Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change from study.com to sl.com for a while. Suggestions?
hed1979 Wrote:Thank you for degree plan! This is very helpful. However, I see you left OPIc and Vietnam War of the credit list, are these duplicate credits? If so I will definitely try to change the CLEP exam. Thanks again!

Hello,

What exactly is what I listed below. I'm guessing its some form of Spanish courses for credit. I'm asking because my girlfriend is really interested in getting more Spanish credits. She already has her Masters in Accounting but wanted to minor in Spanish during her undergrad but couldn't fit in the time to complete it. What kind of credits are these and do schools outside the big three take these. Mainly looking at UNGC (University of North Carolina Greensboro) because they would possible be able to add them to her transcript for her?

Thanks!

ACTFL: OPIc Spanish Advanced High/Superior, WPT Spanish Advanced Hgh/Superior
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Hello,

What exactly is what I listed below. I'm guessing its some form of Spanish courses for credit. I'm asking because my girlfriend is really interested in getting more Spanish credits. She already has her Masters in Accounting but wanted to minor in Spanish during her undergrad but couldn't fit in the time to complete it. What kind of credits are these and do schools outside the big three take these. Mainly looking at UNGC (University of North Carolina Greensboro) because they would possible be able to add them to her transcript for her?

Thanks!

You may want to take a look at this thread

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...275-a.html

These are used for teachers, but I don't know what UNCG accepts - you would need to ask them specifically.
Former University of Pennsylvania Economics Major Trying to Restart
Currently working on Study.com Guardian Scholarship: Personal Finance, American Government, Environmental Science, Intro to Management, Hist Vietnam War - 15cr
ALEKs: Beginning/Intermediate/College Algebra - 9cr
The Institutes: Professional Ethics - 2cr
TEEX: All 3 Cyber Security - 6cr
CLEP:A&I Lit - 6cr
Sophia: Building Teams - 1cr
Kaplan: PLA - 3cr
Saylor: Env Ethics - 3cr
45cr down
Synicaal Wrote:Not sure if there is a time frame to do it but they do allow you to change what your exam ticket is for. If you login to your account there is a way to do this (not sure how since the site changes). The only downside is it makes you pay for the new ticket and then refunds your "old" ticket in like 3-4 business days.

Another note is I'm sorry to see that you didn't use Study.com well, you really should have targeted any UL courses you can't get anywhere else. Like dfecore said looks like you managed to really load up more on Gen Eds. Study.com/SL are great for getting your UL requirements in. If you don't mind CLEPs they are a great source of Gen Eds and or electives.

I know, I was surprised I received the scholarship and with work and the holidays I just wanted to complete easy credits. I will eventually use study.com again when my schedule is more flexible and I can dedicate the time to complete 2 or 3 exams a month. I do like the format, but it is time consuming completing all the quizzes, especially now that you only have 3 attempts to get 100%.
Started October 2016

Goal:  Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: General Management  Credits 120/120!!!

Completed:

CLEP: Spanish 80
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Introduction to Statistics, PreCalculus
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Business in Society,  Human Resource Management, Digital Marketing and Advertising, Personal Finance, History of Vietnam, US History I
Teex: Cyber Security 101, 201, and 301. Completed 10/18/16
Straighterline: English Comp I, English Comp II, Intro to Communication, Intro to Religion, Intro to Sociology, American Government, Introduction to Environmental Science, Accounting I, Accounting II, Business Law, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Business Communication Organizational Behavior, Managerial Accounting, Financial Accounting 
TECEP: Strategic Management (69%), Security Analysis (84%)
ACTFL:  OPIc Spanish Advanced High/Superior, WPT Spanish Advanced Hgh/Superior
Synicaal Wrote:Hello,

Thanks!

No way to know who accepts them, but they are ACE-recommended.

The other thing is that you can put it on your resume. They have a specific thing on the website about being able to use it, and tell you specifically how to word it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,340 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,596 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,428 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 742 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 359 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,902 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 587 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 310 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 731 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM