Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing schools; where to go?
After some google searching I've decided on Intro to Children's Lit, Science of Dogs, and Jane Austen  or both PLA courses.  Thanks yall
[-] The following 1 user Likes amberwalk's post:
  • rachel83az
(02-17-2021, 04:09 PM)amberwalk Wrote: After some google searching I've decided on Intro to Children's Lit, Science of Dogs, and Jane Austen  or both PLA courses.  Thanks yall

Science of Dogs sounds like such a fun course! If you do that one, please let me know how it goes.  Big Grin
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-17-2021, 04:09 PM)amberwalk Wrote: After some google searching I've decided on Intro to Children's Lit, Science of Dogs, and Jane Austen  or both PLA courses.  Thanks yall
Science of Dogs was a pretty interesting course. I really enjoyed it. Make sure you get the book it'll help in the long run.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

<I am confused, scratching my head - where is the BALA Organizational Leadership showing on their website> I am curious as to why you think it would be cheaper, or easier, or faster going to another school. Ask yourself, where can you get a Bachelors for $3,192 and cost for two courses OR by completing 16 credits with them? And where can you get a degree where you can transfer in 114 credits without any further residency requirements or degree requirements...

I think the choice is clear, stick with TESU unless you want to spend more energy, money, time going for another provider such as COSC, Excelsior, UMPI, WGU or anything else. Having said that, you can go with COSC/EC if you have 27 UL credits, otherwise, you'll have to take more classes... In this situation, I would try to get my monies worth and use up the "yearly" tuition assistance/reimbursement <cries, I don't have that awesome benefit!>

Since you have to take more classes anyways, why not get a second degree. So, any one of these providers you decide on, find out if your courses can be used towards a second degree. For example, if you have a BS with Organizational Leadership, the BSOL at TESU, you're very close to a BSBA HRM/OM, go for a second degree by taking the required courses at TESU for 16 credits and transfer in the remainder! BAM! You use your tuition assistance effectively and get two degrees FREE!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
It might be possible to do UMPI cheaper than the residency waiver - but you're looking at taking ANOTHER ten classes in residency there and trying to cram them through in one or two terms. The burden of work may have a higher personal cost than the residency waiver fee depending on how much you value your time/sanity.

If the cost is a really big obstacle, and you're not opposed to doing so, perhaps you could raise some of the money with a Gofundme or other crowd-funding platform and pitch it to your network of friends/family/community members as "Help Amberwalk get over the last hump and fulfill their college dream!" You might be surprised who is rooting for you and willing to chip in. You'll never know who out there is waiting for an opportunity to help someone unless you ask. But just don't post it on the board... I suspect there are rules against solicitation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 421 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 694 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Switiching schools Joellem 14 811 09-27-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Joellem
  Unaccredited degree assembled from courses at accredited schools elcastor21 1 387 09-26-2023, 12:07 PM
  Where did they go? Kids missing from public schools bjcheung77 5 638 02-16-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Top 10 Feeder Schools for 100 Tech Companies sanantone 13 3,653 12-30-2022, 03:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Penn state's two law schools will be combined into a single law school Imbanewbie 0 508 12-01-2022, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Changing Demographics Alpha 0 400 10-19-2022, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Accrediting Council for Independent College and Schools clep3705 60 7,362 10-07-2022, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Rebounding - Private schools & Homeschooling... bjcheung77 0 404 09-15-2022, 06:15 PM