Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't access Peterson's Practice Tests
HorseManiac,
Don't wait any longer -
Here's the info for contacting Peterson's - They have been helpful for me in the past.

"Get fast answers to the most common technical support questions right here! However, if your question is not answered here, or if you need additional help, please contact our support team at:

Telephone:
Phone (Toll Free): 1-877-433-8277 (US) or +1-609-896-1800 x54203 (International)
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM EST
Saturday-Sunday 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM EST

E-mail: supportgov@petersons.com
This would happen when I'm away from the computer for a few days. I'll take a look and my apologies for the issues with the link of FCP.
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
Justin

The problem is not your link. That worked for me.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Chebasaz Wrote:This would happen when I'm away from the computer for a few days. I'll take a look and my apologies for the issues with the link of FCP.

Thanks Justin for looking into that! You don't have to apologize. I know its not FCP's fault! Smile Like Linda said it's not your link because it works for other people! I'm not blaming anyone. I just want to figure out how to fix it!
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
Okay, the problem seems to be the way that Peterson's links to their internal pages. You can't link directly to the practice tests - I ran into this when I was originally building the pages for FCP. My original idea was to link to each of the practices exams, but could never get it to work for people. While the direct links would work for me, it would give errors to everyone else. That's why I came up with the walkthrough by pictures.

The good news - I just tried the link to FCP and then took the new steps and it seemed to work fine. That means the Library link (Sponsor 2088) still works.

@Horsemaniac - I ran into an issue like yours about a year ago with one of my laptops. I ended up having to completely remove firefox and chrome from my computer and then reinstall them. When it asks if you want to import settings over from IE, just say no. That worked for me so give it a try.

Edit: Appreciate the additional info. Opened my Outlook to a wave of upset Emails. Gotta go make new screenshots now. On the flip side, I look at this upgrade as a good thing. This probably means they're upgrading all of this as part of that practice test upgrade they've been talking about.
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin

[/SIZE]
Chebasaz Wrote:Okay, the problem seems to be the way that Peterson's links to their internal pages. You can't link directly to the practice tests - I ran into this when I was originally building the pages for FCP. My original idea was to link to each of the practices exams, but could never get it to work for people. While the direct links would work for me, it would give errors to everyone else. That's why I came up with the walkthrough by pictures.

The good news - I just tried the link to FCP and then took the new steps and it seemed to work fine. That means the Library link (Sponsor 2088) still works.

@Horsemaniac - I ran into an issue like yours about a year ago with one of my laptops. I ended up having to completely remove firefox and chrome from my computer and then reinstall them. When it asks if you want to import settings over from IE, just say no. That worked for me so give it a try.

Edit: Appreciate the additional info. Opened my Outlook to a wave of upset Emails. Gotta go make new screenshots now. On the flip side, I look at this upgrade as a good thing. This probably means they're upgrading all of this as part of that practice test upgrade they've been talking about.

Just uninstalled Firefox. I don't have chrome. Just firefox and IE. Where is it supposed to ask you to import settings from IE? I just reinstalled it and it didn't ask me that.

Btw after I reinstalled Firefox I tried to access the practice tests using the FCP link and it didn't work.
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:

SAYLOR:

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
Almost every browser (including Firefox I could have sworn) asks if you want to import settings. No worries if you're not. We're going to try something else -

I think this goes back to what I was saying in my previous post. Petersons links aren't very straightforward. When you click the "Testing and Education" link on that first page, it doesn't take you straight to the nelnetsolutions webpage. It first goes through an authentication with that galegroup which, I would imagine, is when they check the library ID to make sure you can access Petersons.

Every time I've ever had an issue with that galegroup, simply deleting all of my third party cookies and clearing the cache have worked.

I know you've said that you tried already on your mom's computer, but do me a favor and try this - Create a new user on your current computer and log in with that user. Then try the link again. I find it hard to believe that a simple web page upgrade would somehow block your ISP's access to their website. I still have a sneaking suspicion that it's somehow tied to an old cookie or temp page somewhere on your computer. If you've ever accessed the Petersons site from your mom's computer (or she has) that could explain the issue there as well.

Just shooting in the dark here, but I've got nothing else planned for the day so we'll work on this together. Tongue
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin

[/SIZE]
Chebasaz Wrote:Almost every browser (including Firefox I could have sworn) asks if you want to import settings. No worries if you're not. We're going to try something else -

I think this goes back to what I was saying in my previous post. Petersons links aren't very straightforward. When you click the "Testing and Education" link on that first page, it doesn't take you straight to the nelnetsolutions webpage. It first goes through an authentication with that galegroup which, I would imagine, is when they check the library ID to make sure you can access Petersons.

Every time I've ever had an issue with that galegroup, simply deleting all of my third party cookies and clearing the cache have worked.

I know you've said that you tried already on your mom's computer, but do me a favor and try this - Create a new user on your current computer and log in with that user. Then try the link again. I find it hard to believe that a simple web page upgrade would somehow block your ISP's access to their website. I still have a sneaking suspicion that it's somehow tied to an old cookie or temp page somewhere on your computer. If you've ever accessed the Petersons site from your mom's computer (or she has) that could explain the issue there as well.

Just shooting in the dark here, but I've got nothing else planned for the day so we'll work on this together. Tongue

Okay, thanks I'm willing to try anything at this rate! lol Big Grin Where do you want me to make a new account on this forum or in Petersons?
CLEP:

DSST:

ALEKS:

SAYLOR:

PENN FOSTER:

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
Also... as long as we're on the topic - Please don't use that military link unless you're actually affiliated with the DoD. When they say "Civilian" there, they're talking about DoD Civilians aka Government Employees.

Now if you are affiliated:

Government Contractor
Government Civilian
Active Duty Military
Reserve Military
National Guard
Retired Military
or you have an immediate family member (this means a husband/wife/father/mother if you're a dependent)

then by all means use it! It's a great resource and the Department of Defense pays for you to use it.

A quick way of telling if you qualify or not - Do you have a military ID or CAC Card? Then you qualify. If you don't, then please don't use it. By doing so you're taking money away from those who do qualify. It's not a bottomless well. Wink
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin

[/SIZE]
HorseManiac Wrote:Okay, thanks I'm willing to try anything at this rate! lol Big Grin Where do you want me to make a new account on this forum or in Petersons?

Lol, I meant a new user account on your computer Tongue What version of Windows are you using and I'll walk you through the steps.
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin

[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yale will again require standardized tests for admission NotJoeBiden 0 230 02-22-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  How do I access the Wikis? mohelena02 1 406 09-20-2022, 05:52 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Another step toward open access Alpha 2 1,025 09-13-2022, 09:16 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  FREE Udemy - PMP 2020 Practice tests - 6th Edition - 600 questions bjcheung77 2 1,197 01-03-2020, 11:28 AM
Last Post: doom
  FREE Udemy - PMP Practice tests 6th Edition - 500 questions+explanations bjcheung77 7 1,762 12-03-2019, 03:49 PM
Last Post: allvia
  I've lost access to the "Specific Exam Feedback - InstantCert Subscribers ONLY" group Nerdymcnerdface 9 3,662 09-27-2019, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Zham
  Free websites to practice typing Lewis.Yim 2 1,077 04-19-2019, 07:54 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Specific Exam Feedback Access sonyidgt 0 915 05-16-2018, 10:30 AM
Last Post: sonyidgt
  Practice Patent Law Without Being a Lawyer sanantone 0 583 01-31-2014, 11:46 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Admin Info-Help Private Forum Access mrobinson 4 1,056 05-26-2013, 11:55 AM
Last Post: ShotoJuku