Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Class Review
I've seen a lot of post about wanting a class review. I just started this semester and I just wrapped up BUS 260 Leadership. This class has a few milestones and a 5-6 page paper. Overall an easy class but I would of rather done this at study.com to avoid the paper. The professor was extremely nice and this class could be knocked out in 5 days. I took about 7 days to finish. 

I am currently on BUS 410 Operations Management. This is a powerpoint presentation that includes a voiceover. I'm not really interested in this class so I've been lagging but I plan to wrap things up by Sunday. 

After this I plan to take American Gov't and that should wrap up my requirements. I have 8 UL courses and would like to have one thread of all the classes you may have enjoyed at UMPI with what is the final assessment. 

Thanks for anyone who participates. I plan to update as I go along as well!

Also if anyone has taken Operations Management could the PM me?!
[-] The following 1 user Likes umpica2022's post:
  • Jackiessuccess
For the Operations Management class, is it just one final paper for letter grades or are do milestones count as well?
(09-07-2022, 05:04 PM)fmsoa Wrote: For the Operations Management class, is it just one final paper for letter grades or are do milestones count as well?

It is a powerpoint presentation. There are no milestones just quizzes but they are not included in the grade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes umpica2022's post:
  • Pikachu
Great idea! This is my first and hopefully my only session Smile I started with 10 courses to complete.I also just completed BUS 260 today getting the green light to submit my Final from the professor. He gives great feedback.
I have also completed POS 101 American Government and am completing POS 211 Intro to Pol Thought with my Final tonight.
POS 101 was a great course, quick 2 days. Adaptive quizzes, 3 milestones and a 1500 word final paper. POS 211 was a little more challenging for me, but it is a “thought” course. Also adaptive quizzes, 3 milestones and a final 1500 word paper.
As of tonight, 3 courses down, 7 to go!

I’m no help for BUS 415 Operations Mgmnt as I took the equivalent on Study.com before starting as I had heard the project was a challenge.

Just opened GEO 101, LOTS of content….
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jennr2z's post:
  • Pikachu
(09-07-2022, 08:05 PM)Jennr2z Wrote: Great idea! This is my first and hopefully my only session Smile I started with 10 courses to complete.I also just completed BUS 260 today getting the green light to submit my Final from the professor. He gives great feedback.
I have also completed POS 101 American Government and am completing POS 211 Intro to Pol Thought with my Final tonight.
POS 101 was a great course, quick 2 days. Adaptive quizzes, 3 milestones and a 1500 word final paper.  POS 211 was a little more challenging for me, but it is a “thought” course. Also adaptive quizzes, 3 milestones and a final 1500 word paper.

I’m no help for BUS  415 Operations Mgmnt as I took the equivalent on Study.com before starting as I had heard the project was a challenge.

Is it true that you can re-submit the final paper for better grades after inputs from professor?

(09-07-2022, 05:06 PM)umpica2022 Wrote:
(09-07-2022, 05:04 PM)fmsoa Wrote: For the Operations Management class, is it just one final paper for letter grades or are do milestones count as well?

It is a powerpoint presentation. There are no milestones just quizzes but they are not included in the grade.

Have you taken BUS 323: Fundamentals of Supply Chain and Logistics?
(09-07-2022, 10:49 PM)fmsoa Wrote:
(09-07-2022, 08:05 PM)Jennr2z Wrote: Great idea! This is my first and hopefully my only session Smile I started with 10 courses to complete.I also just completed BUS 260 today getting the green light to submit my Final from the professor. He gives great feedback.
POS 101 was a great course, quick 2 days. Adaptive quizzes, 3 milestones and a 1500 word final paper.  POS 211 was a little more challenging for me, but it is a “thought” course. Also adaptive quizzes, 3 milestones and a final 1500 word paper.

I’m no help for BUS  415 Operations Mgmnt as I took the equivalent on Study.com before starting as I had heard the project was a challenge.

Is it true that you can re-submit the final paper for better grades after inputs from professor?
The Leadership draft that I received back today had a suggestion to fix one citation but he said it was ready to submit for final. I fixed it and submitted for final. From what I have seen, they say ok to submit draft for final but you don’t know what your score is until you submit final and receive that back, so idk??
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jennr2z's post:
  • Pikachu
@umpica2022, great work! Wow, just the American Government and Operations Management courses left to do and you're done! We'll cheer you on from the side lines, you seem to have everything in orderly fashion and finishing at "Your Pace".

@Jennr2z, if the professor has entered in any notes or pending updates, you may want to follow through with their recommendations. Also "recheck" everything just to make sure you've hit the instructions and requirements for the rubric on scoring...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Milestones are never included in the final grade. The final grade is 100% based on the Final Assessment.

I completed BUS415. Yes, it's a PowerPoint with voiceover. Everything you need for the presentation is included in the course content. I see a lot of people not reading the course content and going straight to the Final Assessments on social media. Then they ask for a ton of help. This is college. You need to do your own work. Contact the professor when you have questions about a specific part of the assignment.

You get one attempt at a rough draft. Then you receive feedback from the professor. You make those changes and submit the final version of the Final Assessment. Unless you completely bomb the assignment, you won't get to make anymore revisions and if you completely bomb it, you have a meeting with Cody because you failed the class.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle, Pikachu
(09-08-2022, 03:33 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Milestones are never included in the final grade. The final grade is 100% based on the Final Assessment.

I completed BUS415. Yes, it's a PowerPoint with voiceover. Everything you need for the presentation is included in the course content. I see a lot of people not reading the course content and going straight to the Final Assessments on social media. Then they ask for a ton of help. This is college. You need to do your own work. Contact the professor when you have questions about a specific part of the assignment.

You get one attempt at a rough draft. Then you receive feedback from the professor. You make those changes and submit the final version of the Final Assessment. Unless you completely bomb the assignment, you won't get to make anymore revisions and if you completely bomb it, you have a meeting with Cody because you failed the
class.
I would take any input on what the ppt slides should look like, format wise for GEO 101, this course is throwing me. Not the content, I get that but how the ppt should be formatted?? I wish they had a generic format example….

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First post, political science class guidance needed Daniel14 6 199 03-23-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: wildebeest
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 95 56,432 03-20-2024, 03:37 AM
Last Post: theea
  How does adding another class work? Marlin9276 4 362 02-02-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Need Help With BABA Marketing Class selection rrrr 5 436 12-17-2023, 06:59 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Class difficulty bvndz 5 921 12-17-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ishady
  Average Milestones per Undergraduate Class? klone 6 756 09-27-2023, 04:36 AM
Last Post: ishady
  Art class, Art History Sara143 25 1,557 09-21-2023, 11:34 AM