Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell Phone Deal - OnePlus Nord 30 - Best Buy $0 plus cost for X days service
For those who can get in contact with Best Buy mobile to ship this to you (or the nearest Best Buy to you), you can get this deal for $0 plus cost for X days of service. Previous best price was just $50, it's a very good budget to mid range phone. Amazing deal for a backup or second phone, you just buy, cancel once you get the phone, it's already unlocked... And yeah, there are 75+ pages on this deal since it started 3/1/2024.

Link: https://slickdeals.net/f/17327499-oneplu...best-buy-0
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I don't trust Chinese manufacturers for PCs or smartphones.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Deal done and gone already, wow 86+ pages worth of information, some people were able to get it at $0 as it was within 3 days of purchase... I didn't bother with ordering as I have too many devices, wanted to share this anyways. (Hmm, even though I have too many Chinese devices already, I would have purchased it to replace my older devices and use this as a backup, but didn't bother... May recycle my old stuff before getting more things. Gonna have to recycle the other devices such as my tablets and laptops that are lying around...)

(03-04-2024, 06:44 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Deal done and gone already, wow 86+ pages worth of information, some people were able to get it at $0 as it was within 3 days of purchase... I didn't bother with ordering as I have too many devices, wanted to share this anyways. (Hmm, even though I have too many Chinese devices already, I would have purchased it to replace my older devices and use this as a backup, but didn't bother... May recycle my old stuff before getting more things.  Gonna have to recycle the other devices such as my tablets and laptops that are lying around...)

It's pretty serious stuff what these Chinese companies are doing.

Top Android Phones From China Are Packed With Spyware, Research Finds

https://gizmodo.com/android-xiamoi-onepl...1850082989

These companies often make their own version of Android, which you are forced to update from THEIR company website. That update can contain anything they want, including backdoors, malware, spyware, etc.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(03-04-2024, 04:03 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I don't trust Chinese manufacturers for PCs or smartphones.

These days is pretty much impossible to escape chinese manufacturers, even if you think you did, you didn't, pretty much every part of your cellphone will have been made there, even if your phone was assembled somewhere else.

Pretty much your only options are: https://pine64.org/devices/pinephone_pro/ (Made In Taiwan mostly with Korean parts, Camera from Japan) or https://puri.sm/products/librem-5-usa/ (Fully American, but at a delusionally sounding uS$1999 price tag)

"People think they have a choice, they don't have a choice" Bill Gates
It's like Microsoft Windows needing you to have an account created (Did you all read the recent Elon Musk article where he got a prompt to add a Microsoft Account?). And then you've got the Apple Macs that require you to setup an Apple ID too... It really depends, all companies including the big ones such as the FAANG companies require some type of analytics to keep track on what you're doing.

(03-06-2024, 05:15 PM)elcastor21 Wrote:
(03-04-2024, 04:03 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I don't trust Chinese manufacturers for PCs or smartphones.

These days is pretty much impossible to escape chinese manufacturers, even if you think you did, you didn't, pretty much every part of your cellphone will have been made there, even if your phone was assembled somewhere else.

Pretty much your only options are: https://pine64.org/devices/pinephone_pro/ (Made In Taiwan mostly with Korean parts, Camera from Japan) or https://puri.sm/products/librem-5-usa/ (Fully American, but at a delusionally sounding uS$1999 price tag)

"People think they have a choice, they don't have a choice" Bill Gates

There is a big difference between being assembled in China with foreign chips/critical hardware and being made in China with Chinese chips and owned by a Chinese company.  

Apple phones, for example, are made in China in a plant owned by a Taiwanese company with parts from companies outside of China.

Will you trust China as you log in to your bank account and other critical accounts with a Chinese phone, tablet, or PC? gl with that.
https://www.pcmag.com/news/android-tv-bo...at-malware

The military isn't taking chances. In 2008, Marines stationed in Iraq stopped using Lenovo tech after discovering data was being transmitted back to China. The U.S. Air Force replaced $378 million worth of servers purchased by Lenovo.

Have a Lenovo machine at home or work? I suggest you replace it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/colu...250875002/

There is a good reason why these Chinese firms are banned from doing business with the U.S. government, and most S&P 500 companies have similar policies.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MGM reeling from cyber 'chaos' 5 days after attack LevelUP 0 286 09-14-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  black friday deal Prowritingaid 50% Imbanewbie 7 911 11-25-2022, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Customer Service Alpha 1 490 08-16-2022, 09:12 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Got a product or service? Shark Tank... bjcheung77 0 466 04-03-2022, 06:02 PM
  Price of Nickel Rose 500% In a Matter of Days, Markets Collapse, Trading Shut Down LevelUP 0 473 03-14-2022, 10:39 AM
  Microsoft $69 Billion Deal Buying Activision bjcheung77 2 650 02-11-2022, 10:20 AM
  Mail forwarding/scanning service - International bjcheung77 4 925 01-19-2022, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Kab
  New Blade Lithium Batteries Push Cost Below $100 Kwh LevelUP 0 518 12-18-2021, 05:27 PM
  Pixel 6 - I am eyeing this phone today! bjcheung77 3 669 11-28-2021, 10:55 PM
  HUSH - Phone Number - Lifetime Deal $25 USD bjcheung77 11 3,610 06-01-2021, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Flelm