Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colleges besides TESU, COSC, Excelsior, WGU that accept ACE
I'd swear I've seen a list on here, of colleges who accept alternative credit (study.com, Sophia, Straighterline, etc--not counting CLEP/AP-nearly all take that) beyond the Big 3-4, for a Bachelor's Degree, but I can't find it. It's a frequent question on a group I'm in, so I thought I'd ask here. Must be regionally accredited.
Arizona state college and Brandman?
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetsugarNL's post:
  • alab21
If have a specific provider you want to use (sophia. Study.com, OnlineDegree.com etc) check on their site for partner colleges there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • Life Long Learning
The problem is that unless someone actually transfers courses to a school, or the school proactively publishes a list of accepted courses, we just won't know.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • alab21
A good list, in my opinion, would have at least 90 credits transferrable and ability to take all classes online.

Here are some colleges with transfer guides:
https://study.com/academy/college-accele...dycom.html#

SNHU has a generous policy accepting credits:
https://www.snhu.edu/admission/transferr...esting-out
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
There are so many, it's hard to list them all. 4000+ schools take AP, 2000+ take CLEP (so definitely not "most"), but hundreds if not a thousand take ACE.

But I don't think we have anywhere near to a comprehensive list of schools that will take ACE - and as soon as it was posted, it would be outdated (either we'd find someone new who would take it and wasn't on the list, or we'd find out that a school listed stopped taking ACE.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Many community colleges are beginning to take ACE.
In my experience, more colleges take the military ACE (JST) transcripts than the civilian ACE transcripts and I have and send BOTH.  

Offical Example:  

Frederick Community College, MD (this is the college you buy FEMA credits from).

FCC took 24 of my 42 CLEP credits.
FCC took 19 of my 48 military JST/ACE credits.
FCC took 3 of my 78 DANTES/DSST credits.
FCC took 0 of my 55 civilian ACE credits.

FCC is progressive to make money selling you credits but is NOT liberal in accepting transfer credits. Sad
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

There's no way to get a good estimate. You just have to search the policies of each individual school. ACE redid its membership list dropping it down to several hundred, but now it's over 1,000. There are schools that accept civilian ACE credits but aren't ACE members. There are schools that are ACE members but only accept military credits. Some have tried to use Straighterline partnerships to guesstimate the number of schools that accept civilian ACE credits, but that's highly inaccurate.

By the way, I recently found out that Texas A&M, Corpus Christi accepts civilian ACE credits. They're also an ACE member, but they are not a partner school of an ACE credit provider.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I know that Indiana State University and IVY Tech accept ACE Credits.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Considering SNHU BSCS, TESU BSIT, or any other BS in tech over UMPI BLS MIS cvieira 24 945 03-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: cvieira
  Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer bjcheung77 87 40,103 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: inor
  TESU BA psychology - need help with degree plan amleigh 17 839 12-16-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Are there any online colleges with recorded or live video lectures? whiverem 15 968 11-17-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: whiverem
  The official guide to courses from the Big Three: COSC, TESU, & Excelsior jsh1138 25 39,175 10-22-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: jch
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 1,829 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Other Brick and Mortar Public Univ's that Accept ACE Credit cdrob44 18 2,367 09-06-2023, 07:30 PM
  Does Ana G. Mendez University accept ACE credits ande 7 671 07-11-2023, 02:07 PM
Big Grin Degree Plan for SNHU BSCS AND/OR TESU BACS Request suzycupcake 10 1,237 06-24-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  What are the best online colleges? whiverem 10 1,175 05-23-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: LevelUP