Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capstone TESU
(06-14-2018, 02:51 PM)JayUsher Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 11:59 AM)d.cononge Wrote: Hey again all,

I have just started the Business Administration Capstone through TESU for the April term. I am taking the course with Dr. Aschkenazi. I wanted to reach out and see if anyone else on the forum is taking this capstone during this term. You don't have to specifically take it with Dr. Aschkenazi, but I simply wanted to see if anyone else is taking this same course at the same time so that we can bounce ideas off of each other! Just let me know!

Have you taken the midterm yet? I am scheduled to take mine tomorrow. Just curious how many essay questions, how many multiple choice questions, on the exam? Also, did you feel the midterm study guide prepared you well enough, especially with the essay portion. The practice midterm showed 4 essay questions worth 20 points each and 10 multiple choice questions were 2 points each. Really curious if the actual midterm was similar or not to those ratios.

Thanks!

(04-02-2018, 03:09 PM)TacticalTechie Wrote: Best of luck to you on your capstone! I just recently finished the January term for BUS-421 so if you need any help, feel free to ask!
For the midterm - just curious how many essay questions, how many multiple choice questions, were on the exam? Also, did you feel the midterm study guide prepared you well enough, especially with the essay portion. The practice midterm showed 4 essay questions worth 20 points each and 10 multiple choice questions were 2 points each. Really curious if the actual midterm was similar or not to those ratios.

Thanks!
I hope this post is not too late, but the midterm consists of  10 multiple choice and 4 essay questions. Studying the essay questions prepared me more than enough for all of the essay questions. I basically outlined a couple paragraphs of what I wanted to say for each question, and it made it really easy for me for test time. The multiple choice questions were also pretty easy if you studied the study guide. I ended up getting a 91. It took the full 2 hours though.
(06-15-2018, 08:53 AM)d.cononge Wrote:

I have just started the Business Administration Capstone through TESU for the April term. I am taking the course with Dr. Aschkenazi. I wanted to reach out and see if anyone else on the forum is taking this capstone during this term. You don't have to specifically take it with Dr. Aschkenazi, but I simply wanted to see if anyone else is taking this same course at the same time so that we can bounce ideas off of each other! Just let me know!

Have you taken the midterm yet? I am scheduled to take mine tomorrow. Just curious how many essay questions, how many multiple choice questions, on the exam? Also, did you feel the midterm study guide prepared you well enough, especially with the essay portion. The practice midterm showed 4 essay questions worth 20 points each and 10 multiple choice questions were 2 points each. Really curious if the actual midterm was similar or not to those ratios.

Thanks!

(04-02-2018, 03:09 PM)TacticalTechie Wrote: Best of luck to you on your capstone! I just recently finished the January term for BUS-421 so if you need any help, feel free to ask!
For the midterm - just curious how many essay questions, how many multiple choice questions, were on the exam? Also, did you feel the midterm study guide prepared you well enough, especially with the essay portion. The practice midterm showed 4 essay questions worth 20 points each and 10 multiple choice questions were 2 points each. Really curious if the actual midterm was similar or not to those ratios.

Thanks!
I hope this post is not too late, but the midterm consists of  10 multiple choice and 4 essay questions. Studying the essay questions prepared me more than enough for all of the essay questions. I basically outlined a couple paragraphs of what I wanted to say for each question, and it made it really easy for me for test time. The multiple choice questions were also pretty easy if you studied the study guide. I ended up getting a 91. It took the full 2 hours though.
That is super helpful. Thanks! This is just in time, I take the midterm in about five hours, so I can focus on studying the essay questions.
Goal: MBA in IT Management, WGU

AA Information TechnologyUniversity of Phoenix, 2008
BS Business Administration in C.I.S., Thomas Edison State University2018
MBA Information Technology Management, Western Governor's University, In Progress
(06-15-2018, 10:13 AM)albinosmurf Wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks!
That is super helpful. Thanks! This is just in time, I take the midterm in about five hours, so I can focus on studying the essay questions.

Just wanted to update everyone - I scored 9 out of 10 multiple choice questions correct. They were difficult, but I felt prepared for them. For the essay questions, each question was a combination of 2 of the topics in the study guide - so 4 essay questions covered about 7-8 of the study guide topics marked with ES. I scored 81% on the essay questions. Overall my mid-term grade was 83%.
(06-25-2018, 11:52 AM)JayUsher Wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks!

Just wanted to update everyone - I scored 9 out of 10 multiple choice questions correct. They were difficult, but I felt prepared for them. For the essay questions, each question was a combination of 2 of the topics in the study guide - so 4 essay questions covered about 7-8 of the study guide topics marked with ES. I scored 81% on the essay questions. Overall my mid-term grade was 83%.
Fantastic! That's great news! It is amazing how hard it was to recall enough information to write 4 essays.
(06-25-2018, 12:30 PM)d.cononge Wrote:
(06-25-2018, 11:52 AM)JayUsher Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 02:51 PM)JayUsher Wrote: Have you taken the midterm yet? I am scheduled to take mine tomorrow. Just curious how many essay questions, how many multiple choice questions, on the exam? Also, did you feel the midterm study guide prepared you well enough, especially with the essay portion. The practice midterm showed 4 essay questions worth 20 points each and 10 multiple choice questions were 2 points each. Really curious if the actual midterm was similar or not to those ratios.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Fantastic! That's great news! It is amazing how hard it was to recall enough information to write 4 essays.
I doctored Posabsolute's study guide essay questions (this amazing collection of Quizlet flashcards for our entire class
I narrowed it down to 1-2 paragraphs for each essay question. Then I literally memorized those 1-2 paragraphs for all 9 essay questions. I kept typing them out until I got them correct - took about 2 weeks to be able to type out all nine essay questions and the 1-2 paragraph answers for each. It was really a pain as the words were concise and the sentence structure efficient. But come test time I was able to type those paragraphs out. 

The bummer thing about the class is you get grades, but no details on how you did on specific questions. I scored 81% on the essay portion, but I don't know what I missed or why.
(06-27-2018, 05:11 PM)JayUsher Wrote: I doctored Posabsolute's study guide essay questions (this amazing collection of Quizlet flashcards for our entire class
I narrowed it down to 1-2 paragraphs for each essay question. Then I literally memorized those 1-2 paragraphs for all 9 essay questions. I kept typing them out until I got them correct - took about 2 weeks to be able to type out all nine essay questions and the 1-2 paragraph answers for each. It was really a pain as the words were concise and the sentence structure efficient. But come test time I was able to type those paragraphs out. 

The bummer thing about the class is you get grades, but no details on how you did on specific questions. I scored 81% on the essay portion, but I don't know what I missed or why.

I do hope that doesn't mean you plagiarized his answers on the test.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(06-27-2018, 05:39 PM)davewill Wrote:
(06-27-2018, 05:11 PM)JayUsher Wrote: I doctored Posabsolute's study guide essay questions (this amazing collection of Quizlet flashcards for our entire class

I do hope that doesn't mean you plagiarized his answers on the test. 
Of course not. Doctored means I made it my own. Posabsolute's answers to the guide were very helpful as a general direction, however they were not exam-ready answers. You had to take Posabsolute's general ideas and formulate them into real answers. My answers removed at least half of Posabsolute's information and I added my own research information from the book and PPT's. Honestly, I thought my answers were much better formulated than Posabsolute's - yet I scored about the same as him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,977 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,104 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,643 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,301 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,731 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,342 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,591 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,323 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,374 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic