Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choose 2 Liberty courses that fit my TESU degree plan? (urgent)
Exclamation 
Hi all, I need to choose 2 courses to register at Liberty University by this midnight (23:59). Can you help with options that would fit my degree plan, taking into account the courses that will transfer (listed below)? I am planning to transfer these unknown 2 courses along with and 2 current courses to Thomas Edison State University. I don't have the transfer credit report yet as they are taking forever completing it (probably done next week). My degree will be BS Aviation Flight Technology (https://www.tesu.edu/ast/programs/bs/aviation-flight). I have already registered for SOS-110, the required TESU course.

Goal is to maximize credits (90 max but with Liberty course credits, can be up to 114 I believe), and if possible I would like to CLEP more, if any possible courses remaining. I am eligible for full-time credit hour rate at Liberty this semester if I register for these two courses (totaling 6h). Plan is not to take more Liberty courses (so it will be total of 4 courses, 12h). 

There is a reverse course comparison website (can choose Liberty to TESU) here:
https://www.liberty.edu/academics/index.cfm?PID=37347

What I know almost sure that will transfer:

Liberty (current courses):
Introduction to Sociology SOCI200 (equivalent to SOC101)
Introduction to Statistics and Probability MATH201 (equivalent to STA201)

CLEP (around 21h)
US History I
US History II
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
College Composition
College Composition Modular
Principles of Marketing

Aviation certificates (around 46h)
FAA ATP
FAA CFI
FAA CFI-I

Foreign Credential Evaluation (max 23h)
Physics 1
Information Technology 1
Fundamentals of Information Networks
Fundamentals of Linux
Fundamentals of Computing
HTML & Web pages
Accounting
Fundamentals of Business Economics
Updating English
Counseling

Thanks!
Does Liberty have Physics II with lab? I would suggest that and maybe Public Speaking.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
You did not say why you're taking courses at Liberty - I'm not sure why you'd choose there instead of somewhere cheaper?

As for us telling you what to take, you literally said "go to Liberty and choose some classes for me" which is asking the forum to do the work here. Not many are going to take you up on your request.

I can tell you that the College Comp & College Comp Modular CLEP exams overlap - so don't take Modular.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks, and sorry I should’ve been more specific: I already took the CLEP exams listed.

About Liberty: I’m Christian but maybe I don’t like that they have to push Bible on every other chapter, probably on my major Science courses (aviation) too. Sure it’s cheaper per credit hour, but total cost at TESU might actually be less as I think I will receive more credit. Also, the major is more specific/interesting at TESU.

I just wanted to ask since deadline for registration is closing and I’m not very good at evaluating what might transfer being an international student, as most of this is new to me - I just applied to these Universities late last year. I’m also little frustrated TESU hasn’t issued a transfer credit report yet: I already submitted all transcripts 2-3 months ago and they were waiting for IELTS test document before doing anything.
(03-05-2022, 07:21 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Does Liberty have Physics II with lab? I would suggest that and maybe Public Speaking.

Agree with this, you also know you need College Algebra so that is an option (although is is available through a number of alternative sources)

For the Gen Ed areas you know you're short in keep in mind that TESU is pretty flexible as long as they fall into the subject area, avoid business courses (as they are electives only for your degree) - this is a good reference for inspiration - https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/j...-and-after
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

@tumppi - What courses did you end up enrolling?
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Thanks all, I chose Public Speaking and American Government. It was quite easy to figure out the courses myself when looking at the unofficial course evaluation at TESU and how the courses would fit on the degree plan, and then using the reverse course comparison on Liberty’s website (TESU-Liberty). These two courses are almost guaranteed to fit their respective course requirements in the degree plan, and nothing I’m transferring is closely similar to these subjects.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tumppi's post:
  • allvia

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 4 85 6 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 595 Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,170 Yesterday, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,905 Yesterday, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 217 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 210 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,163 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  Interdisciplinary from Liberty University Hami8665 3 187 04-16-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 191 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 4 524 04-16-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Mems88