Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest Path for TESU?
Hey! I'm newer here but I've browsed around quite a bit.

Right now I'm planning on getting a BA in History and Psychology at TESU. I already have a good idea on how I'm going to get the necessary credits, but my question is: What is the cheapest way to attend TESU?

Right now my general plan is to apply for financial aid (Pell Grant) when the time comes and take 16 credit hours at TESU to get the residency waiver. Is this, generally speaking, the best/cheapest way forward? Is there anything else I show know or consider, or cheaper way entirely? I appreciate all of the assistance, this forum has been a phenomenal resource thus far.
I think taking the 16 credits at TESU would be a good option, as you skip the residency waiver fee and get to earn graded credits also. First off, you should focus on your general education courses (it's the same for both degrees) and then check out these two links for History & Psychology on the wiki. You should be able to use up your general education electives and free electives for the second major, so you shouldn't take any extra courses that you don't need... The cheapest/easiest/fastest way is to use the Sophia.org/StraighterLine/Study.com combo...

History: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/My...in_History
Psych: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/JS...Psychology
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The cheapest way is going to be the way you want to do it.

The 2nd cheapest way is to transfer in all of your credits; take as many courses as possible from Sophia (free through July 31); and take at least 2 courses from Study.com to get the affiliate discount. Then, you take the cornerstone and capstone at TESU.

The combination of the 2 is probably going to work as well. Take Sophia courses first since they're free. Then, go from there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
16 * 509 = 8144                
a lot of money, but it does include the cost of courses          

or 

residency waiver = 2800 

6 * 509 (for corner and capstone)

2800 + 3054 = 5854

but then you still have to pay for the courses somewhere

so that's 
8144 - 5854 = 2290 
cheaper to pay residency waiver 
but you'd still have to pay for courses 

that would give you 
2290 / 10 = 229 to pay for 10 credits

I think this is all correct   
but it is for out of state tuition and does not include study.com discount
(04-23-2020, 02:16 PM)bluebooger Wrote: 16 * 509 = 8144                

or 

residency waiver = 2800 

2800 + 3054 = 5854

so that's 
8144 - 5854 = 2290 

that would give you 

Test has flat rate tuition...

(04-23-2020, 02:16 PM)bluebooger Wrote: 16 * 509 = 8144                

or 

residency waiver = 2800 

2800 + 3054 = 5854

so that's 
8144 - 5854 = 2290 

that would give you 

Tesu has flat rate tuition...
The cheapest way is doing 16 credits in one term.

$4k if you live in NJ

$5k if you don't live in NJ
Also there is no study.com discount for the waiver.
But be aware this a lot work.

And don't forget whether you do the 16 credits in one term or in multiple terms that the price could get even lower. This would be true if got financial aid, pell grant or tuition reimbursement.
(04-23-2020, 03:20 PM)natshar Wrote: The cheapest way is doing 16 credits in one term.

$4k if you live in NJ

$5k if you don't live in NJ
Also there is no study.com discount for the waiver.
But be aware this a lot work.

And don't forget whether you do the 16 credits in one term or in multiple terms that the price could get even lower. This would be true if got financial aid, pell grant or tuition reimbursement.

And also don't forget that this is 16cr in a 12-week term.  A lot of people equate this to a 15cr semester, which is common - but most people don't take 16cr in a quarter, which is what this is.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • natshar
This has been super useful and I definitely will take all of this into account. I'm not wildly concerned about the workload necessarily, I'm willing to put in the effort. It's primarily cost that is the most important for me. Nonetheless, everyone's advice is very helpful.
(04-23-2020, 06:19 PM)DamonPage Wrote: This has been super useful and I definitely will take all of this into account. I'm not wildly concerned about the workload necessarily, I'm willing to put in the effort. It's primarily cost that is the most important for me. Nonetheless, everyone's advice is very helpful.

Then in that case, the cheapest option would be taking 16 credits in one term and getting scholarships and grants on top of that as well.

They award Pell grant based on how many credits you take so if you only take 6 credits you get less money then if you take 16. However, Pell grant is only if you are low income so you may or may not get it. Also, scholarships are easier to come by if you are a high school senior, but there are some for other students as well, it just won't be easy to get. Even a $1000 would go a long way, especially your whole tuition is only $5k. And of course, find out if your job offers tuition reimbursement of any kind. Two of my previous jobs did and none of my co-workers even knew about it, infact even the managers didn't know about it. I had to do a lot of digging to find it out. I see it to your advantage to find out if your job offers tuition reimbursement of any kind, you never know. Also if your job is part of a union some unions are in a program where you get free courses at Eastern Gateway Community College online. Additionally, a handful of companies out there are partners with study.com, StraighterLine, etc and offer discounts on them.  If you really want to save money and I would look into all of these things.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,330 11 hours ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 526 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 455 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 478 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 259 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 278 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27