Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest per credit RA schools? $175 or less per SH.
CarpeDiem8 Wrote:Just for my clarification, this would be done when needing UL classes not available through ACE, etc., means?

Well, most are community colleges and TESU would consider them LL. But sometimes they do have a specific class that's needed, or someone wants GPA, someone wants a real course, or wants to use financial aid.

Ideas Wrote:Oh, $156 is not too bad Smile

These are quarter units, not semester units, so it's more expensive than it sounds. I think that five quarter units equal to a little over three semester hours.
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX
Ideas Wrote:Oh, $156 is not too bad Smile

At Foothill, that $156/unit is in addition to the $31/unit that is already charged. So it's $187/unit - but remember that's the quarter system.

For my local semester-based California CC, the fees are $46/cr for in-state, but an additional $216/cr for out of state. So a total of $262/cr for out of state.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
University of Florida charges $129/credit hour for in state

https://ufonline.ufl.edu/tuition/

Great Basin College in Nevada charges (out of state) $142.50/credit hour for lower level credits and $233/credit hour for upper level

Great Basin College: Admissions - Fees
I am I reading this right, regarding FootHill college?

If you are taking 6 units or less
  • Effective Fall 2017, out-of-state students who live in California enrolled in 6 units or less at either Foothill, De Anza or combined, will be waived the $160 non-resident tuition fee. When this group of students enroll into 6.5 units or more for the term, $160/unit tuition for all units enrolled (including the first 6 units) will be charged.
  • The fee wavier will apply to the eligible student accounts 6 hours after enrolling successfully into the class(es).
  • NOTE: The fee reduction does not apply to foreign students. The fee reduction also does not apply to out of state students who lives outside California.
It makes no sense, Foothill is in California, how can you be out-of-state if you live in California?
https://foothill.edu/reg/cashier/index.html

I'm guessing the days of $31 per unit for anyone outside of California is over.
(03-14-2018, 05:39 PM)frank.f.franky Wrote: I am I reading this right, regarding FootHill college?

If you are taking 6 units or less
  • Effective Fall 2017, out-of-state students who live in California enrolled in 6 units or less at either Foothill, De Anza or combined, will be waived the $160 non-resident tuition fee. When this group of students enroll into 6.5 units or more for the term, $160/unit tuition for all units enrolled (including the first 6 units) will be charged.
  • The fee wavier will apply to the eligible student accounts 6 hours after enrolling successfully into the class(es).
  • NOTE: The fee reduction does not apply to foreign students. The fee reduction also does not apply to out of state students who lives outside California.
It makes no sense, Foothill is in California, how can you be out-of-state if you live in California?
https://foothill.edu/reg/cashier/index.html

I'm guessing the days of $31 per unit for anyone outside of California is over.

Students who are from out-of-state, and haven't gotten residency for college admissions purposes - meaning they haven't lived here for 1 year before enrolling.

So if you were enrolled at a 4-yr school, and needed to take a quick course at Foothill for some reason (and wanted to save some money), but you were from out-of-state, you would not be considered a resident of CA.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
https://degree.astate.edu/tuition.aspx
$210 undergrad, 270 grad.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

(03-14-2018, 05:39 PM)frank.f.franky Wrote: I'm guessing the days of $31 per unit for anyone outside of California is over.

They are on the quarter system, so it's $171. Considering that if/when you transfer that, it turns into 3 semester hours, it's still very cheap but $57 per credit.

https://www.dmacc.edu/registration/Pages...nfees.aspx

$181 CH
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

(03-14-2018, 07:00 PM)Ideas Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 05:39 PM)frank.f.franky Wrote: I'm guessing the days of $31 per unit for anyone outside of California is over.

They are on the quarter system, so it's $171. Considering that if/when you transfer that, it turns into 3 semester hours, it's still very cheap but $57 per credit.

I'm good with the math converting quarters to semesters, but I think they now charge anyone outside CA $160 a unit.  So a 5 unit class (5*160=$800) would convert down to a 3 semester hour class (or about 800/3=$267 a semester hour, ouch).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,533 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 647 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,956 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 454 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 247 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 742 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
  Cheapest Dual Enrollment For Advanced Math the_epic_man 3 389 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 698 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 484 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 532 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy