Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap/Fast MBA program
(07-11-2021, 09:45 AM)Unistic Wrote: Edit: I still say UoPeople would be best for her ever with the terrible peer review, its free and and will more than likely achieve regionally accreditation in the next few years.

UoPeople is NOT free, though. Being tuition-free doesn't mean that there is no cost. An MBA costs about $3k at UoPeople. Might as well get an MBA from HAU instead.

Would a foreign degree work? Perhaps an ENEB degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(07-11-2021, 09:53 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 09:45 AM)Unistic Wrote: Edit: I still say UoPeople would be best for her ever with the terrible peer review, its free and and will more than likely achieve regionally accreditation in the next few years.

UoPeople is NOT free, though. Being tuition-free doesn't mean that there is no cost. An MBA costs about $3k at UoPeople. Might as well get an MBA from HAU instead.

Would a foreign degree work? Perhaps an ENEB degree.

I'm aware of the fees per course with UoPeople, but you can also choose to skip a term or two if needed so the 3k for completion wouldn't be too bad. HAU states that: Full-time students can complete their graduate studies at the master’s level in about two years

And that's full time, I'm doing Eastern University's online Master Data Science and that can be completed in 10 months or little over a year part time and its regionally accredit/brick & mortal school for only 10k.

Oddly enough they have a similar set up for a MBA but the price is too high for her to attend.

And she works for the govt, so I doubt a foreign degree will work since govt  goes by DoE of approved degrees i.e National/Regional.

Still I thank everyone for their help this forum is amazing. She'll either have to take more time and complete HAU for cheap or  pay more for the 1 year mba

Thank you!
I'd look at WGU. I would not even consider U of People. It's not RA which may not be an issue for her today but who knows about the future. Several people on here have tried classes there and their experiences were less than awesome. She could go for the MAOL at UMPI or Brandman. There are people at HAU who will be done in a year or less. They're working full time and going to school. They're making it work.

There's no guarantee anywhere on how long a degree will take someone. I'm full time at Charleston Southern University and I will complete my MS in 10 months. It's 2 classes every 7 weeks. Most people in my program are working full time. it all depends on how much time she has to spend on her studies.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Unistic
Ref HAU, Yeah, I'm not full time and will be done in 15months at the outside... There is a reason i suggested you call Dean martin at HAU. Surfing online is one thing, having a discussion with school another. You do you.

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cerich67's post:
  • ss20ts
It sounds to me like her mind has been made up with University of the People.
MBA, BA 
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Get an additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
(07-11-2021, 12:41 PM)Vle045 Wrote: It sounds to me like her mind has been made up with University of the People.

It sounds like the poster has made up their mind not the sister who is the one who will doing the work. She should join the forum and ask questions so she can educate herself and find a school that will really work for her.
(07-11-2021, 12:54 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 12:41 PM)Vle045 Wrote: It sounds to me like her mind has been made up with University of the People.

It sounds like the poster has made up their mind not the sister who is the one who will doing the work. She should join the forum and ask questions so she can educate herself and find a school that will really work for her.

Lol, I can't force I can only keep in mind of what her actual request was and what she says she can afford and accomplish. She only asked cause I asked about a TESU degree for myself then for my gf. I've relaid all the responses/information to her simply by copying and pasting it to FB chat and we all know how its easy to response through that.

See it her way, she just need the paper, that's it just the paper approved through the U.S Education Dept. Nation or Regional doesn't matter. She's a single woman that works and has three kids. The paper is only for a future promotion for a job she's being doing for the past 10 years or so. She still have student loans from her BS. With UoP she will only have to pay or exams, she can also skip a term or two if needed and the cost is really cheap.

She plan to research the course work etc or it before making a final decision though. And again thanks goes out to everyone who lend a searching hand!
Your best bet and the one I vouch for is the HAU option, you can take 2 courses each term and be done with it in 15 months. They still have the $3000 offer for Sept 7 Start... Hurry! Hurry! I highly suggest HAU over UOP because of one basic reason, RA vs NA. You can try U of People, and then transfer their credits to Walden. Finish Walden in 1 term for $2700, two for $5400.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Vle045
(07-11-2021, 02:29 PM)Unistic Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 12:54 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Lol, I can't force I can only keep in mind of what her actual request was and what she says she can afford and accomplish. She only asked cause I asked about a TESU degree for myself then for my gf. I've relaid all the responses/information to her simply by copying and pasting it to FB chat and we all know how its easy to response through that.

See it her way, she just need the paper, that's it just the paper approved through the U.S Education Dept. Nation or Regional doesn't matter. She's a single woman that works and has three kids. The paper is only for a future promotion for a job she's being doing for the past 10 years or so. She still have student loans from her BS. With UoP she will only have to pay or exams, she can also skip a term or two if needed and the cost is really cheap.

She plan to research the course work etc or it before making a final decision though. And again thanks goes out to everyone who lend a searching hand!

Last reply and i am tapping out

If she has a decades experience in a job that next step requires a MBA, there is a good chance that HAU will look at her work experience, undergrad and see if up to 9 CH of the 36 needed will be met. I had 9 CH's applied towards my MBA as did one other on this forum when they applied (I am not sure if they did enroll however, I think not.) That will leave 27 CH, each course is 3 CH so that is 9 courses to do. Courses are 7 weeks and if you do 2 courses at a time (I am currently doing,  work is not the level of time I spent doing my TESU undergrad) including summer term(s) with some guided study classes, someone can finish the degree in a year. I would call it a moderate + effort, but frankly , what MBA isn't going to be at best? Do a few terms with one course for a low workload and a few at 2 a term and doing in 15-18 months is VERY doable without going nuts. I own a business, have a family with teen at home. I started with one class end March first term, doing 2 now and in a few weeks will have the MBA half done with 1/3 of the work I need to do done. I plan to continue with 2 courses a term going forward except the capstone. I hope to finish in June 2022, having started March 29th, 2021.

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cerich67's post:
  • jch
I have taken masters of education courses at University of the People and, while the quality is good, it is incredibly time-consuming. I hear it's similar for MBA classes there. Peer grading and group projects add a significant amount of time. At the graduate level, peer grading should take at least 2 hours each week. That sounds like 2+ hours your sister does not have. For someone who is extremely busy and in a hurry to graduate, I would in no way recommend University of the People. For what your sister wants, I agree with everyone on the forum who says look at Hellenic American University.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wow's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Cheap accredited MLIS theea 3 331 05-03-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: theea
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 32 21,189 04-25-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there any way to enrol into the WGU MBA program as an international student? FM1 9 422 04-25-2024, 09:22 AM
  NYU SPS Guaranteed Admission Program smartdegree 6 677 04-07-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 730 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 452 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  I am looking for a budget online MBA program ranked among the top 50 in USA shrekr 51 16,711 01-15-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  SMC University Very Cheap! armstrongsubero 19 9,345 10-10-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Stanislav
  Graduate program for ITT tech graduate Phdhopeful 12 2,500 09-20-2023, 07:37 AM
  Accepted into Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program frankc 11 1,845 09-19-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley