Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest BA or MA in Philosphy?
I've always been interested in philosophy, and would love to take a crack at some formally organized classes on the subject.

I figure, if I'm going to take the classes anyway, why not get a degree to boot? This is only a hobby, so the degree would just be a plus.

Ideally, it would be a school that would take my existing BS as a blanket for all Gen Ed requirements, but that's not necessarily mandatory.

Any suggestions?
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
They are kind of expensive. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Three-Fast

I don't know if they still have an MA in Philosophy, but look at the UK's Open University.
The only one worth doing is the University of New Orleans program but it won't be quick. Another approach is to take the extension certificate on Philosophy at Harvard, but it's pricey. Though, I wonder are there any ways to offset the cost of those Harvard courses with the Pell Grant? Is it possible to do a consortium agreement with Charter Oak and take classes at the Harvard Extension? or is it possible to offset the costs of those certificates with some sort of GOV tax grants?
Just to check options, does anyone know if American Public University offers blanket transfer with an existing degree? Their site seems devoid of any information on a second bachelor's (seems like they may do credit-by-credit transfers), so I wanted to ask.

Yes, I'm aware that they are for-profit, but they seem to be the least scummy for-profit out there and might just be worth my time if I don't intend to put it on a resume.

It may honestly just be better to chase an MA for fun than a BA, since the MA is at least worth the money I'd spend and would be more interesting and rigorous.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
University of london as a full program via distance learning for around 5k pounds

its not 'fast' though. you'll need to spend 3-4 years to complete it, no credit exemptions 

https://london.ac.uk/courses/philosophy#fees

Fort Hays State has a major in Philosophy.

I believe for 2nd degree seekers, you'll need to complete 30 credit hours in their philosophy major.

it's $213 per credit hour, for 30 credit hours, it's gonna cost you around $6k+ USD.

https://www.fhsu.edu/philosophy/Virtual-...r-Program/

Sophia University offers a MA and PhD in Philosophy. The MA program accepts students from any undergraduate major.

It's about 3k+ euros a year.

Quote:Tuition fee:

1) citizens of EU/UK/EEA and Switzerland – students in residence: € 893 per school year, state scholarships are available providing more than 75% tuition waiver and a monthly stipend eligibility beginning from the second semester; distance learning/extramural studies: € 842 per school year.
2) international students - students in residence: € 3 850 per school year; distance learning/extramural studies: € 3 300 per school year.

https://www.uni-sofia.bg/index.php/eng/s...university
[-] The following 1 user Likes nyvrem's post:
  • Muldoon
Thanks for the answers, the Philosophy interests me too!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest Dual Enrollment For Advanced Math the_epic_man 3 355 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,789 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
  Cheapest? Easiest? RA degree(s) in USA? omicreativedev 18 1,932 01-10-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Fastest/cheapest second bachelor’s degree Lingo55 19 4,822 04-30-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Cheapest Bachelors Degree Alpha 22 4,303 05-04-2021, 04:12 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Cheapest RA or NA bachelor degree options StoicJ 19 3,447 10-11-2020, 04:17 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Public colleges with cheapest out-of-state tuition Life Long Learning 6 1,310 05-31-2020, 12:49 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  cheapest 4 year credit natshar 6 1,712 05-02-2020, 08:34 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Looking for fastest/cheapest degree. (Have 115 traditional credits) Nicole_9 13 2,797 10-18-2019, 05:14 PM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  Cheapest current BSBA from scratch? HAVEaSigAR 5 1,557 02-22-2019, 06:16 PM
Last Post: HAVEaSigAR