Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CollegePlus is Now Lumerit Education/Scholar
When looking up Knowledge Elements, I found that they were acquired by Lumerit, and their name was changed to Learning Solutions. There wasn't much information on the Learning Solutions website, so I did a search for Lumerit and found it it is the new name for CollegePlus.

This is such bull.

Quote:Shouldn't I just go to a community college?
Sure, if you don’t want to be certain your credits will transfer, you don’t mind severely limited course options and availability, and you love being stuck waiting for your courses to have openings or taking a course at an inconvenient time. At Lumerit, we’ll guarantee your credits will transfer before you ever start your first course. You can begin one of our courses at anytime, take them anywhere you want (as long as you have an internet connection), and finish at your own pace. Which would you prefer?

https://collegeplus.org/pricing
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:
Quote:Shouldn't I just go to a community college?
Sure, if you don’t want to be certain your credits will transfer, you don’t mind severely limited course options and availability, and you love being stuck waiting for your courses to have openings or taking a course at an inconvenient time. At Lumerit, we’ll guarantee your credits will transfer before you ever start your first course. You can begin one of our courses at anytime, take them anywhere you want (as long as you have an internet connection), and finish at your own pace. Which would you prefer?

This is such bull.

:ack:Confusedmilelol:

I mean seriously, CCs have their place, and to bash them and praise your own [expensive] system (based on promises that may not always be able to be fulfilled) in such a way is sketchy in itself. Not to mention the pricing scale isn't showing the cost of the actual CBEs, study materials, or TESU waiver, from what I can tell.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Community college students can often be certain their credits will transfer. Look for articulation agreements or state laws for the answers. Just because someone tells you there is uncertainty in transferring community college credits doesn't make it so. Do your own research. If you hand over your future for someone else (a company, an individual, a website, this forum, a bot, ...) to run for you, what happens when they make a mistake or tell you something wrong?
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
That's terrible! CC almost certainly transfers much more often than any other source of alternative credits. If we're talking TESU, then CC credits count just as much as alternative credits do. If we're talking transferring from a CC in your state to a public college/university in your state, then you're definitely better off taking CC courses. The biggest issue with CC credits not transferring is when you change degree plans, and then you have credits you can't really use in the new degree. But this is an issue with TESU as well!

I hate companies that use scare-tactics in their marketing!!!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I take issue with the severely limited options. Your local CC may have severely limited options, but there are plenty of other CCs with a plethora of online courses. CCs offer courses that aren't available through alternative sources. For example, I had to take the Biology II lab at NMJC. Before I found CSU Global CBEs (which I doubt Lumerit knows about), I was looking at taking systems analysis and design at a CC when TESU still transferred CC courses as UL.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
I don't have much time to reply to this because I've got to go study for my last test before I graduate this coming week, BUT, I can assure you that the service Lumerit (CP) provides is worth it for MANY students. It's not for everyone, just like a brick and mortar school isn't for everyone. You're not just receiving a list of courses that are guaranteed to be receiving credit with your chosen degree path, you also can receive coaching and accountability which is one thing that many younger students need. As an adult student it's not as necessary for me, however having someone fight on my behalf when TESU or another insititution changes their rules was important since I had no idea how fast I'd be able to finish my degree. I have personally seen Lumerit employees go above and beyond to fight for their students and ensure previous plans would be accepted by the chosen institution.

K, back to studying. Cheers.
If it works for you, great.

For most people, this is throwing money in the garbage.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
katiejo85 Wrote:I don't have much time to reply to this because I've got to go study for my last test before I graduate this coming week, BUT, I can assure you that the service Lumerit (CP) provides is worth it for MANY students. It's not for everyone, just like a brick and mortar school isn't for everyone. You're not just receiving a list of courses that are guaranteed to be receiving credit with your chosen degree path, you also can receive coaching and accountability which is one thing that many younger students need. As an adult student it's not as necessary for me, however having someone fight on my behalf when TESU or another insititution changes their rules was important since I had no idea how fast I'd be able to finish my degree. I have personally seen Lumerit employees go above and beyond to fight for their students and ensure previous plans would be accepted by the chosen institution.

K, back to studying. Cheers.

From what I've gathered, most students who pay for Lumerit aka CollegePlus do so because their parents don't want them attending secular schools. A lot of their students are being homeschooled. We've had a few students sent to this forum by CollegePlus (after paying thousands of dollars, they were sent to a free forum for additional assistance) who said they wanted to study for CBEs using materials with a Christian worldview. I guess some see the study materials and coaching as worth it, but I wouldn't spend several thousand dollars for an advocate. Advocating for yourself is an important skill to learn as you enter adulthood. However, if you're an enrolled student, TESU pre-plans CLEPs, DSSTs, Uexcels, and courses from regionally accredited colleges. They also have equivalency charts for Straighterline, Saylor, and Study.com. Most of the time, TESU does not change rules on enrolled students; but, when they do, I've been able to advocate for myself. If you aren't enrolled, there's not much you or Lumerit can do, but I don't know if Lumerit always has its students enroll immediately.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
sanantone Wrote:From what I've gathered, most students who pay for Lumerit aka CollegePlus do so because their parents don't want them attending secular schools. A lot of their students are being homeschooled. We've had a few students sent to this forum by CollegePlus (after paying thousands of dollars, they were sent to a free forum for additional assistance) who said they wanted to study for CBEs using materials with a Christian worldview.

If that's the case, nothing we say is going to change these kids into being more assertive and independent. I'm going to shut up before I get in trouble because I could go on and on about these kids and their parents.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
TrailRunr Wrote:If that's the case, nothing we say is going to change these kids into being more assertive and independent. I'm going to shut up before I get in trouble because I could go on and on about these kids and their parents.

You weren't here for the mega long CollegePlus thread I started a few years ago. I won't go there again. Confusedmilelol:
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worldwide Education Services (WES) Shelf life? nyrsimon 3 228 04-02-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: nyrsimon
  UK vs US, Education Compared bjcheung77 1 201 03-18-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Country Preview: Poland - Inexpensive European Education bjcheung77 11 1,995 01-29-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  US Education Department unveils stricter college oversight rules bjcheung77 0 348 11-01-2023, 02:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Education Is Now America’s Great Divide LevelUP 2 363 10-06-2023, 02:50 PM
  Continuing Education stipend ideas impasta 5 484 09-21-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: impasta
  Panorama Education Acquires Mesa Cloud... bjcheung77 0 423 07-01-2023, 01:45 AM
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 827 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Is an Ivy Education Worth It? Imbanewbie 2 572 05-02-2023, 02:37 PM
  Education Scams Are Everywhere davewill 8 961 04-23-2023, 08:49 PM