliver
Ethics are a pretty flexible thing. I suppose it all depends on why you're taking the FEMA courses. If it was your major, I'd say you should pay more attention. If it is simply serving as a cheap source of college credits, well you're skimming it anyway when you're looking up answers. Are you planning on doing all you can?

DSST exams passed:

Earned:

I would love to be a High School teacher. And I would want to be an English teacher. But also have a back round in drama, literature, mystery and horror subjects. and poetry. All the basics. That improve the quality of life for my students. And make the world a little bit more alive. I don't see education as studying information or learning facts. But as amplifying the way we process that information so that we can project it onto this world with a better understanding of how things function. I would want my students to understand, that they can create, change, or destroy anything they imagine or realize that everything that is solid can be tooled with. And that life is a playful game that is easily controlled if you have the right tools (knowledge and understanding of tools and concepts, and devices. Everyone is there own master of there life. The world seems very dull without the arts.
Thank you for your advice cinderly. I am seriously considering teaching. I know the pay is isn't much, but it would give my life a purpose. I could at least make a living off of 46,000 a year.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't decide between TESU and WGU - any help appreciated! RyTi 14 1,735 12-31-2016, 03:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Trying to decide what to do for my last TECEP... Mamasaphire 13 1,229 06-07-2016, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Mamasaphire
  Help to decide on TESU BSBA in Management OR Marketing Michael.Corleone 12 1,127 02-11-2016, 01:01 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  updated eval, just a few left to decide on plaidwandering 6 911 06-13-2015, 01:25 PM
Last Post: bricabrac
  Just learned of the "BIG 3" and trying to decide JTP 8 950 07-29-2014, 10:40 AM
Last Post: tlashurst
  Answer a few questions to help me decide between WGU, Big 3, other online programs? dbdtw 12 1,564 12-27-2013, 10:00 PM
Last Post: dbdtw
  Trying to decide between the big 3 SpeedyAlchemist 7 1,145 08-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Last Post: IrishJohn
  Help me decide on TESC vs. EC for Business Degree - Evals and Plan Included Inside jkozlow3 5 1,258 08-30-2010, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Yenisei
  Trying to decide among the Big 3 TomN 13 2,005 05-24-2010, 11:25 AM
Last Post: cookderosa