Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Programs
I have some inside information that COSC is developing a BS in Social Work, a Masters in Social Work, and a Master's in Education.
They're also developing microcredentials (or certificates) that provide skills that will allegedly be valuable in the job market - and the microcredentials will also provide college credit for those who want to make progress toward a degree. 
It's some promising stuff, albeit with the tightening of restrictions on transfer credit and alt-credit...I don't know how much use it will really have for board members.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReyMysterioso's post:
  • origamishuttle
There was a thread on here awhile ago about COSC offering a BSW.

ETA: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...al+work%22
It's good they're adding programs, hopefully they'll "keep" the current state of approving alternative credit transfers or go back to more favorable conditions. Really hard to say at the undergraduate level if a BSW at COSC would work, but if you can transfer the bulk of the credits through inexpensive RA/Alt credit and take the cornerstone/capstone, it'll be one of the least expensive. Their Masters are expensive, I'd look elsewhere as the Big 3 aren't alternative friendly enough for grad studies...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What about PLA and Credit Recommending Training Programs topdog98 4 1,216 07-29-2020, 04:03 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New programs at COSC? sanantone 0 903 04-19-2019, 04:09 PM
Last Post: sanantone