Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest, fastest Masters program?
What would you say the cheapest and fastest masters program is? I am inclining to believe WGU is one of the finest candidates. I am just about wrapped up on my bachelor's program, so now I'm trying to map out where I'm going to take my education journey. Well, I feel as though a 2nd bachelor's would be a minor accomplishment, so I feel much more attention should be given to obtaining my masters. The best program would most likely be an online program, with a lot of good reviews and affordable so that I can pay into it and possibly take advantage of scholarships. My job will only pay $800 per year, which is something, but probably nowhere near what I will need to finish up a master's program.

I prefer a non-business degree, but I will consider an MBA if it is considerably faster and cheaper, like how the BSBA from tesu is the easiest one to get. Business isn't my true passion, but I rather have a business degree than no degree. Smile
Members of this board have completed the WGU program in one semester. It is a competency based program which is good if you have knowledge in business. You can take as many courses with WGU a semester for a flat tuition cost.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
videogamesrock Wrote:Members of this board have completed the WGU program in one semester. It is a competency based program which is good if you have knowledge in business. You can take as many courses with WGU a semester for a flat tuition cost.

How can any other school compete with that? Does this apply only to thie business program, or does it apply to any of their master's programs? I looked at their education program, perhaps to someday to be a teacher, but I'm interested in criminal justice because I did take the police exam in my state (new jersey) and it would be very helpful to me in that career. Smile How much does the tuition cost? thanks for the scoop!

One semester? WOW! Did they have to study 24-hours straight? lol amazing
Affordable Accredited Online University | WGU Tuition and Fees | Western Governors University

$3250 a semester for the MBA.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
In general, the ROI of grad degrees is poor from a career point of view unless you are 95+% sure that the degree is going to result in a job or promotion that would not happen without the MA/MS. I wouldn't just go to grad school for the sake of going to grad school unless it's purely for personal enrichment and not related to career at all. The BA you're getting satisfies the checkbox for jobs already. Since you're talking about being a teacher and a cop in the same post, I don't think you've thought this through. Just having a turbo MBA grad degree from WGU alone doesn't make you any more employable. But if you're being groomed by execs at your company to the c-suite and HR requires the MBA, then get the WGU MBA.

The checkbox, if there is one for police jobs, is any BA degree or x credits. CJ degree holders intending to go to law enforcement often end up in retail security guard jobs due to lack of job opportunities or failing to pass the extremely stringent background check. CJ degrees are like the liberal arts degree for cops UNLESS it's an on-campus program where you can get a law enforcement internship before graduating. If I were the law enforcement type and wanted to improve my job prospects, I'd choose a masters in cybersecurity and work for corporate IT security or a government agency doing cybersecurity. Cybersecurity is very hot right now.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
The other program is Patten's MBA, someone also finished that in about 4 months time as well for similar pricing...
4 months, 10 courses, $2K/Term, it's the cheapest of the two. It's up to you to decide which one is more for you...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Can the WGU MS in Learning & Technology be completed in one term?
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

creditmonsoon Wrote:What would you say the cheapest and fastest masters program is? I am inclining to believe WGU is one of the finest candidates. I am just about wrapped up on my bachelor's program, so now I'm trying to map out where I'm going to take my education journey. Well, I feel as though a 2nd bachelor's would be a minor accomplishment, so I feel much more attention should be given to obtaining my masters. The best program would most likely be an online program, with a lot of good reviews and affordable so that I can pay into it and possibly take advantage of scholarships. My job will only pay $800 per year, which is something, but probably nowhere near what I will need to finish up a master's program.

I prefer a non-business degree, but I will consider an MBA if it is considerably faster and cheaper, like how the BSBA from tesu is the easiest one to get. Business isn't my true passion, but I rather have a business degree than no degree. Smile

Arkansas State U has a online MPA that comes in around 10K I usually recommend to people. 7 week terms also satisfies your fast part. This is not a CBE program like WGU but has a better brand name IMO. But this all is moot point if your degree doesn't align with your goals.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cardiacclep's post:
  • Ellecarlson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 312 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 278 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 887 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 496 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,619 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 269 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,098 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 2,976 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,631 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 26 4,018 02-18-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: ITdegree