Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Class starts on Monday...NERVOUS
Shocked 
SOS-110  INFORMATION LITERACY-Critical Information Literacy

The plan is to get this out of the way while I get as many Sophia/Study.com credits in the meantime. 

Nervous because, well I am an overachiever and it is hard to accept anything less than an A. Even an A- is wrong in my book, which is abnormal, for which I am. 

So, I began this journey alone (but with the help of this forum and only this forum). I have been doing Sophia classes in the mornings before work and for a few minutes after work before I start the dinner process. Sophia has had my concentration, but not at the percentage level of when I was at a liberal arts university(1987-1989). Thus where I am going is just this..." how in the hell am I going to pull this off"?

Why do I not say anything to my soul mate, well I want to see how far I can go without putting any "stress" on him. He is quite taxed with responsibilities with his business ventures and I do not want to add to that (even if it's minute).

Any advice is welcomed.

Thank you for letting me vent.  

Crotique (cause crochet is my therapy)
You should have little trouble getting an A. The class will spoon feed you everything you need to know. The final paper is weighted so you get 25% of the points automatically if you simply follow the directions. The most important thing is to pay attention to due dates and do not be late completing tasks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tallpilot's post:
  • crotique
(10-01-2020, 08:11 PM)crotique Wrote: Nervous because, well I am an overachiever and it is hard to accept anything less than an A. Even an A- is wrong in my book, which is abnormal, for which I am. 

Try to keep in mind that literally nobody else will care what grade you get in your classes once you've got your degree. I understand that it can be hard to accept less than an A at times, but I've found that keeping in mind that nobody cares about the individual classes can absolutely help with the anxiety.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • crotique, Muldoon
(10-01-2020, 08:11 PM)crotique Wrote: SOS-110  INFORMATION LITERACY-Critical Information Literacy

The plan is to get this out of the way while I get as many Sophia/Study.com credits in the meantime. 

Nervous because, well I am an overachiever and it is hard to accept anything less than an A. Even an A- is wrong in my book, which is abnormal, for which I am. 

So, I began this journey alone (but with the help of this forum and only this forum). I have been doing Sophia classes in the mornings before work and for a few minutes after work before I start the dinner process. Sophia has had my concentration, but not at the percentage level of when I was at a liberal arts university(1987-1989). Thus where I am going is just this..." how in the hell am I going to pull this off"?

Why do I not say anything to my soul mate, well I want to see how far I can go without putting any "stress" on him. He is quite taxed with responsibilities with his business ventures and I do not want to add to that (even if it's minute).

Any advice is welcomed.

Thank you for letting me vent.  

Crotique (cause crochet is my therapy)
I, too, am a perfectionist. This summer, however, I did the scariest thing I've ever done in school - AND SURVIVED!!!. While taking a course at Purdue Global, I didn't turn in an assignment. Not even late. I felt I couldn't do it perfectly, so I wouldn't do anything. Normally, at that point in a course, I'd drop the course. This time? I continued and completed the rest of the course. I got an A-, but I'm proud of the fact that, at least in this instance, I confronted my perfectionism and gave it a Bronx cheer.

Many on this forum had many stops, starts, and failures along the way. The best thing about this forum is that's okay. As long as you pick yourself up one more time than you fall, you'll get there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LongRoad's post:
  • crotique
Yes, be afraid, be anxious, be nervous, be yourself... it's perfectly alright to feel that way starting a course that you've not taken before. Just be willing to work hard on the course and you'll be alright, the Cornerstone is not there to stop you, it's a course designed to teach you the basics, which in many cases mean, it's a review/preview of things to be learning... essentially, it prepares you for the courses that come afterwards.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • crotique
I start SOS-110 on Monday also. If I don't have too much work I'll start the capstone a month or so later. I'm mostly nervous because this week I got way more jobs than normal. I'm hoping that I have enough time to put into everything.
[-] The following 1 user Likes utility's post:
  • crotique
I am taking it now and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. If you hit the rubric you will do well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tlm's post:
  • crotique
The Purdue Global class was the first class I've done with a rubric. Gotta tell you, I almost felt like I was cheating. Address this point. Done. Address that point. Done. Check spelling, grammar, and citations. Done. A. (That's the grade, not a typo.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes LongRoad's post:
  • crotique
You should have no trouble with an A in the class if you put forth any effort whatsoever. It is very easy. There are no exams, quizzes are open book, and there is plenty of time to do the assignments. Try your best to test out of all the MyLab and Nimblywise assignments, and be sure to read the questions fully without rushing like I did. MyLab is a huge time suck if you get dragged into that remedial mess. I had to complete just one small section on one of the MyLabs, it was a horrible experience. That program is extremely remedial and riddled with errors, which makes the process drag on even longer than it should. Thankfully, I tested out of everything else. I feel sorry for anyone stuck having to do all sections of MyLab. I would probably smash my computer if forced into that. Just from reading your writing in the post, I would assume you will be able to test out of a majority of Mylab reading and writing. The math section is basically 10th grade level - max. Testing out of Nimblywise requires more of an understanding of researching and citation skills, so depending on your understanding there, you may be able to skip that as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like rpmranger's post:
  • cerich67, crotique
(10-05-2020, 02:45 PM)rpmranger Wrote: You should have no trouble with an A in the class if you put forth any effort whatsoever. It is very easy. There are no exams, quizzes are open book, and there is plenty of time to do the assignments. Try your best to test out of all the MyLab and Nimblywise assignments, and be sure to read the questions fully without rushing like I did. MyLab is a huge time suck if you get dragged into that remedial mess. I had to complete just one small section on one of the MyLabs, it was a horrible experience. That program is extremely remedial and riddled with errors, which makes the process drag on even longer than it should. Thankfully, I tested out of everything else. I feel sorry for anyone stuck having to do all sections of MyLab. I would probably smash my computer if forced into that. Just from reading your writing in the post, I would assume you will be able to test out of a majority of Mylab reading and writing. The math section is basically 10th grade level - max. Testing out of Nimblywise requires more of an understanding of researching and citation skills, so depending on your understanding there, you may be able to skip that as well.

Agree, in the last month of SO 110 and the above is absolutely correct.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cerich67's post:
  • crotique

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which class to take? ACI 6 231 03-27-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: AllThose299s
  BA Computer Science Final upper class to take Armstrong 17 1,035 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Duplicating a Sophia Class dillpickles 8 498 07-11-2023, 07:52 AM
Last Post: dillpickles
  BACIS/BSSC TESU Class Advice dernsaw 5 688 12-13-2022, 01:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  If classes start Monday, December 5th, are you enrolled? Insert Name 2 454 12-02-2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Study.com CompSci class order for TESU? CanICode 7 1,709 10-31-2022, 04:54 AM
Last Post: inf
  TESU enrollment and class changes ACI 7 1,213 06-11-2022, 11:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Last class needed matt8113 5 899 05-04-2022, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Need refresher course after 1 year of taken a class/TECEP in TESU? StudentOLife 2 767 07-27-2021, 12:47 AM
Last Post: StudentOLife
  Equivalent class to TESU MAN-331 Human Recourses Management? Jesus is Lord 11 1,230 04-21-2021, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Jesus is Lord