Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster College Accounting Undergrad Cert
Hello,
Has anyone taken the undergrad accounting cert from Penn Foster? If so what were the courses like? Is it worth it?
Thanks,
eminor7
Pierpont BOG AAS Information Systems 2022 
TESU BA Music 2023

Obtained tons of credit from Sophia, Study.com, InstantCert Credit, TEEX, CLEP,  UExcel, Straighterline, CSMLearn, Coopersmith, Coursera, and CC
Hey eminor7, my kids are into music after I got them an electronic keyboard and a guitar a couple weeks ago.  BTW, I just replied to your private message in regards to IT Certs.  Since you're into Business (Accounting), I would suggest something different even though I've taken 3 ACE courses from Penn Foster before.  I suggest a cheap/easy/fast way that also provides greater ROI/Value, see below.

Penn Foster Accounting Cert costs $2399!  That's 2400 for 30 credits which is $80/credit.  Their courses are ACE recommended for credit.  I would save the cash, energy, time for an Associates or a Bachelors.  I've quickly skimmed through your previous posts and you're into Business/IT at WGU.  If you really wanted to though, Penn Foster is NA and WGU will accept them without the need to go through ACE.

Now, it depends how much your budget/college fund or savings you have and how you want to slice things.  If I wanted to do this really cheap if you don't have tuition assistance or reimbursement is to get 24 RA credits and then complete an Associates and Bachelors through COSC.  If you have tuition assistance or a larger budget, then Brandman, EC, TESU, WGU would do.

Your first step is actually to do the following: 1) Decide on the degree path, Business or IT, maybe both?!
2) Invest in a second monitor for multi-tasking.  It's so much easier/faster for completing courses with open e-books.
3) Sign up for Sophia.org and get an equivalent of the Penn Foster Accounting Certificate for $149/year.
Yes, there are 10 business related courses and some other courses that you would really interest you!

4) Complete not just 30 credits but over 90 credits with Sophia.org, then do some FREEBIES for IT with TEEX.
5) Do the CSM Learn course for your math/stats upgrading, this is a very good course for a math phobic student.
6) If you're not sure what you want, take courses towards a BSLS AND BSBA at COSC, the courses required are very similar to EC and TESU, you can decide at the last minute if you wanted to change to EC/TESU in the future.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you, I have private message you.
TESU BA Music 2023

Obtained tons of credit from Sophia, Study.com, InstantCert Credit, TEEX, CLEP,  UExcel, Straighterline, CSMLearn, Coopersmith, Coursera, and CC
Hey, I've replied back, for those wondering... this is what CSM and TEEX are...
CSM - https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/CSM_Learn , partners.wgu.edu guide for WGU BS Business ITM, it's an applied prob/stats
TEEX - https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/TEEX and freebies https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit
Excelsior IT is pretty good, but it's not fully test-out-able and not competency based either. Basically, Big 3 + CBE.
I would choose a Big 3 for undergrad and choose WGU or a competency based degree provider for graduate school.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If you are looking for a cheap accounting certificate PF affiliate Ashworth College has a 15 credit certificate in Accounting and you can transfer 9 ACE credits into it such as SDC. If you do all the courses at AC, $1200 would be the tuition—since WGU accepts NA credits they should transfer there too.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
OP, if you are still considering WGU (and particularly if you are thinking about an accounting degree), I would check into what courses/competencies WGU will accept and apply to your degree program. I looked into WGU for a bachelor’s degree in accounting and talked to somebody from admissions. Long story short, they were not going to give me credit toward the degree (competency completion) for a number of accounting courses I had already taken. They want(ed) you to complete everything but the basic level accounting courses at WGU. Don’t want you to spend a good bit of money for the Penn Foster cert only to not actually be able to use some of the credits you have earned.

This may be out of date, but it speaks to what I am saying: https://partners.wgu.edu/TransferGuideli...unting.pdf
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
Thank you all! I gather that Penn Foster is not a good idea.

How about TESU BSBA Accounting? Would InstantCert's Spanish I fulfill the oral communications requirement? If I were to take some of the accounting courses at Study.com (the cost accounting, intermediate accounting, advanced accounting), will there be a gap once I transfer and take the other courses at TESU?

I thought I saw that InstantCert has Managerial Accounting, but I can't find that on their website anymore.
TESU BA Music 2023

(01-10-2021, 04:28 PM)eminor7 Wrote: Would InstantCert's Spanish I fulfill the oral communications requirement? 

No. But if you want to avoid recording any speeches then you'll want to do SDC's Presentation Skills in the Workplace.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@rachel83az thanks for reminding me, I forgot about the Presentations Skills course.
TESU BA Music 2023

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which college was recently disavowed? pluggingalong 5 292 04-01-2024, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 7 1,223 03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  Czech College Courses for 50+ in the US eriehiker 2 324 01-19-2024, 01:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 423 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  South Texas College CBE Construction, HVACR, & Electrician Technology Jonathan Whatley 2 424 12-09-2023, 05:25 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  College Mascots ItsNeverTheLionsYear 17 1,029 11-14-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  Nichols College BS in Business Administration karehiro 25 3,402 04-02-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: JPN
  Snow College accelerated AS - review/help IReallyNeedADegree 43 3,137 03-21-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  What is the best college/option for me? ZKL111 20 2,189 03-17-2023, 02:23 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Age 55 and older discounts for online college? pluggingalong 4 834 03-06-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: rachel83az